Air Jordan 1 x UNION LA Thread

Tbh I didnt really want the blues and I already have storm blues so I was content with my union bts. After getting those in hand the blues became a must and just grabbed on stockx for more then I wanted but the quality and build is so good
Yeah i got storm blues too (love that pair), but i kinda knew from the beginning i was gonna need both pairs from this set if i got one lol

Tbh I am shocked to hear so many complaints about Union and how they handled shipping. I hit on initial release and had the shoes at my house the following week’s Wednesday...pretty damn quick if you ask me. Lacebag was detached like a lot of people, but I could care less. Still counting my blessings to hit this retail everyday!!! Late pic of the cop ha...

Attachments

• 747D8A1C-2544-4EAF-8A17-B98CEFCC5CD3.jpeg
    747D8A1C-2544-4EAF-8A17-B98CEFCC5CD3.jpeg
    201.3 KB · Views: 33
So now lots of people got their pairs in hand, do yall think the leather better than sbb?

It's not as plush which is why people cream over it (although the black on the SBB feels like that typical synthetic that's on everything which drags it down a bit) but it's gonna wear much better and last longer I feel (and there's no obvious synthetic as far as I can tell)

The whole SBB being better is interesting

The appearance of “softer” butter leather comes from the backing or thinner padding.it mimicks the “quality” of casual sneakers.

I prefer the quality of the unions bc it’s basically the same leatheras SBB w more substantial structure and padding.

Whatever shoe you pick, u ain’t wrong

Nah the SBB is softer because its a one off jordan 1 made with pigskin. No other 1 will come close to it if its made with any other hide. It is what it is.

But the Unions enter the contest with quality full grain leather everywhere and at a thicker cut, like on the OG (sans swoosh)

It really is a toss up as of now for me as far as special-ness goes lol. So youre probably absolutely right with that last sentence. I wish I could get them in hand to compare.

Why did they use a nubuck swoosh on these? That’s the only part I don’t get?

Nah the SBB is softer because its a one off jordan 1 made with pigskin. No other 1 will come close to it if its made with any other hide. It is what it is.

But the Unions enter the contest with quality full grain leather everywhere and at a thicker cut, like on the OG (sans swoosh)

It really is a toss up as of now for me as far as special-ness goes lol. So youre probably absolutely right with that last sentence. I wish I could get them in hand to compare.
for me i lean towards the Unions bc im simply not a fan of orange like that. as a NYY fan the SBBs gave too much of an orioles/giants vibe

Back
Top Bottom