Air Jordan 11 Retro- Black/Red “Playoff”- 12/14/2019

You didn't think to take every last box away because all that would've meant at the time is you spent hundreds and hundreds on shoes no one wanted. Was the same as just lighting money on fire :lol:

Oakland Mall was my main mall back in the '90s, but I would hit up Northland specifically for sneakers because it had more shoe stores than Oakland. I got OG Concords on release day from Northland after I called the Oakland Mall FTL and they said sold out. I miss those days.

I caught a pair of off the shelf Space Jams at Fairlane back in 2009. I had a backdoor hookup at Southland, which got me White Cement 4's and Chicago 1's (2015) without even trying. At the time I was like "cool" and now looking back.. wish I would've used that hookup a LOT more

I caught a pair of off the shelf Space Jams at Fairlane back in 2009. I had a backdoor hookup at Southland, which got me White Cement 4's and Chicago 1's (2015) without even trying. At the time I was like "cool" and now looking back.. wish I would've used that hookup a LOT more
I like Fairlane and its selection a lot, but it was a bit out of my way from the northern Woodward suburbs, so I only went there once in a while and usually only if I knew it was the only place to get a specific release. Which did happen sometimes.

You didn't think to take every last box away because all that would've meant at the time is you spent hundreds and hundreds on shoes no one wanted. Was the same as just lighting money on fire :lol:

Oakland Mall was my main mall back in the '90s, but I would hit up Northland specifically for sneakers because it had more shoe stores than Oakland. I got OG Concords on release day from Northland after I called the Oakland Mall FTL and they said sold out. I miss those days.

That Sports Authority on John R was my spot for Jordans in the mid to late 90s. Literally no one showed up for weekday morning releases, then they eventually stopped getting numbered jordans all together.

That Sports Authority on John R was my spot for Jordans in the mid to late 90s. Literally no one showed up for weekday morning releases, then they eventually stopped getting numbered jordans all together.
Dude, I got the Taxis on release day there in 1996, along with the giant NO BULL poster. Me and one other guy were the only ones there when it opened. Maybe it was you LOL
That is also the Sports Authority I was in the afternoon the OG black/red IE lows released, and where I held them in my hands and ended up passing because I was a broke college kid and felt guilty about spending the $115. Arguably the biggest sneaker regret of my life.

Facts. Sports Authority and ****'s Sporting Goods were super low key. Found a pair of the orange blaze and ice 8s under a table for $50. This was late 2000s. God times. Had no idea how good we had it lol

I got my og Playoff 11’s from Big 5 . I remember going on either release day or day after and them being sold out in all the major retailers at Topanga plaza, even Sneakerland on Ventura was sold out. Got the last pair in my size at Big 5 that used to be at Fallbrook mall.

Definitely remember people getting clowned for wearing the previous model Jordans back in the 90’s. Here in the DMV, we would call them “old Jordan’s” lol. I remember when the black/cement 4’s came out in 99, I didn’t know what Jordan number they were at the time, but I remember telling someone, “Man, those old Jordan’s are back out” lol. Good times

Definitely remember people getting clowned for wearing the previous model Jordans back in the 90’s. Here in the DMV, we would call them “old Jordan’s” lol. I remember when the black/cement 4’s came out in 99, I didn’t know what Jordan number they were at the time, but I remember telling someone, “Man, those old Jordan’s are back out” lol. Good times
We called them "the old Jordans" in metro Detroit, too LOL

I took some revised pictures. I still got mine, which I need to wear soon because I've been sitting on them for almost 2 years now, especially since shoes are perishable like that when unworn.
IMG_5555.JPG
IMG_5556.JPG
IMG_5557.JPG
IMG_5558.JPG
IMG_5559.JPG
IMG_5562.JPG

I only expect to wear them with these jerseys to go with a 1996 NBA Finals theme.
IMG_5544.JPG
IMG_5552.JPG

I took some revised pictures. I still got mine, which I need to wear soon because I've been sitting on them for almost 2 years now, especially since shoes are perishable like that when unworn.
IMG_5555.JPG
IMG_5556.JPG
IMG_5557.JPG
IMG_5558.JPG
IMG_5559.JPG
IMG_5562.JPG

I only expect to wear them with these jerseys to go with a 1996 NBA Finals theme.
IMG_5544.JPG
IMG_5552.JPG
20211112_134627.jpg
20211112_134528.jpg
Zero intention on putting these into rotation but after Lavine in the ConcordJams and that above post...had to crack em out for a Friday workout.

Pair looks like it has good proportions. One of my pairs is meh lol.
Lucked out i suppose, definitely happy with both pairs onhand.
I just took out my 2011 concords and the patent cut is just so disgusting.
Wont even acknowledge anything previous to the 2016 Jams lol. Straight *** in contrast to the OGs on just about all fronts but thats just my take while others seem to love the early 2000s retro run.

Pair looks like it has good proportions. One of my pairs is meh lol.
Check out the pics of Lavine's pair again ... I was like, look at how slim the end of that toe box is. Neither of my two 2016 pairs (sold one recently) was that sleek. One of my pairs of Concords is, but the other two not quite. The pair of Concords I sold recently wasn't even close to the rest. Of course, that's because I took the worst left and worst right shoe from my four pairs (meaning toe boxes; otherwise they were perfect) and made one pair to sell on SX LOL

Check out the pics of Lavine's pair again ... I was like, look at how slim the end of that toe box is. Neither of my two 2016 pairs (sold one recently) was that sleek. One of my pairs of Concords is, but the other two not quite. The pair of Concords I sold recently wasn't even close to the rest. Of course, that's because I took the worst left and worst right shoe from my four pairs (meaning toe boxes; otherwise they were perfect) and made one pair to sell on SX LOL

Bro :lol: lmao.. swear that happened to me by accident.. Ill post soon one day but one of my Concords is big OG energy. Got stiffed on Playoffs because of the whole Foot apps bs. One pair is aight and the other is meh lol. These ****s are hit or miss.

Bro :lol: lmao.. swear that happened to me by accident.. Ill post soon one day but one of my Concords is big OG energy. Got stiffed on Playoffs because of the whole Foot apps bs. One pair is aight and the other is meh lol. These ****s are hit or miss.
Ya the pair of Concords I wear, the toe slant all the way down to the outsole toe bumper on each shoe is 🔥. Looks like Lavine’s pair, if not better. The other two pairs, like one shoe is close, the other less so. The pair I mixed and sold … round and chunky at the end of the toe boxes. Like the specs were totally different at the factory. It really makes no sense when modern manufacturing tech should make it easy for each shoe to be within close tolerance of all the others. I don’t get it.

Back
Top Bottom