Air Jordan 11 Low IE OG black red

For all 12 feet! 🙏🏾😁
(Can’t find OGs for Family Pic, though I think I donated them for good Karma on this release!) 🤷🏾‍♂️ …I’m done.

DD67F182-BA13-4C41-87F5-8C2D727C92B9.jpeg
3C0BA6A7-942D-4DA2-8E60-48CF59A224A3.jpeg

P.S. 03’s are last of 3 pairs. RIP to 2 worn very well!
I see I've met my match with the five-round knockout. Well done. :rofl:
the red model the red model Yeah, and I took all the sz 11s LOL

Last edited:
Everytime I see a pic of the 03' pair I understand even less the hate for them. As a retro plus CW I like them. The smoked soles were a legit touch and mean no yellowing.

Now that the OG option is available, I can actually appreciate them as the retro+ CW that they are as opposed to not having the OG option available and this was the consolation prize masquerading as the number 1 option. And it was weird to me bcuz it seemed like no one noticed or was saying anything lol. Like ppl pretended it was the same thing. But now I actually wouldn’t mind another pair of retro+ CW lol. I hated them even though I had 03 and 12. Now I can like them

Everytime I see a pic of the 03' pair I understand even less the hate for them. As a retro plus CW I like them. The smoked soles were a legit touch and mean no yellowing.
It’s not about hate for them. I had four pairs. It was just that they weren’t as dope as the OG. Had they given us these and then those as a retro+, it wouldn’t have been nearly as irritating.

It’s not about hate for them. I had four pairs. It was just that they weren’t as dope as the OG. Had they given us these and then those as a retro+, it wouldn’t have been nearly as irritating.
Yeah I can dig that. I just dont understand anyone who thinks they are hideous. Like I said before, there are many dope non OG cw on Jordan's that I'd take over OG Cw.

Now that the OG option is available, I can actually appreciate them as the retro+ CW that they are as opposed to not having the OG option available and this was the consolation prize masquerading as the number 1 option. And it was weird to me bcuz it seemed like no one noticed or was saying anything lol. Like ppl pretended it was the same thing. But now I actually wouldn’t mind another pair of retro+ CW lol. I hated them even though I had 03 and 12. Now I can like them

Couldn’t have explained this any better myself. Spot on take and my sentiments exactly.

Yeah I can dig that. I just dont understand anyone who thinks they are hideous. Like I said before, there are many dope non OG cw on Jordan's that I'd take over OG Cw.
Couldn’t have explained this any better myself. Spot on take and my sentiments exactly.
Yeah fellas, exactly. I don't really recall loads of people saying the previous pseudo retros with the dark outsole and dark EP sucked on their own. They didn't. For me it was just mega enraging because, like ... why? Why take the seriously sick OG and make those changes before ever releasing the OGs that they were a new version of? And 26 years to do it right? Ridiculous. Felt like a massive troll job for no reason.
Imagine if for the same amount of time they repeatedly released Concord and black/red XIs but changed the outsole color/tint on Concords to dark gray and the patent on the black/reds to have some weird texture to it. Might have been cool on its own, but come on :rofl:
These might not be as popular or as significant as those two XI mids are, but the point remains the same for fans of the OG. From time to time give us the OG we were there for and that MJ wore, and then no one would really care much about whatever other version you want to release.
I could be wrong but this is the ONLY OG MJ-worn Jordan I can think of that has--until now--been retroed repeatedly in loads of colorways EXCEPT the original colorway that started it all with the particular model. Think about that. It's just BIZARRE.

Yeah fellas, exactly. I don't really recall loads of people saying the previous pseudo retros with the dark outsole and dark EP sucked on their own. They didn't. For me it was just mega enraging because, like ... why? Why take the seriously sick OG and make those changes before ever releasing the OGs that they were a new version of? And 26 years to do it right? Ridiculous. Felt like a massive troll job for no reason.
Imagine if for the same amount of time they repeatedly released Concord and black/red XIs but changed the outsole color/tint on Concords to dark gray and the patent on the black/reds to have some weird texture to it. Might have been cool on its own, but come on :rofl:
These might not be as popular or as significant as those two XI mids are, but the point remains the same for fans of the OG. From time to time give us the OG we were there for and that MJ wore, and then no one would really care much about whatever other version you want to release.
I could be wrong but this is the ONLY OG MJ-worn Jordan I can think of that has--until now--been retroed repeatedly in loads of colorways EXCEPT the original colorway that started it all with the particular model. Think about that. It's just BIZARRE.
I totally get that, and yes, it was a very head scratching move by JB. Back then, they didn't do many weird moves like this, but it was weird. I've always loved the non patent XI lows over the patent lows. In fact, I borderline hated the 01 patent lows. Talk about a weird move, we should've gotten the MJ PE in 01 instead of the white red and caro lows.

In fact, I borderline hated the 01 patent lows. Talk about a weird move, we should've gotten the MJ PE in 01 instead of the white red and caro lows.
It’s funny how your taste and/or perspective changes. Back then, I kept looking at the navy snake XI lows on NDC (they sat there a long time) and trying to convince myself to buy them, and I couldn’t. Back then I thought I would look like an a-hole wearing snakeskin Jordans LOL. Now it’s one of my favorite shoes. Today I can’t believe I couldn’t see it then. So … yeah 🤣

Last edited:
It’s funny how your taste and/or perspective changes. Back then, I kept looking at the navy snake XI lows on NDC ( they sat there a long time) and trying to convince myself to buy them, and I couldn’t. Back then I thought I would look like an a-hole wearing snakeskin Jordans LOL. Now it’s one of my favorite shoes. Today I can’t believe I couldn’t see it then. So … yeah 🤣
Oh I loved the snake lows since 01. To me, it was a GENIUS move by JB. I mean, snakeskin on a jordan 11? Freaking genius. However, it took like 10 years for them to catch on. Back in 01, they hit discount and nobody knew what to do with them. Keep in mind, it was a big thing for them to hit disco in 01 when literally every other XI in 00/01 sold out instantly. The lightbone XIs are a perfect example of an amazing non OG CW coming out that I love.

Oh I loved the snake lows since 01. To me, it was a GENIUS move by JB. I mean, snakeskin on a jordan 11? Freaking genius. However, it took like 10 years for them to catch on. Back in 01, they hit discount and nobody knew what to do with them. Keep in mind, it was a big thing for them to hit disco in 01 when literally every other XI in 00/01 sold out instantly. The lightbone XIs are a perfect example of an amazing non OG CW coming out that I love.
Ya, that’s what I meant. No one knew what to make of them because snakeskin sneakers were garish at the time. Hell, as I’ve said on NT many times before: The regular patent leather XIs were garish (at least to me and my friends) to wear casually back in 95-96. It was a simpler time lol. But today they’re almost low-key compared to a lot of ish people wear, shoes and clothing etc. It always cracks me up to think the 40-something white guy me is more confident and comfortable wearing patent- leather or snakeskin sneakers than the 20-year-old me was. But it’s just a different era now.

Little fun story related to the 11s…

My fathers first Air Jordan’s were the black tongue 5s.. He wore them close to 10 years, think he finally retired them around the new millennium. His second pair was the “Hare” 7s. He wore them for a few months and then the side completely blew out of them. He sent them in to Nike, and they sent him back a pair of 9s.. He wore the 9s for almost two years and something happened to them (he can’t remember what the issue was with this pair).

So, after nearly two years of wear he sends his dead 9s back to Nike. They send him back a pair of Concords for replacements. He opens the box, has never yet seen or noticed the 11s yet.. I guess him and my mom spent a LONG time looking at them and trying to figure them out lol. He decided they were too gaudy and didn’t want to wear them, so he just kept em in the box. He said him and my mom were borderline mind-blown at the appearance of them lol, and they thought they were just too much.

And then finally a bit later when the Columbia’s came out, he fell in love with them, sold the Concords to a friend and purchased the Columbia 11s. Then wore those b****s straight into the ground. Columbia’s have big sentimental value for me (along with black tongue 5s) because I can remember him wearing those for years of my childhood. :smokin Mowing the yard in them and everything..

Back
Top Bottom