Air Jordan 11 Retro- Black/Red “Playoff”- 12/14/2019

:pimp:

7C0F4B49-E521-4C7A-B07D-464C964AED87.jpeg
Worth it in quality but...
**** these resellers. **** disgust me just how many pairs sitting on StockX/Ebay right now smh.

I agree with this but some shoes are just worth having right away. Been burnt a lot in the past so I have trust issues with resell. Especially when it comes to the XI. Or I would have done the same thing.
Totally can feel that, trust ill be kicking myself if the 14th is a bust. Funny how this is the shoe that kicked off the shoe game for so many of us and the 2019 model is best weve had to date imo.

A2FF3AC5-C45B-482B-9430-8ED9370FEF79.jpeg

The double up is necessary, too me but iffy, cuz I finally picked up the 2016 flu games/blk-red. I recommend people don’t panic these will be in abundance. I remember last year‘s Concords thread, cats were picking up four and five pair justifying why they needed them, knowing darn well in 6-8 years we gone get the same shoe again.

I recommend people don’t panic these will be in abundance. I remember last year‘s Concords thread, cats were picking up four and five pair justifying why they needed them, knowing darn well in 6-8 years we gone get the same shoe again.
I bought four pairs of concords last year and no justification necessary. Favorite shoe of all time and when they drop again in six years or whatever, I'l buy just as many again :wink:

Just scooped these up for 100....to add to the 11 collection
CF7E62BB-1307-425B-98F6-BC7FC39E429A.jpeg
Speaking of multiples, great pickup. I bought three pairs of them when they dropped and just wore my first pair again today for about the 45th time. Seriously underrated XI, let alone XI low. In my humble opinion, the navy snakes are the GOAT of XI lows, other than the OG black/red IEs. And they did a good job on the retro. No, it isn't the same as the original drop from 2000 or whatever, but the shape is nice, it has a proper slanted toe. That's the most important thing to me on XIs in general. And they are holding up well. If I ran across another pair for $100, I'd probably buy them. Unlike the OG XI mids, which we know are on a constant retro cycle, who knows when we'll ever see these again.

Solid release.

JB can’t seem to get the medial side right though.

I can’t put it into words, but its weird looking compared to the 95-96 OG
Yeah, the shape is still not quite right compared to the originals. I know exactly what you mean. It’s most obvious on the medial side but it’s the whole shoe. The toe shape and size still isn’t right, nor is the geometry of the patent’s cut and lines. It’s all only off by a fraction and you wouldn’t have any idea if you didn’t have OGs or hold them in person.

I think the medial side of these recent 11s looks :emoji_fire: :emoji_fire: :emoji_fire: not that I ever had OG or know what they look like exactly but still....

what about the patent leather height or the thickness?
The pl is thinner on these just like the Concord from last year. As far the height goes its hard for me at all to say its off or too high because originals had different heights as well. I have looked at hundreds of photos of 95 and 96 XIs and some are lower than others. Some look a little higher maybe depending on size of shoe. My playoff original has a lower cut and is a 10.5 where as my Concord is slighly higher for a size 11. My columbia matches the Concord almost perfect. Originals were made in both Taiwan and China so it varied. Last years Cord is higher than the original so I dont surprise me that these are as well.

The pl is thinner on these just like the Concord from last year. As far the height goes its hard for me at all to say its off or too high because originals had different heights as well. I have looked at hundreds of photos of 95 and 96 XIs and some are lower than others. Some look a little higher maybe depending on size of shoe. My playoff original has a lower cut and is a 10.5 where as my Concord is slighly higher for a size 11. My columbia matches the Concord almost perfect. Originals were made in both Taiwan and China so it varied. Last years Cord is higher than the original so I dont surprise me that these are as well.
thank you for the response! appreciate the info!

Back
Top Bottom