Air Jordan 11 Low IE OG black red

They prolly thought it had Jumpman on the bottom like the kid version

No, we'll maybe... the guys at the local video store were the first to want a look. They each had on they're concords, breds, and Columbia's it seemed like every shift they were working so they were comparing them I think. I know the carbon fiber plate was something they were all looking at they just called it the checker board though. Guess they were wondering if the "checker board" colors were different?.? Don't know, but the memory is there forever, I was honestly probably just too young to even realize what they were looking for.

Edit: Now just need a TRUE OG 2 and white/Cement 3. Then I'll probably just be buying the new models from there on out.

It is an absolute crime the College Blue 17s have not been retro’d!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still have the OG blue/white colorway and Carolina blue lows 17s. Girlfriend at the time (wife now) bought tickets to a Wizards/Detroit game. We were a few rows behind the bench, she saved up for months to buy those tickets as a Christmas gift.

Last edited:
I've been thinking about this again tonight. I really couldn't be more pumped up about these. The 2018 Concords are probably the only other release that has excited me more than this in the past 15, maybe 20 years. Can't believe we have to wait so long; as someone else mentioned, this was designed as the summer version of the 11. But I was only half-joking when I said, knowing these are coming next fall will give me SERIOUS pause on going in for a ton of other stuff in 2021. I've already lately been trying to unload a lot of shoes filling up my closet and really trying to wear the rest of them. This motivates me even more to continue on that path.

I've been thinking about this again tonight. I really couldn't be more pumped up about these. The 2018 Concords are probably the only other release that has excited me more than this in the past 15, maybe 20 years. Can't believe we have to wait so long; as someone else mentioned, this was designed as the summer version of the 11. But I was only half-joking when I said, knowing these are coming next fall will give me SERIOUS pause on going in for a ton of other stuff in 2021. I've already lately been trying to unload a lot of shoes filling up my closet and really trying to wear the rest of them. This motivates me even more to continue on that path.
Don’t get too pumped, JB and Gentry just might find a way to jack these up. Never forget the Raid’s and others they changed for the worse.

Last edited:
Layin low until release date.
5CE9F131-F53E-44AF-98DB-7BD7AD536BC9.gif

I am hemorrhaging money with all these nostalgic buys in 2020/2021. Nike and JB really coming after our generation.

This drop will end up saving me money in the long run...

I was planning on sourcing a pair of OG’s and sole swapping them with the midsole / outsole of the Cements that dropped earlier this year...Wouldn’t have been exact but they would’ve been wearable OG’s...Now I’ll just stack the cash I was going to use for this and hopefully grab multiples of the retro’s...IF they don’t mess them up that is..,

Don’t get too pumped, JB and Gentry just might find a way to jack these up. Never forget the Raid’s and others they changed for the worse.
Yeah. Well, the whole reason we're pumped is because they are allegedly the same as the OGs. So if they start making changes, they will no longer be that and will instead be the third or fourth retro of an OG "inspired" colorway that I will have no interest in.

Yeah. Well, the whole reason we're pumped is because they are allegedly the same as the OGs. So if they start making changes, they will no longer be that and will instead be the third or fourth retro of an OG "inspired" colorway that I will have no interest in.
I hope for your sake they do them right. I just know these fools too well. I will be passing.

This drop will end up saving me money in the long run...

I was planning on sourcing a pair of OG’s and sole swapping them with the midsole / outsole of the Cements that dropped earlier this year...Wouldn’t have been exact but they would’ve been wearable OG’s...Now I’ll just stack the cash I was going to use for this and hopefully grab multiples of the retro’s...IF they don’t mess them up that is..,
My og pair is still wearable.

Back
Top Bottom