Air Jordan 11 Retro- Black/Red “Playoff”- 12/14/2019

That shrine is fire and I would love nothing more than to have something similar when I get a house with a man cave etc. I just wear my shoes kind of often if I can so it'd have to be unwearable stuff that got too old.

And we all have a shrine similar to what rainking rainking was saying. If you have a room with a stack of 50 boxes then its an enclosed 'doing too much' shrine.. no? :lol:

*When I first joined NT.. the collectors on here were insane. The stuff they used to post was GOLD and valued like crazy. You could literally see collectors that stare and collectors that wear and everything in between.. anything close to that is welcomed to me because they are kind of forgotten now adays.

*When I first joined NT.. the collectors on here were insane. The stuff they used to post was GOLD and valued like crazy. You could literally see collectors that stare and collectors that wear and everything in between.. anything close to that is welcomed to me because they are kind of forgotten now adays.
The old--and I mean OLD--days of NT were something else. I sometimes wonder what happened to a lot of the guys from back then, if they just decided one day they didn't care about shoes anymore, or if they just got tired of the forum for whatever reason and left. I remember some over the years saying they were done with NT because they didn't like some of the comments, or they didn't like providing information only to have it be questioned by dumbasses. I personally never understood the latter line of thinking, but I can see why it would annoy some people. Ah well. Memories.

The old--and I mean OLD--days of NT were something else. I sometimes wonder what happened to a lot of the guys from back then, if they just decided one day they didn't care about shoes anymore, or if they just got tired of the forum for whatever reason and left. I remember some over the years saying they were done with NT because they didn't like some of the comments, or they didn't like providing information only to have it be questioned by dumbasses. I personally never understood the latter line of thinking, but I can see why it would annoy some people. Ah well. Memories.

Yeah JMAdidas I think is the main guy that comes to mind. I think he used to be some top guy for Champs or something like that. But basically back then, there wasnt much shoe media so leaks like the ones he and some kind of Baby J used to give us were gems and bunch of people would always be like source or your FOS lol.

For the collectors.. I think dudes just got older and collectors became less of a thing over time so they prob felt liek their niche was done. I imagine theyre either somewhere in SM or they went dark and still collect for themselves.

Never understood why they'd leave either way though.. collectors were always the best because their stuff was like looking at an actual archive. Dudes used to be on here posting Millitary Blue IV's wayyy before 2006. Back then the MB IV's were like the grail of grails.

I have always appreciated collection pics and or displays. When I first found NT that was more enjoyable than anything else. It sure humbled me lol. I really only have 15-16 pairs in wear rotation. The rest I display and really enjoy doing it. It fills in downtime gaps of nothing else to do. I move stuff around a lot. Most of all I am grateful that I can and have the space to do so. Its a far cry from my younger days never being able to get the shoes I wanted so much. How it works for me simply is when the next "Closer to OG" pair releases, I take the previous release out of the display and start wearing. My older originals and retros obviously a different story.

rainking rainking , I love the 34 man. But those on display are on borrowed time. If they make a true black red scheme, those will be in display and I will wear the whites. Or, seriously thinking about another pair of those if they dont come with a black red. Also, thank you for your comments of the reasons behind why I am into this.
Appreciated.

Yeah JMAdidas I think is the main guy that comes to mind. I think he used to be some top guy for Champs or something like that. But basically back then, there wasnt much shoe media so leaks like the ones he and some kind of Baby J used to give us were gems and bunch of people would always be like source or your FOS lol.

For the collectors.. I think dudes just got older and collectors became less of a thing over time so they prob felt liek their niche was done. I imagine theyre either somewhere in SM or they went dark and still collect for themselves.

Never understood why they'd leave either way though.. collectors were always the best because their stuff was like looking at an actual archive. Dudes used to be on here posting Millitary Blue IV's wayyy before 2006. Back then the MB IV's were like the grail of grails.
Yea, JMAdidas, Baby J, Retrokid, SnugglesMcDuggle, and several more. Some had nutso collections, some had solid info. It was just different back then, as sneakers still hadn't reached the mainstream apex they are at now. And the retro releases were far more infrequent than today. I mostly liked seeing pics of OGs in nice condition. But the conversations were great back then, too. Not that they aren't nowadays, but again, it's just a bit different.
rainking rainking , I love the 34 man. But those on display are on borrowed time. If they make a true black red scheme, those will be in display and I will wear the whites. Or, seriously thinking about another pair of those if they dont come with a black red. Also, thank you for your comments of the reasons behind why I am into this.
Appreciated.
Respect, brotha. And yeah, I've been wearing my 34s around the house after work and the more I look at them, the more I like them. Which leads me at some point every night to fight the urge to buy another pair for backup. So far I've been able to resist. For one thing, I obviously have way too many shoes and it'll probably take me forever to wear these down enough that I would feel the need to bust out a fresh pair. The other big thing is, as much as I love them now, I don't trust that this white mesh plasticky upper is not going to turn yellow no matter what I do. And if that happens, these will go from looking dope as **** to looking more just like **** :lol:
With 11s coming in December, plus the Kobe V chaos (one of my all-time favorites and a multi-pair buy for me), plus the Chicago 1s and the white/red Vs in the first part of 2020, I'm thinking I really don't need to double on these. But I want to LOL
Y’all remember ijapino ijapino collection?
:emoji_fire:
Yeah, wish he was still around consistently.

I really think a lot of the old NT vets have moved on because of the change in attitude. Too many smart *** "sneakerheads" doing this now cuz its a thing. Within a few months, this thread will go from having the same 10 to 15 people talking in it to 100 overnight with all sorts of flame comments about stuff that may have nothing to do with the shoe itself. Seen it too many times. Some just dont care to deal with that anymore.

I really think a lot of the old NT vets have moved on because of the change in attitude. Too many smart *** "sneakerheads" doing this now cuz its a thing. Within a few months, this thread will go from having the same 10 to 15 people talking in it to 100 overnight with all sorts of flame comments about stuff that may have nothing to do with the shoe itself. Seen it too many times. Some just dont care to deal with that anymore.
For sure. I dunno though, for me it's usually of no consequence. I ignore what needs to be ignored and enjoy the good stuff. There's never anything on here that makes me think, I need to quit NT. Every once in a blue moon when there's a complete jackass, I just put them on ignore and it's like it never happened LOL

For sure. I dunno though, for me it's usually of no consequence. I ignore what needs to be ignored and enjoy the good stuff. There's never anything on here that makes me think, I need to quit NT. Every once in a blue moon when there's a complete jackass, I just put them on ignore and it's like it never happened LOL
Yeah this site has way more positive to it. You have to laugh the dumb**** off.

This was the last subpar release.

I’ve been lucky enough to get every release of these but I went in the last time

224EC318-4E93-443D-AF92-347983E0C46C.jpeg

Probably gonna do the same this year :nerd:

Best 11 hands down IMO

Back
Top Bottom