Air Jordan 11 Retro- Black/Red “Playoff”- 12/14/2019

OGs know the best way to rock these proper is with NBA crew socks. Wanted to break em out for the first time on a gym sess but considering tomorrows not promised a store run will do. Still cant get enough of looking at em.
20200407_164615.jpg

20200407_164207.jpg

20200407_163422.jpg

20200407_163549.jpg

Last edited:
I could be late, but is it true you can make the soles on these more brighter like the OG’s? Like, is it an actual tutorial on how to do it?

damn for a second i thought you sold the space jams for the aston, i'm like, who would pay that much for a pair?! beautiful ride!!!

speaking of driving shoes, i bet you also own a pair of piloti's?
Ha, I could see how it could've read that way. Thanks, dude.

Nope, no Pilotis for me...yet.

I could be late, but is it true you can make the soles on these more brighter like the OG’s? Like, is it an actual tutorial on how to do it?
This is a part of the beauty that makes up the Bred 11s. On one hand these shoes naturally look best with wear and time which on a untreated clear sole leads to yellowing and on red adds to the general vibrance of the red.
Out the box 2020 fresh however the materials on the shoe overall are really dry and atleast for the soles if going for more pop like in the photos its best to hit them with a little automobile trim revival such as Meguiars Ultimate Black or Trinovas UV Protectant, either of the two i personally use and both work well. Get a microfiber lightly spritz a corner and apply thin layers just to the sides.
edit:
treating the upper materials provide a stronger contrast as well.

This is a part of the beauty that makes up the Bred 11s. On one hand these shoes naturally look best with wear and time which on a untreated clear sole leads to yellowing and on red adds to the general vibrance of the red.
Out the box 2020 fresh however the materials on the shoe overall are really dry and atleast for the soles if going for more pop like in the photos its best to hit them with a little automobile trim revival such as Meguiars Ultimate Black or Trinovas UV Protectant, either of the two i personally use and both work well. Get a microfiber lightly spritz a corner and apply thin layers just to the sides.
edit:
treating the upper materials provide a stronger contrast as well.
I appreciate that, thanks

Ha, I could see how it could've read that way. Thanks, dude.

Nope, no Pilotis for me...yet.
As a fellow shoe and bball freak and also as someone who's spent a lot of time for 20 years driving the world's best cars, many on racetracks flat-out at speed, and working in racing and automotive media for a living ... don't buy Pilotis. It's like showing up in your Ferrari decked out in Ferrari gear. Trust me :lol:

As a fellow shoe and bball freak and also as someone who's spent a lot of time for 20 years driving the world's best cars, many on racetracks flat-out at speed, and working in racing and automotive media for a living ... don't buy Pilotis. It's like showing up in your Ferrari decked out in Ferrari gear. Trust me :lol:

:lol: I can dig that advice. I had no actual plans to get a pair, but just like any other brand of shoe, I look around and consider whether they fit the purpose. So far everything I have already has sufficed.

I still haven't worn mine since I got them 4 months ago.

I plan to wear them strictly with Bulls/Jordan stuff like these Mitchell & Ness pieces along with these New Era fitted Bulls hats. I'm really glad I have both the home white and road red Bulls 1996 NBA Finals version jerseys since they correlate right with the black/red XI that Jordan wore that entire championship series.
IMG_4139.JPG
IMG_4140.JPG
IMG_4141.JPG
IMG_4142.JPG
IMG_4143.JPG
IMG_4147.JPG
IMG_4148.JPG
IMG_4155.JPG

i havent worn mine yet either!

There's nothing wrong with that.

Why wear them immediately, i.e. on release day simultaneously with a multitude of other people who have them just to show they have them? You really don't want to have them on along with 10 other people in the same mall or wherever you're at.

I like being weird by wearing hot releases over a year after I get them. I have a fresh pair that way while everyone else wore theirs down wearing them constantly with everything they can match in their wardrobe. I also keep them fresher by specifically wearing them with a correlating jersey or apparel so they're really worn seldomly by me that way.

Why wear them immediately, i.e. on release day simultaneously with a multitude of other people who have them just to show they have them? You really don't want to have them on along with 10 other people in the same mall or wherever you're at.

I like being weird by wearing hot releases over a year after I get them. I have a fresh pair that way while everyone else wore theirs down wearing them constantly with everything they can match in their wardrobe. I also keep them fresher by specifically wearing them with a correlating jersey or apparel so they're really worn seldomly by me that way.
im the same way...i usually sit on them then wear them for a month after having them for a while...

shoes i like less i wear in the summer bc im out and about more and they get beat up...after im done with the month rotation i clean them up and put them back in the box...

these are a really nice shoe/colorway

I wore mine the day after I got them :lol: I waited a year and wore previous version only to find out they fit and felt bad :frown: These will most likely sit a while now since I dont really wear 11s like that anymore. SJ and Concord got that initial test wear and haven't left the box since.

I usually wear dress shoes every day that I work, haven't worked in a month so....

Always the flyest person grocery or weed shopping tho. :smile:

You're a fool for that one! :lol:

I normally wear the hot shoes to correlate with specific attire whenever I seldomly go to malls and/or have dinner in a Red Robin or any other type of hamburger restaurant, particularly Islands.

I'm the opposite with shoes I wear to the market. I keep it simple and normally some Vapormax Flyknit 3 I got recently whenever I ride my bike to my daily market runs down the corner from my residency. I also plan to wear them when I ride my bike and take public transportation to my new job in security at Dodger Stadium whenever the MLB season commences. I can have comfortable shoes on before I change into my uniform work clothes and change back into them in the employees locker room after my workday is done at the ballpark.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom