Air Jordan 11 Retro- Black/Red “Playoff”- 12/14/2019

I copped these 2019 Playoff 11’s through Finishline from a raffle win and this is what I saw when I got home and opened the box. I’ve never seen this before and have never seen another issue like it. There was a white haze of some kind all over the patent leather. Every other area of the shoe(s) we’re perfect except the PL. I have no idea what could have caused this. You can see a couple small spots where I was able to rub some of it off with my finger. Anyone ever seen this before ?
you just now looking? Or just now saying anything? I would’ve taken those back immediately.

you just now looking? Or just now saying anything? I would’ve taken those back immediately.
No I noticed as soon as I got home and opened the box but was able to lightly rub some of it it off with my finger when I first noticed so I figured I would be able to take care of it which I was. It just struck me as odd that something like that would pass QC considering it was pretty hard to not notice and was all over the patent leather. I also wanted to see if anyone else had this issue.

Damn...I guess it comes in handy to really check your pair before leaving the store....however I will say I seen something similar like that but just not all over the entire PL like yours. I seen pairs with maybe a very few small spots of that white haze. Hopefully you can try to rub most of it off....
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I was luckily able to clean it off and they came out pretty decent after I did.

Attachments

• 555A2701-413E-407C-8CF8-70796A15DBEC.jpeg
    555A2701-413E-407C-8CF8-70796A15DBEC.jpeg
    392.5 KB · Views: 83
  • BDEE6FD8-4591-4D55-9F1E-C958C4BA9292.jpeg
    BDEE6FD8-4591-4D55-9F1E-C958C4BA9292.jpeg
    264.3 KB · Views: 297
  • 2DDFD089-665A-4147-9825-FF123D83A913.jpeg
    2DDFD089-665A-4147-9825-FF123D83A913.jpeg
    308.2 KB · Views: 294
:sick:
Damn. I have never seen that before. Another NTer asked about a haze on theirs way earlier in the thread but I don't think we ever got pics to see what up.
Oh really ? I’ll have to take a look back through to see that post. Thanks for the reply. I was luckily able to clean it off with a chamois and sneaker cleaner. Needless to say I’ll definitely be checking any pair I buy before I leave the store from now on

Oh really ? I’ll have to take a look back through to see that post. Thanks for the reply. I was luckily able to clean it off with a chamois and sneaker cleaner. Needless to say I’ll definitely be checking any pair I buy before I leave the store from now on
I think he may be talking about me. Maybe.

Dang, got me a little worried now. I’ve only looked at 1 of my 5 pairs so far. That one was decent, just a few of those annoying nips.

I copped these 2019 Playoff 11’s through Finishline from a raffle win and this is what I saw when I got home and opened the box. I’ve never seen this before and have never seen another issue like it. There was a white haze of some kind all over the patent leather. Every other area of the shoe(s) we’re perfect except the PL. I have no idea what could have caused this. You can see a couple small spots where I was able to rub some of it off with my finger. Anyone ever seen this before ?

Looks like unpolished wax! Missed the last step in production prior to shipping!

Looks like unpolished wax! Missed the last step in production prior to shipping!
This is what I was thinking.. seems like it cleaned up nice and shiny probably something they use in the final process of assembly to clean off dirt, finger prints and shine the patent leather from the makers and just didn't get fully done and was put in the box.

The side painted panels are slightly cut lower than they should be along with the purple inside not matching the purple on the midsole. I know the purple on the 93s were not spot on perfect but they were closer in shade. The 2015 has a noticeable difference between the two colors.

My biggest gripe with the 2015's, is that the pull tab is sewn onto the neoprene sock liner. This is weird because it's not attached on the Chrome 8's, and those released like 4 weeks later. I know it's a minor detail, but it irks the **** out of me. Other than that, the 2015 Aqua's are a beautiful retro and I doubled with NO regrets. Hell, I might grab another pair in the future. Super slept OG style retro.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My biggest gripe with the 2015's, is that the pull tab is sewn onto the neoprene sock liner. This is weird because it's not attached on the Chrome 8's, and those released like 4 weeks later. I know it's a minor detail, but it irks the **** out of me. Other than that, the 2015 Aqua's are a beautiful retro and I doubled with NO regrets. Hell, I might grab another pair in the future. Super slept OG style retro.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I get you but that detail was on the 1993 release.

It’s funny you say that because that’s exactly what I was thinking when I saw it and was racking my brain on what that could possibly be. What’s even weirder is on the left shoe there was one entire section that was completely polished and the rest weren’t. I’m still dumbfounded on how these got past QC.

Attachments

• FE41C774-EBEC-4BD7-875D-9FC4B998FF6E.jpeg
    FE41C774-EBEC-4BD7-875D-9FC4B998FF6E.jpeg
    285.6 KB · Views: 88
  • 8ABE8D67-A28A-440F-80A9-D46C7991CABE.jpeg
    8ABE8D67-A28A-440F-80A9-D46C7991CABE.jpeg
    312.5 KB · Views: 264
  • 510E9809-7FA8-40E3-AE3C-43E4781BE24F.jpeg
    510E9809-7FA8-40E3-AE3C-43E4781BE24F.jpeg
    250 KB · Views: 333
It’s funny you say that because that’s exactly what I was thinking when I saw it and was racking my brain on what that could possibly be. What’s even weirder is on the left shoe there was one entire section that was completely polished and the rest weren’t. I’m still dumbfounded on how these got past QC.
If it's wax & it cut off sharp like that on sections of the shoe then im guessing the buffer is probably automated. Might of had a malfuction. Would make sense since hand buffing would require a human handling a rag which could lead to scratchs from debris. Who know tho. Another jb mystery.

FYI-for haze, water spots, or general polishing of the patent leather,- Use a soft cloth and vaseline. Trust me..."Imma a shoe connoisseur "

If it's wax & it cut off sharp like that on sections of the shoe then im guessing the buffer is probably automated. Might of had a malfuction. Would make sense since hand buffing would require a human handling a rag which could lead to scratchs from debris. Who know tho. Another jb mystery.
To me this is very interesting. So in theory they polish the pl before sending them out. Only this pair did not go through the entire process. If it was cut off in sections like the pics show, that would def make sense. Just another reason I would love to see the manufacturing process of a Jordan or Nike from start to finish.

Back
Top Bottom