AIR JORDAN 11 “GRATITUDE” / THANK YOU - 12/09/2023

What's crazy is the patent leather in my 2018 Concords which I put a good amount of miles over the years has barely any creases in em and with these I walked in em for 2 hours and they legit look like I wore em for years. I was planning on wearing my Concords more often too considering I have the Gratitudes but I can't see the patent holding up well over the years for these.

i dont get it, my pair just touched down, LN4 but they are really nice. I see what yall talking about on the creasing sensitivity of the PL, but all shoes will crease.... when i see ppl wear concord XIs i always think "oh nice, XI's"

Do you guys actually judge others by how creased their shoes are?
point is, is it normal creasing? I have Jordan XI pairs that creased over time when I used them but not as bad from what I've seen from these pics. for the premium that JB is selling them, it is disappointing. like others have mentioned, they go 1 step forward and 2 step backwards with these retro releases. I appreciate they improved on the step-in comfort and insole/footbed materials they used, but come on, significantly using a bad type of leather that affects the aesthetics of the shoe is just insulting.

Yep don’t double as all these have creasing pl as for me I like these and don’t worry about it, I just wear and go out. I know it’s gonna get worse but ehh whatever

IMG_0132.jpeg

I never doubled up on my white XIs for creasing. It was normally for soy sauce and blood situations. RIP 2016 Cement IVs when I dropped a plate of sushi on them.

I'm curious is the womens Neapolitan patent leather quality the same as the Gratitudes? I'm assuming it is since they both released around the same time.

I'm curious is the womens Neapolitan patent leather quality the same as the Gratitudes? I'm assuming it is since they both released around the same time.
No. I've watched several reviews of guys wearing them and not one has mentioned it. And on this Gratitude video a comment from a store worker said the Neapolitan had thicker patent. I don't know why these got the shine shaft! :emoji_frowning:

Anyone try these with sneaker shields to prevent creasing lol.? Or would shields be ineffective on patent leather? Never tried them on 11s before because all we know in the past, the patent leather was thicker and creasing was more acceptable imo and more confined to the medial side.

Anyone try these with sneaker shields to prevent creasing lol.? Or would shields be ineffective on patent leather? Never tried them on 11s before because all we know in the past, the patent leather was thicker and creasing was more acceptable imo and more confined to the medial side.
I wear shields on most of my J’s, and they do a fine job of preventing/reducing creases. You definitely sacrifice comfort though.

And the YouTube video did posted also said it was his right shoe that was the worst... And go figure as is mine.

Back
Top Bottom