Air Jordan 11 Retro- Black/Red “Playoff”- 12/14/2019

Air-Jordan-11-Bred-2019-.png
Air-Jordan-11-Bred-2019-3.png
Air-Jordan-11-Bred-2019-2 (1).png
Air-Jordan-11-Bred-2019-1.png
Air-Jordan-11-Bred-2019-5.png
Air-Jordan-11-Bred-2019-4.png

To each their own. To most people what all of us do with collecting shoes is unnecessary and asinine.
This is true. So many of us have several dozen or more pairs of shoes. Lots still ds. We all know we dont need all of what we have. But everyone in here gets it, while most normal "lol" people look at it as crazy and truly unnecessary. We all have the same unique hobby in common. So why question the manner we do it in. Everybody gonna collect in a different way. Some just go for the hype stuff. Some are all about everything OG. Some just simply love it all. Would I or could I buy 10 pairs of the same model? No, but I sure would love to have a lifetime supply of my favorite kick of all time. I get it. Pairs to beat without regard along with pairs kept in nice condition.

Side note. Just purchased a pair of original Columbia XI for the collection. Cannot wait to get them. They are not new but for the condition and price, I could not pass.

Last edited:
That’s a lot of the same shoe in which if your a collector of shoes you rotate so much that may need at most 2 pairs of concords
thats the thing though
just cause u buy a lot of shoes
doesnt mean ur a collector
dont see nothing wrong with having that many pairs
will always have a fresh pair
i aint mad at it

thats the thing though
i aint mad at it
Exactly. And honestly I’m rotating two for ball and wear one more on the regular casually. It’s the goat shoe for me. But ya. No biggie to each their own. As long as I get enjoyment outta this hobby that’s all that matters....

This is true. So many of us have several dozen or more pairs of shoes. Lots still ds. We all know we dont need all of what we have. But everyone in here gets it, while most normal "lol" people look at it as crazy and truly unnecessary. We all have the same unique hobby in common. So why question the manner we do it in. Everybody gonna collect in a different way. Some just go for the hype stuff. Some are all about everything OG. Some just simply love it all. Would I or could I buy 10 pairs of the same model? No, but I sure would love to have a lifetime supply of my favorite kick of all time. I get it. Pairs to beat without regard along with pairs kept in nice condition.

Side note. Just purchased a pair of original Columbia XI for the collection. Cannot wait to get them. They are not new but for the condition and price, I could not pass.
Man, you are 100% on this one.

I think if the shoes lasted an eternity I would hoard more pairs of my favorites but since they kinda all have a finite lifetime I guess I don’t see the point so much. Not hating or whatever just the way I look at it. I’m yet to double up on anything but planning on grabbing another pair of BM 5s and infrareds to keep on ice. Only shoe I wanna end up with 3 pairs of is the trophy room 17s cuz those are my grails, gonna have one beater pair, one light use, one in ice. :smokin

Last edited:
I think if the shoes lasted an eternity I would hoard more pairs of my favorites but since they kinda all have a finite lifetime I guess I don’t see the point so much. Not hating or whatever just the way I look at it. I’m yet to double up on anything but planning on grabbing another pair of BM 5s and infrareds to keep on ice. Only shoe I wanna end up with 3 pairs of is the trophy room 17s cuz those are my grails, gonna have one beater pair, one light use, one in ice. :smokin
Word. You can beat believe before my shoes reach end of life I’ll have beat them all up. Better believe that.

10 pairs of 1 shoe?? :rofl:

To each their own. To most people what all of us do with collecting shoes is unnecessary and asinine.

thats the thing though
i aint mad at it

Exactly. And honestly I’m rotating two for ball and wear one more on the regular casually. It’s the goat shoe for me. But ya. No biggie to each their own. As long as I get enjoyment outta this hobby that’s all that matters....

Word. You can beat believe before my shoes reach end of life I’ll have beat them all up. Better believe that.
To all of this: Yeah, it may seem "unnecessary" on the surface, but it's ALL a bit unnecessary. There are people on NT who buy 100 or more pairs of shoes per year. Think about THAT for a second. Ten pairs of concords or whatever is nothing in that context. And 23mj88 23mj88 actually balls in his pairs, so already just six months after release he's put wear on three of his 10 pairs. I assume when his two ball pair are beat, he'll unbox two more pairs. He could easily run through five pairs in two years or less.
Additionally, considering this whole shoe thing is nothing but a luxury to satisfy each of our personal reasons for liking/wanting shoes in the first place, I find it a bit hypocritical and definitely amusing for most people on NT to label another member's purchases as over the top. Especially when you're talking about someone's favorite shoe of all time. I bought four concords, almost bought more, but realized for ME that four should be enough. But I tell you what, if I had another six pairs staring back at me in my closet, I'd do nothing but laugh gleefully every time I opened it. Some of us get a lot of satisfaction out of just knowing we have a supply of certain shoes, even if we never get around to wearing them all. A shoe like concords or black/reds ... it's hardly like you can't sell them easily at any point later if you decide you went overboard. Strike first, sort it out later, I say.

To all of this: Yeah, it may seem "unnecessary" on the surface, but it's ALL a bit unnecessary. There are people on NT who buy 100 or more pairs of shoes per year. Think about THAT for a second. Ten pairs of concords or whatever is nothing in that context. And 23mj88 23mj88 actually balls in his pairs, so already just six months after release he's put wear on three of his 10 pairs. I assume when his two ball pair are beat, he'll unbox two more pairs. He could easily run through five pairs in two years or less.
Additionally, considering this whole shoe thing is nothing but a luxury to satisfy each of our personal reasons for liking/wanting shoes in the first place, I find it a bit hypocritical and definitely amusing for most people on NT to label another member's purchases as over the top. Especially when you're talking about someone's favorite shoe of all time. I bought four concords, almost bought more, but realized for ME that four should be enough. But I tell you what, if I had another six pairs staring back at me in my closet, I'd do nothing but laugh gleefully every time I opened it. Some of us get a lot of satisfaction out of just knowing we have a supply of certain shoes, even if we never get around to wearing them all. A shoe like concords or black/reds ... it's hardly like you can't sell them easily at any point later if you decide you went overboard. Strike first, sort it out later, I say.

I can't disagree with any of this. :lol:

Three pairs...cough...navy Snakeskin's...cough.

You really want to laugh even more? I also bought three pairs of Chicago Uptempo 95s. No EFFS given. Couldn't be happier :rofl:

Those pippens? Those are fire. Best cw of tgat uptempo imo. but the ****ed up the toe. IF I ever get a pair I’d fix that.

Those pippens? Those are fire. Best cw of tgat uptempo imo. but the ****ed up the toe. IF I ever get a pair I’d fix that.
Yup. After concords, my favorite mid-90s Nike bball shoe, hands down. Waited 23 years for that colorway. I don't even care about the toe. I've said in that thread, I can't even decide if I truly like the OG toe better or not. They look good with the extra black on the toe. Of course, I'd prefer the OG way just to have what Pip wore, exactly, but then the airbag would need to be red, too. Regardless, they are SICK. I'm not letting those two little changes affect me. Been wearing my first pair all over the place since I got them. I grin every time I see them, let alone look down at them on my feet.

At least those three won't squeak. :rofl:
Don't you put that mojo on me! :lol:
So far I've worn my first pair--knock on wood--without any issues, and I think I've worn them more than those damn emeralds and barons before they started squeaking LOL

You mean to tell me that you buy what you want, how many you want, without care for what others may think or say, and are happy about it? Holy ****, there is an idea.
Wild, isn't it? :rofl:

This is the part where your gonna be called out for your feelings being hurt for countering the negative statements. :lol: Script..

LOL I couldn't give any less of a ****. Lotta dudes on NT concerned with how other dudes spend their money, dress, etc. It's beyond questionable :lol:
Its beyond rediculous. Some just come in here to find a reason to find a reason to have a problem with something. Instead of understanding the reasons, they just want to throw shade. Just to wear the *** hole title. Real cool.:rolleyes Then they smoke screen with the quote "just an opinion, its a forum". Why cant guys just let people do what they do. Im sure the guys Im talking about will be all over me for this.

Man I couldn’t agree more. It’s all excessive and who gives a flying **** what I do with my money. 1 pair of cords already have a cracked carbon plate because I play in them every week. Busted a new pair out...and guess what, when those die...I’ll busy another out. For me with these being a shoe I lusted after in 2000/2001 as a teenager and copping a few more pairs off local FB groups under retail it was a no brainer.

Hell, as long as my bills are paid, sitting out a fat account who gives a Shhhhhh how many and what I buy. But you can’t please everyone on NT. All good though, I’m here to share conversation and knowledge I’ve gathered over the 22 years of doing this, the rest of it is whatever.

Its beyond rediculous. Some just come in here to find a reason to find a reason to have a problem with something. Instead of understanding the reasons, they just want to throw shade. Just to wear the *** hole title. Real cool.:rolleyes Then they smoke screen with the quote "just an opinion, its a forum". Why cant guys just let people do what they do. Im sure the guys Im talking about will be all over me for this.
They're all just smarter and more cool than us. I couldn't care less what they say or the shade they throw, I just laugh at them on my end and keep it moving.

Man I couldn’t agree more. It’s all excessive and who gives a flying **** what I do with my money. 1 pair of cords already have a cracked carbon plate because I play in them every week. Busted a new pair out...and guess what, when those die...I’ll busy another out. For me with these being a shoe I lusted after in 2000/2001 as a teenager and copping a few more pairs off local FB groups under retail it was a no brainer.

Hell, as long as my bills are paid, sitting out a fat account who gives a Shhhhhh how many and what I buy. But you can’t please everyone on NT. All good though, I’m here to share conversation and knowledge I’ve gathered over the 22 years of doing this, the rest of it is whatever.
Yup. It's hilarious to me that some people can't understand how you might actually USE 10 pairs of a shoe. It's really not that hard to do. When they've all run through their pairs and are complaining about being too broke to pay $300 for a replacement pair from StockX etc, you'll be sitting on pairs laughing all the way.

Back
Top Bottom