Air Jordan 11 Retro- Black/Red “Playoff”- 12/14/2019

02f55_VgWGTTzZE7mKJsJEn9Vu61kV.jpeg.jpg

02e35_A75cVAMLjMvLuJTPJ9ryTPvU.jpeg.jpg

0411d_enWXij7tn2PSXMVLrmjYhEb2.jpeg.jpg

039f3_jtBFuU3jNdGBFncfEcWUtyX9.jpeg.jpg
Sexy!!!

Bred simply shorts black and red.. it’s not a made up name.. so what’s really wrong with it? I’m one of those who HATED it initially, but it just fits to me.
The problem is something that started as a short for a color way turned into something thats served on kitchen tables.

Call em what you want but don’t be mad because the shoe name in the thread title isn’t abbreviated to your liking.

Call em what you want but don’t be mad because the shoe name in the thread title isn’t abbreviated to your liking.
That doesn’t bother me at my G. It’s really not that serious.. im just saying that’s a NT term, feels kinda awkward seeing NT not like it NOW. I was flamed for hating it, now for defending. I’m always on the other side, poor me.

That doesn’t bother me at my G. It’s really not that serious.. im just saying that’s a NT term, feels kinda awkward seeing NT not like it NOW. I was flamed for hating it, now for defending. I’m always on the other side, poor me.

It’s cool. I really never had a huge problem with the term bred because I understand it’s just an abbreviation for black & red. But when the name of the shoe literally becomes “bred” and advertised as such referencing actual bread etc. then that where I gotta draw the line and encourage moves to keep the traditional name of the shoe alive.

It’s cool. I really never had a huge problem with the term bred because I understand it’s just an abbreviation for black & red. But when the name of the shoe literally becomes “bred” and advertised as such referencing actual bread etc. then that where I gotta draw the line and encourage moves to keep the traditional name of the shoe alive.
We in the same boat on this one, probably didn’t seem that way. But we are.

Bred 11's or Playoff 11's; it doesn't matter as long as it has the same features like in 1996(including that screen print 23 spacing and white and black carbon fiber and white lining on the patent leather, and of course, the true red). Oh, and the Nike Air branding too!

The problem is something that started as a short for a color way turned into something thats served on kitchen tables.

This whole “bred” thing is toast.....

None of it matters at the end of the day. Totally agree. My only thing about it is, what started out as internet shorthand is now being embraced by the brand itself. And it leads to lazy marketing/promotion like that IG clip they produced for the IVs.
Why do I care? I mean, I guess I really don't. I just want a good rendition of the shoe back in my hands. BUT it makes it more fun and nostalgic if we could get some retro marketing and videos and IG clips etc etc ... that were related to the OG shoes, time, and release. Watching some damn Nike-produced clip of shoes comparing them to bread and cookies because of a damn internet nickname is lame as ****. It almost makes the shoe feel comical. Not really in the big picture, but come on. If you are going to feed me imagery, feed me imagery of the bad *** things MJ did in them, not cookies and nonsense.
But yeah, I guess, who cares. I can rewatch all the OG commercials and game clips on YouTube, wherever, on my own. But it would be better to have it tied to the retro drops by Nike itself. They really drop the ball on this stuff. But since they all sell out, they don't care. But it's a missed opportunity over and over again in my professional opinion.

Hit the mute button, just a warning. These match the pic we saw a few days back. Which is great because these are clearly fake as hell but reassuring the hope for the white liner and brighter red. These match the early Concords with the "orange texture"on the pl.

Mods if I did anything wrong here, my apologies.

Hit the mute button, just a warning. These match the pic we saw a few days back. Which is great because these are clearly fake as hell but reassuring the hope for the white liner and brighter red. These match the early Concords with the "orange texture"on the pl.

These hard fufu but his videos are funny

I don't see any white liner and the red looks to be the same. All that is different is the patent cut and the jumpman direction.

The title of that video :lol:. The obvious answer is fake as hell. Why ask questions you know the answer to?

I don't see any white liner and the red looks to be the same. All that is different is the patent cut and the jumpman direction.
Exactly. There is no white edging on that shoe. The red looks real dull to me anyway. My point is this guys shoes are usually way to early. In knowing that, there is still a good chance the details most want will be on retails.

Back
Top Bottom