Air Jordan 11 Retro- Black/Red “Playoff”- 12/14/2019

The GOAT 11

20230111_125941.jpg
20230111_105341.jpg

I been saying it, call me crazy but I think the new high patent made the remaster slightly uncomfortable. My 2011 concords are more comfortable than my 2017 space jams and my win like 82. The concords feel lighter and more flexible wearing.
Imo it varies on the colorway. Some are more comfortable than others. As for the 11s that dropped with the lower cut patent leather from 2009-2015, the only pair I could compare was the Cool Greys and they were ok in terms of comfort underfoot but the quality control was horrible! One tongue was longer than the other and it made the fit feel weird on feet. I eventually had to sell em because of that.

Imo it varies on the colorway. Some are more comfortable than others. As for the 11s that dropped with the lower cut patent leather from 2009-2015, the only pair I could compare was the Cool Greys and they were ok in terms of comfort underfoot but the quality control was horrible! One tongue was longer than the other and it made the fit feel weird on feet. I eventually had to sell em because of that.

I know the 12's are like that. I had the 04's and the 22's playoffs and they're always heavier and more stiff than the rest.

I still feel a way about some of the newer XI's.. Overall, they're aight but the PL cut is still off and they look a little funny. The way they messed with the sole and PL toe box is an eye sore for me. Of all of them, I think CG's and Concords are the best but I might give the edge to CG's.

Bought a pair off stock X, left shoe came with creases in the patent leather already 🤦🏼‍♂️. They aren’t big creases but you can tell they were tried on. They are near the inner side near the toes. They are legit getting worse and worse.
This is exactly why I say the newer PL sucks. It's cheap. I tried to cop 2016 slightly used SJ from GOAT years ago and all of the PL was ruined on all pairs, even the "good" used pairs. It's terrible.

This is exactly why I say the newer PL sucks. It's cheap. I tried to cop 2016 slightly used SJ from GOAT years ago and all of the PL was ruined on all pairs, even the "good" used pairs. It's terrible.
A problem with this is because they have the shoes already laced up this could be avoided if they left them unlaced like back in the day the tightness of the laces most of the time brongs out that inner crease even if not tried on

A problem with this is because they have the shoes already laced up this could be avoided if they left them unlaced like back in the day the tightness of the laces most of the time brongs out that inner crease even if not tried on
That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about lightly worn pairs with very little dirt on the bottom having foggy and scratched-up PL. It has nothing do to with how they are laced. When looking at gently worn pairs, no matter how little worn, the PL doesn't have that shine. Even with my pairs, after a wear or two the PL has to be wiped down again. It's not a huge issue, but it's a deal breaker (at least for me) when considering buying gently used pairs at a decent price, but people are not caring for the PL and want to charge over retail. What you are describing is how PL cracks, which does happen over time (for example, my 01 Colombias JUST started cracking in recent years), but my 2011 Concords have cracked at a much faster rate. I get it, but yeah overall the PL quality is just cheaper, which is why I don't get too crazy when rating the current iterations over previous retros.

I think it could be argued that the OG XI’s were actually made with hooping as the intended purpose, and almost any retro Jordan now is a fashion sports shoe made to look as close to those original shoes as possible.

We just won’t see that same quality because in truth they just aren’t being made to really hoop in like that.

I’d be curious to know if the shoes that athletes receive from JB to wear on court are the exact same materials / build as what we get in our boxes.

That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about lightly worn pairs with very little dirt on the bottom having foggy and scratched-up PL. It has nothing do to with how they are laced. When looking at gently worn pairs, no matter how little worn, the PL doesn't have that shine. Even with my pairs, after a wear or two the PL has to be wiped down again. It's not a huge issue, but it's a deal breaker (at least for me) when considering buying gently used pairs at a decent price, but people are not caring for the PL and want to charge over retail. What you are describing is how PL cracks, which does happen over time (for example, my 01 Colombias JUST started cracking in recent years), but my 2011 Concords have cracked at a much faster rate. I get it, but yeah overall the PL quality is just cheaper, which is why I don't get too crazy when rating the current iterations over previous retros.
The 2011 concords are one of the worst 11 retros that and the 08 cdp and the 2012 “bred” such bad quality and had that banana shape, I find the 2016 sj 2018 concord 2019 bred and 2021 pairs getting better, try using coconut oil on the patent leather my 16 sj has that cloudy look to them but adding the oil helps

What if shoes were meant to be worn a lot, age, and then tossed at some point? Cuz I feel like sneaker companies never intended their shoes to be worn for 10-20 years.
This is why I hate the whole “closed cell PU” BS that gets brought up all the time with 3s and 4s. I’d much rather they go back to the softer, more comfortable open cell material that the originals had. Just produce more pairs every 5-7 years.

Back
Top Bottom