Air Jordan 11 Low IE OG black red

DTLR got the weirdest release protocol ever

Last edited:
These are dropping at JD sports here in Oz tomorrow at 2 local locations. Hoping I can grab a pair. I'd say like 90% of Aussies have no clue the history behind these but every doosh here buys every release so they can make $20. Hoping it's an easy scoop and score.

my right shoe was squeaking had to go and exchange. i could'nt take the squeaking . squeak was from the air sole unit inside the shoe under the insole under heal.

Last edited:
That squeaking is one of the things i hate the most about 11's especially the IE's. For some reason the squeaking is the worst when you're walking on hard indoor flooring.
my right shoe was squeaking had to go and exchange. i could'nt take the squeaking . squeak was from the air sole unit inside the shoe under the insole under heal.
Baby powder works on squeaking. That was a major problem with my 2011 pair.

airdhazzal airdhazzal Baby powder doesn't work when the squeak is inside the midsole. The WD40 method helps a lot when you can spray a little bit inside the two little holes in the strobel. But as I said, now on this release they filled/covered those holes so you can't spray anything into them.
I'm legit a bit distraught now LOL. I have had the squeaking on SO many XIs, mid, low, IEs. I can't live with it once it gets bad. I had thought the WD40 fix was finally a savior moving forward for all my XIs, and now that option is eliminated on this here pair I've waited all this time for. It's really unbelievable. I tried to cheer myself up by thinking, well maybe the change to the design was done to eliminate the issue once and for all, but then Forsy231 Forsy231 ruined that pipe dream :lol:

airdhazzal airdhazzal Baby powder doesn't work when the squeak is inside the midsole. The WD40 method helps a lot when you can spray a little bit inside the two little holes in the strobel. But as I said, now on this release they filled/covered those holes so you can't spray anything into them.
I'm legit a bit distraught now LOL. I have had the squeaking on SO many XIs, mid, low, IEs. I can't live with it once it gets bad. I had thought the WD40 fix was finally a savior moving forward for all my XIs, and now that option is eliminated on this here pair I've waited all this time for. It's really unbelievable. I tried to cheer myself up by thinking, well maybe the change to the design was done to eliminate the issue once and for all, but then Forsy231 Forsy231 ruined that pipe dream :lol:
lol , makes you feel any better the new pair isn't squeaking yet. it might be just a fluke pair. it just started prob third day in before I exchanged. It did feel on the squeaking shoe that the air sole wasn't in the right spot in the midsole , that could be the reason.

What other model would you compare these to as far as size goes?

I've never worn 11s before.

I go with an 11.5 in 1s, 3s, 5s and 6s...but that was too small for the University Blue 4s I bought.

You should stick with the 11.5. The shoe is the same for me in the those listed in your post.

True to size.

Last edited:
lol , makes you feel any better the new pair isn't squeaking yet. it might be just a fluke pair. it just started prob third day in before I exchanged. It did feel on the squeaking shoe that the air sole wasn't in the right spot in the midsole , that could be the reason.
Sadly, that's how it always goes. One day they're fine, the next day you take a step, get the burping squeaking, and it's there to stay. My navy snake lows made it a few months before it began, but once it appeared, I was ready to chuck them until someone said to take a shot with the WD40. Lo and behold it worked pretty darn well. I was so happy because finally here I had found a solution. You should have seen my face last night when I pulled out the insole on these bad boys and saw what they had done to those strobel holes :lol:
The squeak I was getting right now turned out to just be the insole rubbing. But when the real issue comes along, it's a problem. If it happens (and I'm almost certain it will), I might sacrifice this first pair and take it to a cobbler to see if there's a way to solve the problem, even if it requires cutting up the shoe to figure it out for the future.

Damn bro I finally find a restock in my size to double so I can wear these already & the jerks want me to pay shipping along with a higher tax rate than where I’m at. :angry::smh:

I’ll pass..

Def not a fluke pair fam, they all eventually end up squeaking, sometimes you just luck out and they dont squeak until you wear em a ton. I know the space jam ie's those things started squeaking literally after like one wear for me.

Just saw they are dropping on the snkrs app here in the UK on Thursday. Likely an L incoming but I'll give it a shot for these.

Sadly, that's how it always goes. One day they're fine, the next day you take a step, get the burping squeaking, and it's there to stay. My navy snake lows made it a few months before it began, but once it appeared, I was ready to chuck them until someone said to take a shot with the WD40. Lo and behold it worked pretty darn well. I was so happy because finally here I had found a solution. You should have seen my face last night when I pulled out the insole on these bad boys and saw what they had done to those strobel holes :lol:
The squeak I was getting right now turned out to just be the insole rubbing. But when the real issue comes along, it's a problem. If it happens (and I'm almost certain it will), I might sacrifice this first pair and take it to a cobbler to see if there's a way to solve the problem, even if it requires cutting up the shoe to figure it out for the future.
You wait ALL OF THESE YEARS and now you gotta deal with squeaking? AH, HELL NO!

You wait ALL OF THESE YEARS and now you gotta deal with squeaking? AH, HELL NO!
Dude I know SMFH. Why did they have to change the inside of the shoes to fill in those little air holes or whatever they are, in the strobel? Honestly, my experience of the WD40 trick with my Navy Snakes had made me feel like this was never going to be an issue again with XIs and gave me confidence in buying them. And now I'm like ... :sick::smh::stoneface:
I'm not going to lose this war, though LOL. Once it becomes a problem on pair No. 1, come hell or highwater I am going to figure out a way to address it. All you really need is a way to squirt a little lubricant down inside the sole. If I have to get a cobbler to take a pair apart to figure it out, so damn be it :rofl:

Last edited:
Regular Jordan sizing on these? Bought a pair on my usual Jordan sizing hopefully it doesn't fit big!

Dude I know SMFH. Why did they have to change the inside of the shoes to fill in those little air holes or whatever they are, in the strobel? Honestly, my experience of the WD40 trick with my Navy Snakes had made me feel like this was never going to be an issue again with XIs and gave me confidence in buying them. And now I'm like ... :sick::smh::stoneface:
I'm not going to lose this war, though LOL. Once it becomes a problem on pair No. 1, come hell or highwater I am going to figure out a way to address it. All you really need is a way to squirt a little lubricant down inside the sole. If I have to get a cobbler to take a pair apart to figure it out, so damn be it :rofl:
Can you believe when you FINALLY found a fix then they change it. That’s so freaking unbelievable. It’s almost like they are toying with you. :rofl:

Can you believe when you FINALLY found a fix then they change it. That’s so freaking unbelievable. It’s almost like they are toying with you. :rofl:
I had the same exact thought. I freaking couldn't believe it :rofl:
I even started thinking, maybe I could carefully drill a hole through the plastic they've added LOL

6DA0E281-1292-4B9B-9598-BC0CF3C9EFB7.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom