Air Jordan 11 Retro- Black/Red “Playoff”- 12/14/2019

Who’s making s*** up? If the shoe was intended to have red-tinted black mesh, all pairs would exhibit the same characteristic. But they don’t. So draw whatever conclusion you like. To me it’s apparent: the red hue was unintentional.

The testimony of the Tinker associate and the fact that only some pairs have red tint are evidence for that conclusion. They don’t prove it. But I never said they did.

If you like the tint, call it serendipity. I don’t give a f***. It’s a defect to me because it looks like s***.
Tinker associate. Strange terminology to bolster your point with. What do you mean by associate?

Your date says march 2019, how do you know all this context?

Its simple. Someone tweet tinker and tell him to quit f’n ‘round. we need answers. A short instagram clip will suffice

Tinker associate. Strange terminology to bolster your point with. What do you mean by associate?

Your date says march 2019, how do you know all this context?

I’ve been on NT since 1999, both anonymously and under various screen names. But that’s not really necessary here. Just go back and read the earlier pages of this thread, where another user claimed to have occasional email correspondence with Tinker.

I’ve been on NT since 1999, both anonymously and under various screen names. But that’s not really necessary here. Just go back and read the earlier pages of this thread, where another user claimed to have occasional email correspondence with Tinker.
Yeah ogslater. He confirmed that it was not by design. But still its there. How can that be ignored?

Lol I started a war by bringing this up again when those SBD pics dropped. The red tint is obviously there, but I’m pretty indifferent to it. Whether these renditions have it or not, I will be getting 4 pairs. What matters most to me is the white patent leather edge and proper shade of red on the sole. They look pretty bright on these recent pics which is how the og was. I know some will disagree and post pics of their ogs but keep in mind the ogs have oxidation over time. They develop a certain orange tint to them .

The shape is looking great too, has that slanted look that the og did. I just hope these SBD pics is what we get.

Lol I started a war by bringing this up again when those SBD pics dropped. The red tint is obviously there, but I’m pretty indifferent to it. Whether these renditions have it or not, I will be getting 4 pairs. What matters most to me is the white patent leather edge and proper shade of red on the sole. They look pretty bright on these recent pics which is how the og was. I know some will disagree and post pics of their ogs but keep in mind the ogs have oxidation over time. They develop a certain orange tint to them .

The shape is looking great too, has that slanted look that the og did. I just hope these SBD pics is what we get.
No worries. We love bickering over small **** that really dont matter. Its what we do. How lucky are we for being able to do that?

It’s apparent some people are just itchin for this non issue to become another annoying contrast heel debacle.

These threads are like prison 6 months out from release date. Nothing to do but cook up beef over the smallest details and start wars.

It simply started with an observation of maybe seeing the detail discussed. Then it blew up with people just wanting to go on about how stupid it was. Then got turned into people complaining. No one complained. I dont think one person said if its not there "Im out". It was just pointed out and a couple agreed and it turned into all this. Can true conversation really go on anymore? Or does it always have to lead into arguments because the other dont see it the way they do. These are black and red XIs guys. Enjoy the release. Talk about it. Tell a story. Show a picture, a memory, somthin.
Man, exactly, J. I don't see anyone in here saying "pass" due to tint. I personally said more than once that it's not a big deal, but I also don't think it is nothing. As did others. It's just something to discuss, whether some of us care and some don't or some like it and some don't. No one started a war. Christ, anytime now on here there's a back and forth on a bit of minutiae (and imagine that on a forum for shoe geeks), some people take it to another level and accuse others of fighting and turning it into something it never was.

So uhhhhhh........

What are y’all gonna wear these with?

:nerd:
:rofl:

Who’s making s*** up? If the shoe was intended to have red-tinted black mesh, all pairs would exhibit the same characteristic. But they don’t. So draw whatever conclusion you like. To me it’s apparent: the red hue was unintentional.

The testimony of the Tinker associate and the fact that only some pairs have red tint are evidence for that conclusion. They don’t prove it. But I never said they did.

If you like the tint, call it serendipity. I don’t give a f***. It’s a defect to me because it looks like s***.
You sort of were. You can call it a defect, but neither you nor anyone else on here has nearly enough information for that to be an accurate description. I guarantee you Tinker and other designers have time and again turned in designs that were slightly modified in production for whatever reason. Whether it was a change to the swoosh placement, or a shade of color, whatever. So, cool, all of those shoes are defective, too. For all we know, the Jordan XI product line manager for that factory was shown a couple versions of black mesh and chose the red tinted one on purpose. If that's the case, is it a defect? Not to me.
Point is, that theory is as rooted in fact as any other any of us might come up with or have offered in here. Again, none of this is a big deal and I ain't mad at anyone. I just found it a bit odd to declare something a defect with no facts to support the idea. But we can all believe whatever we want. I just happen to disagree with your reasoning. No harm, no foul.

I can’t stop looking at the pics. This shoe is too godly. If I had a choice between a lifetime supply of these or eternal world peace, I’d choose the former. JK:D These shoes give me a boner though lol.
3b447f1c-dfef-4f36-ab47-a38bc620ccc2.nba_1_1280x720.jpg

They look good. Good job JB. I definitely see the red tint on the mesh.. Makes the eyelets stand out more. I never had the ogs... All the black XIs I have had had pure black mesh. I prefer the all black but it doesn't matter to me as I'm sitting this one out. Not my favorites... I'd take a lot of Js over these. These don't even make my top 10 actually. Maybe it's the patent leather I don't like anymore. Id like to see a space jam with alll tumbled leather.. No patent. I know y'all probably think I'm loco for that 1. I remember Mike laying on the locker room floor in these.. Just aren't my favorites look-wise.

Last edited:

In this guys post, I do not see the red tint, but in the SBD I do see it. Either way, we will just have to wait until it’s in our hands I guess in December and we can all say what we see or even post up pics if there’s a difference in the mesh with our AUTHENTIC pair(s).

Back
Top Bottom