Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

Only models I own or have ever owned past the 14 are the white/navy 16s, black 20s, and these:
AJCollection_26.jpg

This colorway of the 2011s actually make this a pretty cool shoe. I haven't worn them often but they look good with shorts. These are also the rare later model I can easily actually picture MJ playing in during his Bulls days. I have no doubt that had these come along back then and been seen on his feet during games, they would be a reasonably sought-after model.

I actually liked these. In some ways it reminds me of the 7. You had full leather designs in the 5s and 6s and then the 7 was this lighter huarache feel with thin ankle support. This shoe reminds me of that lighter ankle support huarache like feel with the looks of a 11 and 12.

these were always dope to me and I remember them being beasts on the court

never bought em tho, prefer playing in Nike/Kobes

I bought my pair on a whim in the fall of 2011 when I happened to be in Vegas and wandered into Niketown and saw them on sale for I think like $120. Glad I did, turned out to be a nice shoe with a true Jordan look/feel to it.

Kinda disagree. The 11-12 were simple designs but had some really dope details (material contrasts, interesting stitching, etc). Those aren’t terrible looking but there’s nothing about them that really grabs your attention and makes them memorable. The 13/14 also had a lot of really cool and unique details and more radical designs. I guess they could have worked as 15s but that’s not exactly a high bar.

I see your point but my main point was, its overall design language would not have been out of place compared to those models back then. The 11 is a mashup of the 9 and 10 with then some of its own distinct cues obviously, but you can see the logical progression from Tinker, from the white with black rand around the shoe on the 9 and the evolution of the 10's lacing system. Remix that into a new shoe with patent leather and voila, meet the Jordan 11. The Jordan 2011 could be seen as a mashup, as JRepp23 JRepp23 noted, of the 11 and 12, remixed with a lighter upper and interchangeable insoles. I'll never believe that, had the 2011 dropped in '97 or '98 or '99, people would have found it anything but a new Air Jordan that made sense in the context of what recently preceded it. But we don't have a time machine so it's just a fun thought.

I see your point but my main point was, its overall design language would not have been out of place compared to those models back then. The 11 is a mashup of the 9 and 10 with then some of its own distinct cues obviously, but you can see the logical progression from Tinker, from the white with black rand around the shoe on the 9 and the evolution of the 10's lacing system. Remix that into a new shoe with patent leather and voila, meet the Jordan 11. The Jordan 2011 could be seen as a mashup, as JRepp23 JRepp23 noted, of the 11 and 12, remixed with a lighter upper and interchangeable insoles. I'll never believe that, had the 2011 dropped in '97 or '98 or '99, people would have found it anything but a new Air Jordan that made sense in the context of what recently preceded it. But we don't have a time machine so it's just a fun thought.
Agree it fits the design language although I think it would have been even more disappointing than the 12 following the 11, even if it had followed the 12 or 13.

Agree it fits the design language although I think it would have been even more disappointing than the 12 following the 11, even if it had followed the 12 or 13.

But if it had followed the 14 instead of what actually followed the 14, we would have all been thrilled :rofl:

Would anyone agree with me that the 15 is a mix with differences of the 13 and 14? I have always thought that.

That's a tough one for me to see, J. All I see with that shoe is a mix of dog****, horse****, and bull**** LOL

Here for the 15 talk I missed lol. I like specific colorways-the OG and the Flint and then White/Red and Blk/Silver Lows.. I think thats about it. I wore my OG retro 15s last year and my fit was fine. I think the shoe is easier to pull off now with fitted jeans being a thing. I think the 18s have a similar effect.

BUT 19s, 21s, 22s, and almost anything after 23 was God awful :sick::sick:. The 21s are actually not so bad but compared to all the rest, theyre not great at all. The 19 and 22... :sick:
Obsidians you forgot :wink:

I've said more than once, I'm buying four pairs of this release. I don't care about the number one way or another, I prefer 23 if someone asked my opinion or gave me a choice but it's like whatever, either way. I'm just amused that there are people acting so butt hurt about it, and even some in here trying to speculate if it will make the shoes more attainable come release day. Get real LOL
This guy knows! I totally agree. If I can ill buy more than 1!

That is a euphemism for fake. Doesn't matter how you dress it up. They are fakes. People just justifying buying fugazi sneakers.

I only buy shoes once in a blue moon, and I am retail or bust for the most part. If I miss the release and want the shoe bad enough, then I buy it off GOAT. As far as the fakes are concerned, there are obviously various types of fakes. Some are closer to the "authorized" or "authentic" pairs than others. When I see the term "unauthorized" I think of the ones made in the same factory, by the same workers, and using the same materials as the authentic's. IMO, this is the same concept as my friend working at Domino's Pizza making a pizza to take home without his boss' permission. I would still consider it a Domino's Pizza. At the end of the day, they're shoes and I am not so emotionally invested in fake vs authentic because it does not affect my day to day life. Nike and Jordan Brand do not give a rat's *** about us, so why should I?

As far as the fakes are concerned, there are obviously various types of fakes. Some are closer to the "authorized" or "authentic" pairs than others. When I see the term "unauthorized" I think of the ones made in the same factory, by the same workers, and using the same materials as the authentic's. IMO, this is the same concept as my friend working at Domino's Pizza making a pizza to take home without his boss' permission. I would still consider it a Domino's Pizza. At the end of the day, they're shoes and I am not so emotionally invested in fake vs authentic because it does not affect my day to day life. Nike and Jordan Brand do not give a rat's *** about us, so why should I?

You must be joking. You've been registered on NT since 2003. "Various types of fakes" just means there are fakes that are done better than others. They are still fake. Counterfeit. Not legit in any way. There are no "unauthorized" pairs making it out of actual Nike factories after hours and being sold for a discount. Your Domino's analogy is wrong. Sorry to burst your bubble, but this has been covered and exposed again and again. If you want to buy fakes, have at it. But don't think for a minute you are getting a pair of shoes that is the same as the authentics.

What cw do you guys think will retro next year? I hope its the cool greys. Not an OG cw but might as well be

Last edited:
You must be joking. You've been registered on NT since 2003. "Various types of fakes" just means there are fakes that are done better than others. They are still fake. Counterfeit. Not legit in any way. There are no "unauthorized" pairs making it out of actual Nike factories after hours and being sold for a discount. Your Domino's analogy is wrong. Sorry to burst your bubble, but this has been covered and exposed again and again. If you want to buy fakes, have at it. But don't think for a minute you are getting a pair of shoes that is the same as the authentics.
I just said I wouldn't knowingly buy fakes or unauthorized because I do not buy enough shoes to make that much of a dent to my wallet. My point was there is not much separation between the so called "unauthorized" pairs and the authentics, the difference is the Nike QC and Nike's authorization. With the Domino's Pizza, the difference is the the boss' oversight and authorization. You didn't burst my bubble because like I said these are just shoes to me that will become beat after a number of wears and will release again in a few years.

Back
Top Bottom