Air Jordan 11 Low IE OG black red

I can fix that for you in 5 min worth of effort. Take the laces out so you can access as much of the inside of the shoe as possible. Remove the insoles. See the two little dark circles in the strobel, one in the heel and one in the forefoot? Take a can of WD40, line the tip of the straw up to each one of those holes (they aren't actually holes on this pair) and press it flat up against them, and give a short squirt. Just enough so you see a bit of WD40 spread around that same area in the strobel. I also gave a very short squirt to the edges of the forefoot and heel, both sides. Shake your shoe around a bit for 10 seconds, let 'em air out for awhile, and that's that.

I had to do this to my first pair of these IEs after less than two weeks of wear after they released. Haven't made a squeak since. Have had to do this on multiple XIs, it's just something about the way they make the midsoles. It haunted me for years till someone else on here suggested the WD40 and I tried it on a pair of my squeaking Navy Snake XI lows. I was skeptical but I'll be damned if it doesn't work every time. I did have to redo it with a small amount once or twice on my Navys, but still no big deal.

Someone also said to be careful with this because WD40 can break down glue, but I haven't had a problem with that. I think you'd have to really use a lot, and I'm just using a little bit. That said, something like a dry graphite spray lube might work just as well. I just haven't gotten around to picking some up but I plan to try it the next time I bust out some DS XIs and they start squeaking.

Either way, the squeaking on XIs is something that no longer concerns me. It is now a thing of the past LOL
I’m out! Too much effort.

mini restock at MAJOR DC

I tried wearing these to walk around in for a day and I regretted that around 6 hours in.
I love the shoes but they are definitely short trip throw ons. I guess comfortable retros are too much to ask for so I won’t.

EAB2102E-09D8-4213-BE65-B50BB7D50D4D.jpeg

Heat wave out here.

I can fix that for you in 5 min worth of effort. Take the laces out so you can access as much of the inside of the shoe as possible. Remove the insoles. See the two little dark circles in the strobel, one in the heel and one in the forefoot? Take a can of WD40, line the tip of the straw up to each one of those holes (they aren't actually holes on this pair) and press it flat up against them, and give a short squirt. Just enough so you see a bit of WD40 spread around that same area in the strobel. I also gave a very short squirt to the edges of the forefoot and heel, both sides. Shake your shoe around a bit for 10 seconds, let 'em air out for awhile, and that's that.

I had to do this to my first pair of these IEs after less than two weeks of wear after they released. Haven't made a squeak since. Have had to do this on multiple XIs, it's just something about the way they make the midsoles. It haunted me for years till someone else on here suggested the WD40 and I tried it on a pair of my squeaking Navy Snake XI lows. I was skeptical but I'll be damned if it doesn't work every time. I did have to redo it with a small amount once or twice on my Navys, but still no big deal.

Someone also said to be careful with this because WD40 can break down glue, but I haven't had a problem with that. I think you'd have to really use a lot, and I'm just using a little bit. That said, something like a dry graphite spray lube might work just as well. I just haven't gotten around to picking some up but I plan to try it the next time I bust out some DS XIs and they start squeaking.

Either way, the squeaking on XIs is something that no longer concerns me. It is now a thing of the past LOL

Never thought I would ever spray oil into my shoes, but the squeaking was getting to me, and I love this shoe too much to retire them already.

Worked like a charm, and I have a new respect for WD40!

Never thought I would ever spray oil into my shoes, but the squeaking was getting to me, and I love this shoe too much to retire them already.

Worked like a charm, and I have a new respect for WD40!

Ya it totally works. I’m switching to dry graphite lube I got from Home Depot on my next pair, though. I haven’t had any problems with WD40 but I’m aware it can potentially degrade glue. I don’t think I ever use enough of it on my XIs for it to matter, but figure may as well use this alternative. Others have reported it’s just as effective.

Ya it totally works. I’m switching to dry graphite lube I got from Home Depot on my next pair, though. I haven’t had any problems with WD40 but I’m aware it can potentially degrade glue. I don’t think I ever use enough of it on my XIs for it to matter, but figure may as well use this alternative. Others have reported it’s just as effective.
This is the way, petroleum based products can break down rubbers and adhesives. Although if you’re using a tiny amount it probably isn’t an issue tho.

This is the way, petroleum based products can break down rubbers and adhesives. Although if you’re using a tiny amount it probably isn’t an issue tho.

By the time, the WD could possibly break the glues down, I would’ve already worn these into the ground and onto the back-up pair anyway! 🤷🏾‍♂️😁

let me know what you guys think about the videos. I love the Jordan XI in all Original colours.
The IE thing seems most likely to be a label-printing error on the cobalts’ box, where it was meant to be “IE white” in the color code but the “IE” got put on the wrong line and ended up right next to “Air Jordan Low.” Leading to decades of confusion.
Exactly what “IE” stands for, no one seems to know and “IE white” has never, as far as I know, been listed as a color on another Jordan or Nike. But IE was never on the box label for the black/red colorway.

kinda glad my second pair won't sell for 210, I may just keep them as a second pair because I wear these ones all the time, I think they look better than the real Jordan 11s causally, the 11's look better on court of course, but these look better as just shoes to wear, I also have the cement ones I wear them all summer as beaters, they go with anything, 11 ie is underrated

Back
Top Bottom