Air Jordan 11 Retro- Black/Red “Playoff”- 12/14/2019

Used the Space Jams for this rocket ship.
100E77EB-D543-4029-83F0-692F8BF6B8D0.jpg

Never thought I would see the day when the 16 space jams would be getting buried on here. Does everyone remember the absolute dog crap that came out from 2008 to 2015? I can see how the concords and playoffs would be preferred and ranked higher but come on now, overall the 16 space jam is a solid retro.
:lol: I don’t see them getting buried, just some honest points about them. Like you said, when they dropped they were much better than the previous ****. They just pale next to concords and black/reds, that’s all. No way around it. Doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy them. But when I put mine on, I can’t not think of how they should’ve and could’ve been better. But oh well.

Had the 16 SJs. I returned them because of the dreaded pinky toe rubbing. Didnt even notice the lack of padding. I had the og XIs and the 01 retros. There was already a huge difference in the ankle padding between those. I just assume all retros have less padding than the og models.

Had the 16 SJs. I returned them because of the dreaded pinky toe rubbing. Didnt even notice the lack of padding. I had the og XIs and the 01 retros. There was already a huge difference in the ankle padding between those. I just assume all retros have less padding than the og models.
Not ankle padding, the padding inside the cordura upper. The entire upper was a hollow shell on 11 retros for years, including 2016 SJs. They put back the OG-style upper padding beginning with the 2018 11 retros.

Last edited:
Not ankle padding, the padding inside the cordura upper. They entire upper was a hollow shell on 11 retros for years, including 2016 SJs. They put back the OG-style upper padding beginning with the 2018 11 retros.

Man I’ll never forget when I tried them on at the house that day I was like :wow: . This is different! :lol:

I hope they retro the playoff/MJ PE/space Jam in a similar build Sooner rather than later.

Your pinky toe rubbed because your size you ordered was too small.

(More than likely) :wink:

Man I’ll never forget when I tried them on at the house that day I was like :wow: . This is different! :lol:

I hope they retro the playoff/MJ PE/space Jam in a similar build Sooner rather than later.
Sadly I'll probably be 50 by the time that happens. Or almost LOL. It's only been three years and change since those SJs dropped. Based on history, we have at least four years to go, minimum.

Naw, sadly we won’t see space jams for a while. Way longer than we expect. Nike good at that. Regretfully sold mine, but oh well.

Fellow wide footer checking in. Surprised you had that problem, I found these super wide compared to prior xis and to concords and playoffs .

Fellow wide footer checking in. Surprised you had that problem, I found these super wide compared to prior xis and to concords and playoffs .

I played in the OGs and 01s. Never had a pinky toe issue. I played in the SJ16s and my pinky toe was on fire. Returned the next day. I haven't worn the lastest pair yet.

I've got a wide foot too.

I went true to size on my bred 11 lows and they hurt my feet after wearing for a long period of time.

Anyone know how the 2019 breds fit compared to the bred 11 lows?

I've got a wide foot too.

I went true to size on my bred 11 lows and they hurt my feet after wearing for a long period of time.

Anyone know how the 2019 breds fit compared to the bred 11 lows?
Much different. More room in toe box. I had those lows and the right shoe in particular hurt my pinky toe a bit, or was at least uncomfortable for quite some time until they broke in a bit. No such issues with these new 11 retros, mids or lows.

I've got a wide foot aswell. Just about every pair of shoes I wear hurts my feet at first. I always rock em with the laces loose and when they break in I tighten the laces back up.

Back
Top Bottom