AIR JORDAN 11 “GRATITUDE” / THANK YOU - 12/09/2023

Lor the economy is just that bad? People in the white/red 12 thread talking about $210 is too much to constantly buy retros. Mostly everything is so ****ing expensive it's wild out here

I think all anybody is saying here is that 11s ain’t a silhouette anybody under 30 gon break their necks to get anymore. Lucky for Nike there are enough people over 30 who still love 11s so they not gonna sit

But the days of 11s all ages pandemonium on release day are over. No more stampeding at the mall. No more people chasing you into the parking lot tryna offer you $500 for your pair. No more people having to be worried about getting jumped for theirs. THATS what prime 11 hype was

That type of behavior is reserved for other shoes/models these days. Every style has its time.

Cats don't want to hear this but this has been the case for a while now. No Jordan 11 has been shut down the mall difficult in almost 10 years.

How we got here doesn't change the end result. Sure Nike could go back to 2 full size runs per store but then they would be losing out on $$ themselves too so they're not gunna do that.

These will sell out, they won't be difficult.

Kid's don't care about 11's.

Cats don't want to hear this but this has been the case for a while now. No Jordan 11 has been shut down the mall difficult in almost 10 years.

How we got here doesn't change the end result. Sure Nike could go back to 2 full size runs per store but then they would be losing out on $$ themselves too so they're not gunna do that.

These will sell out, they won't be difficult.

Kid's don't care about 11's.

Honestly, that might be the move if Nike wanna resurrect 11s and get them out the nursing homes of America

Cut production a bit, and get them on the feet of some influencers. A lot of early 00s fashion is back. Every day I walk into lecture and see at least 5 kids dressed like 2001 era Pharrell, because Tik Tok. All the girls dressed like BRATZ dolls, because Tik Tok. But they really don't care to know any other popular early 2000s silhouettes besides dunks.

That's the problem. These kids don't care to know any history, and when you suggest they look something up the accuse you of "gatekeeping sneakers" ... So everything has to be made new/hot for them again in the context of TODAY (Tik Tok)

I don’t know what we’re complaining about here. Why are we wanting the 11s to be popular amongst kids? There is nothing more I’d love than for 11s to sit in stores. Just peep the AF1 thread. Those dudes are having the time of their lives copping stuff for 40% off. If I could get 11s at 40% off, I’d be in heaven. **** them kids. I don’t give a damn what some teenager wants to wear to school.

The reality of it is that these will sell out. Even if it isn’t an instant sellout, there won’t be any pairs left before Christmas hits.

that’s the only thing I was hinged on

kids not caring is simply not true

it’s not whether I want them to care or not

when they drop they’ll want em cause these will be on their friends feet

y’all are trying to turn a aj11 into a new balance or some sort of old man’s shoe (monarch)

it’s just not true

not with those levels of production numbers

the reality is if anybody should be passing on this release it should be the people in this thread

damn near everybody in this thread has had concords multiple times and most prolly still have pairs

I love the XI. Trends won’t change that.

The kids can ride their waves while I rock my Golden Panda-White Power Rangers with pride.
IMG_6362.jpeg

I love the XI. Trends won’t change that.

The kids can ride their waves while I rock my Golden Panda-White Power Rangers with pride.
IMG_6362.jpeg
Will get a white power ranger tee to go with these now. The white/green ranger = goat ranger (RIP).

I think all anybody is saying here is that 11s ain’t a silhouette anybody under 30 gon break their necks to get anymore. Lucky for Nike there are enough people over 30 who still love 11s so they not gonna sit

But the days of 11s all ages pandemonium on release day are over. No more stampeding at the mall. No more people chasing you into the parking lot tryna offer you $500 for your pair. No more people having to be worried about getting jumped for theirs. THATS what prime 11 hype was

That type of behavior is reserved for other shoes/models these days. Every style has its time.

Where did you get this from?

Not sure where you live, but I see under 30 people buying and wearing 11's.

that’s the only thing I was hinged on

kids not caring is simply not true

it’s not whether I want them to care or not

when they drop they’ll want em cause these will be on their friends feet

y’all are trying to turn a aj11 into a new balance or some sort of old man’s shoe (monarch)

it’s just not true

not with those levels of production numbers

the reality is if anybody should be passing on this release it should be the people in this thread

damn near everybody in this thread has had concords multiple times and most prolly still have pairs
These were made for people like me. Never had a pair of concords, but I've had a couple pair of 11s. The barons and the le joints back in 2003 ... the white and cement color.

Never wanted a pair of concords. But recently I wouldn't mind having a pair. So I extend my "gratitude" to #nike... 😂

Any colorway of any model is only as big as what todays hype makes it. Original colors dont mean **** if it does not get traction through social media. Because, lets face it, thats what controls too many minds, thoughts, and opinions. The 11s best days are behind them. Still, around the holiday they will sell. Simply because they are 11s. They will still be obtainable though. At some point, Nike will realize the 11 is not what it once was and will start limiting stock on future releases. Then the cycle repeats itself.

Crazy to see some of y’all in denial about 11’s not being hot to the general youth anymore. They aren’t. I don’t see any youngsters wearing and checking for 11’s like we did coming up. Of course you can point out a few exceptions here and there (some kids dad bought him some 11s he didn’t necessarily ask for) just like with anything but for the most part they aren’t “that shoe” like they were to us millennials and previous generations. Gen Z has no connection to them like we did so they mostly don’t care. Personally I’m fine with it. More pairs for us. No need to deny the obvious though. 11s have been breeze to obtain for years now.

Any Jordan thats not a 1, 4, or a collab is a not getting checked for by the kids. It's great for me, doesn't mean JB isn't selling shoes or not impactful. The kids just aren't checking for them like they are other shoes.

They don't care about Mike they never saw him play, they just want what is being worn by their favorite influencers and musicians.

I think some of you are speaking for yourselves and "sneakerheads" resellers and hypebeast.

The streets still buy 11's. That's who Nike is making the 500,000 for every year.

Some of you need to go outside.

Some forget the holiday 11s are the most mass-produced Retro of the year. They continue to stand on this annual holiday spot as proven strategy. Nike touts them annually during their Q4 call as their biggest net release. Ample supply here is not a sign of declining demand.

boys in here really traumatized

the shoe being easy to get doesn’t equal lack of interest

they end the year with their strongest release and have been doing so for a decade plus

Back
Top Bottom