Air Jordan 11 Retro- Black/Red “Playoff”- 12/14/2019

All my 11’s get this treatment Ha! Getcho yo minds out the gutter and shine these levums :lol:
A2CF04B0-6606-4B63-BB02-6E22E46321C3.png

Dudes putting lube on their 11’s

this thread has run its course

I’m out
:lol:
But it’s not actually crazy or OD. It’s a mineral oil product and a recognized way of caring for any patent leather shoe or other product made with PL. There are also dedicated PL care products you can buy. A petroleum jelly like Vaseline is just a cheaper way of doing it.

I copped these 2019 Playoff 11’s through Finishline from a raffle win and this is what I saw when I got home and opened the box. I’ve never seen this before and have never seen another issue like it. There was a white haze of some kind all over the patent leather. Every other area of the shoe(s) we’re perfect except the PL. I have no idea what could have caused this. You can see a couple small spots where I was able to rub some of it off with my finger. Anyone ever seen this before ?
You(or store employee) didn’t open the box in the store to see what you were purchasing!?

It’s funny you say that because that’s exactly what I was thinking when I saw it and was racking my brain on what that could possibly be. What’s even weirder is on the left shoe there was one entire section that was completely polished and the rest weren’t. I’m still dumbfounded on how these got past QC.
I don't think every single pair that comes off the line is inspected. **** happens in warehouses and factories. Could be as simple as a pallet falling and something getting misplaced or added in error. Being that it came right off what's the big deal?

I personally think it's OD, but to each their own. I've never had to resort to doing that to my XIs in damn near 20 years of owning pairs of them and I never had any PL issues. It's always been wipe with a damp rag, breathe, and wipe. Done. Lol. I will say the PL has been subpar in the last 10 years though.

You(or store employee) didn’t open the box in the store to see what you were purchasing!?
No neither one of us did. I’ve actually never done that before and have never had an issue but from here on out I’ll definitely be checking before I leave the store.

I don't think every single pair that comes off the line is inspected. **** happens in warehouses and factories. Could be as simple as a pallet falling and something getting misplaced or added in error. Being that it came right off what's the big deal?
It’s not a big deal as I was able to remove it. I’m just surprised these made it to retail looking like that. If it was done in complete error like you mentioned then it’s more understandable. If they don’t inspect every pair then again, totally understandable. If they do or did and these still got through that’s not good considering these sell out fairly quickly and can’t be exchanged. If it was an item that could easily be exchanged or refunded and repurchased for retail no problem but having this happen on an item that sells out quickly and having no other option but to pay resell sucks.

I just noticed today that my right shoe has the sole misaligned. It is glued on crooked and it is noticeable at the end of the toe box. The red rubber piece is off to one side by about a centimeter. It's hard to see but I can feel it the toe box when I walk and it looks off by sight as well. I know people will think it is a minor flaw but it actually feels weird with every step and I can't stand it. I'm on the look out for another size 8 of these but the resell prices are so high. I will check with Nike to see what they say too but I don't think they will do anything except give me a 20% off coupon. Hoping for a huge restock sometime.

I actually just the other day ordered some dedicated PL conditioner from Amazon. Going to put it on the pairs of Concords sitting DS in my closet. Treating this stuff once or twice a year is a good and cheap idea to keep them from cracking, especially if you have a stock of them for down the road. I learned that lesson once already.
What the name of the conditioner

My SJ's have been looking mad foggy lately. Smacking them things with some Vaseline like my grandmother used to do my forehead when I get home.

for my concords, what's a good way to clean the mesh? someone said carpet cleaner, so resolve? i don't want it turning yellow either after i clean it....

UNDS'd these today. Definitely feel really nice TTS. As others have noted, the SJs fit really roomy in the toebox and as a result push them down on my list of wanting to reach for them on a given day. These will get a lot of wear! Concords still on ice...not b/c I don't want to wear them, just a mental aversion to the outsole and white mesh looking too perfect...they'll get worn soon. Interested in hearing the answer to the question above about cleaning them. Look awesome, but SJ and Playoff are way more wearable, with the Playoff being the most given the red outsole.

for my concords, what's a good way to clean the mesh? someone said carpet cleaner, so resolve? i don't want it turning yellow either after i clean it....
I personally would try Jason Markk cleaner only because it’s something like 98% natural and seems to work extremely well on all the shoes I’ve cleaned with it. So I can’t imagine it would yellow it I’ve never had to clean the mesh on my 11’s so I can’t say how well it’d work on that particular material but as far as risk and it turning it a different color I’d say that’s a safe bet.

I just noticed today that my right shoe has the sole misaligned. It is glued on crooked and it is noticeable at the end of the toe box. The red rubber piece is off to one side by about a centimeter. It's hard to see but I can feel it the toe box when I walk and it looks off by sight as well. I know people will think it is a minor flaw but it actually feels weird with every step and I can't stand it. I'm on the look out for another size 8 of these but the resell prices are so high. I will check with Nike to see what they say too but I don't think they will do anything except give me a 20% off coupon. Hoping for a huge restock sometime.

Oh man I can’t stand when the sole is glued crooked
If it’s off just a little bit on back it’s not that bad
But that misaligned crooked toecap where the red is off to the right or left...F that
Good luck on finding a new pair

Back
Top Bottom