Air Jordan 11 Retro- Black/Red “Playoff”- 12/14/2019

The only reason why i wanted the CG's.
The only reason why i wanted the CG's.
One of the first things noticed was how much softer the midsole is. So soft it reminds me of the fake Jams almost had passed on me which is not a knock just an observation.
From what i understand every release they recalibrate the foam density thus producing an either softer or firmer ride. My only guess for doing that is it adds to the individual character of each release? It compliments the CGs to go softer imo, flows well with the plush nubuck upper.
In general i feel the overall structure of the shoe is more inline with the ConcordJams than the BlacknReds.
I 100% agree with you. They didn’t do particularly well with the bred. Just got the “shape” the same. The CG has been the best quality in the picture besides the cap and gowns.

Cleaned my 11s today and noticed a variance in the outsoles, one is dull, while one is more glossy, they’re pretty much the same color, but the different textures make them look slightly off. Anyone experience this?

D5F41DD1-0284-4875-9DDB-BD66C2926652.jpeg
C40A2091-E01F-43AF-96DA-D0C30F57EA7C.jpeg
DA2C0C87-022D-4784-8E9C-36858427C69C.jpeg
5ABD8EC8-B4FC-4D02-A845-5CA6DB9ABB0C.jpeg

Don’t know if its a LC or QC matter

Copped my pair off ebay sometime after release for about $280 after using a $100 coupon code, so I couldn’t pass it up.

I always was knitpicky about them because one shoe wasn’t as smooth as the other. I just chalked it up typical JB QC job. Randomly decided to check the upc tags inside the shoe. Just noticed they have mismatched manufacturing dates 😡.

Checked other pairs in my collection and from the ones checked, NONE had mismatched manufacturing dates. I don’t think they’re fake, but more than likely cherry picked and swapped one of the shoes. I can’t remember if this was before or after the “authentication” process they added.

I guess this is all to say, buy at your own risk. Ask for pics of upc tags inside shoe to see if they match if possible. I’m sure if you even cop from in store, employees swap as well.

After this revelation, I think it might be time to hang it up. Too much to go through to simply buy shoes
7462CA85-D813-47BC-9C65-A18C780BA70F.jpeg

775F700B-82C0-4F79-8C68-9468288A025B.jpeg

C85F5BD4-CEA7-40E9-83D6-2D86B3DB8003.jpeg

Last edited:
Yea I’ll keep you guys posted on what comes of it, I stated this elsewhere but at starting this year, it’s SNKRS or bust for me, not paying over retail, and not dealing with the headache of securing a legit (and good condition) pair. Hell, I won the Concord 11s off SNKRS and sent them back cause the PL heights were way off between both shoes (wish I took pics), but at least if I cop directly from Nike I have peace of mind knowing it can go straight back to Nike and I get a full refund, no hassle.

Edit: I even broke it down to the rep helping me that it’s common for people to swap one fake shoe w/ a real shoe, do this with one pair of legit, one pair of fakes and both mismatched pairs are likely gonna pass LC

Yea I’ll keep you guys posted on what comes of it, I stated this elsewhere but at starting this year, it’s SNKRS or bust for me, not paying over retail, and not dealing with the headache of securing a legit (and good condition) pair. Hell, I won the Concord 11s off SNKRS and sent them back cause the PL heights were way off between both shoes (wish I took pics), but at least if I cop directly from Nike I have peace of mind knowing it can go straight back to Nike and I get a full refund, no hassle.

Edit: I even broke it down to the rep helping me that it’s common for people to swap one fake shoe w/ a real shoe, do this with one pair of legit, one pair of fakes and both mismatched pairs are likely gonna pass LC
It's the classic case of separate Right shoe Factory and Left shoe Factory. Where the right and left shoes are made from separate factories.

Copped my pair off ebay sometime after release for about $280 after using a $100 coupon code, so I couldn’t pass it up.

I always was knitpicky about them because one shoe wasn’t as smooth as the other. I just chalked it up typical JB QC job. Randomly decided to check the upc tags inside the shoe. Just noticed they have mismatched manufacturing dates 😡.

Checked other pairs in my collection and from the ones checked, NONE had mismatched manufacturing dates. I don’t think they’re fake, but more than likely cherry picked and swapped one of the shoes. I can’t remember if this was before or after the “authentication” process they added.

I guess this is all to say, buy at your own risk. Ask for pics of upc tags inside shoe to see if they match if possible. I’m sure if you even cop from in store, employees swap as well.

After this revelation, I think it might be time to hang it up. Too much to go through to simply buy shoes
7462CA85-D813-47BC-9C65-A18C780BA70F.jpeg

775F700B-82C0-4F79-8C68-9468288A025B.jpeg

C85F5BD4-CEA7-40E9-83D6-2D86B3DB8003.jpeg
One thing JB does get right, is the consistency of the font on the size tags. So if they don’t match, one shoe is definitely fake. That’s terrible

Cleaned my 11s today and noticed a variance in the outsoles, one is dull, while one is more glossy, they’re pretty much the same color, but the different textures make them look slightly off. Anyone experience this?

D5F41DD1-0284-4875-9DDB-BD66C2926652.jpeg
C40A2091-E01F-43AF-96DA-D0C30F57EA7C.jpeg
DA2C0C87-022D-4784-8E9C-36858427C69C.jpeg
5ABD8EC8-B4FC-4D02-A845-5CA6DB9ABB0C.jpeg

Don’t know if its a LC or QC matter
It looks like the cleaning could have created this difference in sheen.
You know what was used when you cleaned them and whether the cleaner could have caused this.
They were worn, so it could have been the previous owner.

I had this issue on the Cherry Red Lows.
I use WD40 for a lot of things on Sneaker Cleans, and I used it to take off a Grass Stain.
It came right off, but that sole was glistening in comparison to the other.
Certain Solvents could dull them.
Etc Etc.

Right, that’s why both pairs above us have quality issues.

Not sure I follow this logic. I'm not blaming the buyer but choosing ebay over goat based on seeing what you're getting is what I do to study the images AND ask for exactly what you want to see.

I've even taken pictures exactly as I need it done and sent it to dudes with no problem. I can't do this on Goat.

Back
Top Bottom