Air Jordan 11 Low IE OG black red

Might as well get my long *** story post in here now...

I generally only got two pairs of sneakers a year (Back to school and Christmas) when I was growing up...April that year the Black / Red 11’s dropped and I wanted them more than anything, begged and pleaded with my parents to get them for me and they finally agreed under the condition that I save them for back to school that fall...Headed off to the Footlocker I made all my buys at and -SOLD OUT-...Tried a a couple Sports Authority stores in tand no luck there either...Getting those was a wash...Still had my Concords that I’d gotten for Christmas in ‘95 but the black red Jordan’s were always next level...Bummed me out for sure...

Fast forward about a month and I saw MJ lace these up during game 1 of the Knicks series...Had no idea what they hell they were but knew Mike was wearing what looked like a low top...My mom must’ve known I was enamored with them because she literally spent that next week calling every sneaker store in Vegas asking about the “low top Jordan’s” without me knowing...Amazingly the Just for Feet at the Forum Shops (Old time Vegas heads know what’s good) had gotten a big delivery in and their stock for these was in it...

That Friday after school I got home and there they were sitting on my bed with a fresh pack of black socks...Opened the box and damn if it wasn’t a pair of low top Air Jordan’s...Parents even told me I could wear them the following Monday for school, but needed to put them away after to have them for the next school year...Yeah so long story long I rocked these things all through that summer 😂...Ended up finessing a pair of the White Air More Uptempo’s for back to school that fall but that’s another story...

When I saw Mike wear these I knew I needed them...When I saw this guy rocking them that fall, I knew I made the right choice :nthat:...

451BD0F8-19B4-463F-ABCE-AB68E541BB1F.jpeg

I still have the VHS tape when I recorded this. Had to have that shoe. Was so proud to have these seeing I never had the patents originally. This game is nostalgia like crazy. Sophomore year shoe here. This pair lessened the sting of never getting a Cord or a Playoff XI at that time. I have an original DS in a display case, but this release will be worn from the get go.

I'm a big fan of the IE for some reason. I know a lot of people dislike the style but I enjoy them. I say this and I've only owned two pair in my lifetime lol. Good luck to anyone trying. And for those who don't like them to clown me too hard if you see me with them on lol.

As we know the IEs don’t get enough love. Rank your IEs best to least here’s mine sugar;
1) Bred
2) Cobalt
3) Zest
4) Cool Grey
5) Argon Blue
6) Space Jam
7) Cement
8 Flash Crimson
9) Rio Teal
10) White Argon
11) Volt
12) Azure/Terrell Owens