Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

The thread jumped 11 pages in two days :wow:

I don't post nearly like I used to (early 2000's NT was my jam), but I like seeing the new kids appreciate the Culture. Doesn't matter if you saw MJ play or not... and personally, I didn't care for MJ in my day, we are Lakers fans... but I like to see the nostalgia and appreciation for sneaker collecting. Keep the stories and the pictures of the shoes coming. I can't wait til 12/8 myself.

I'm lucky as I have my shipping address for EVERYTHING I order (eBay, Nike, FNL.com, NBA.com, etc) set to my work. It goes to the parts department of the car dealer I work for and know it's super safe there. Plus I track it and know what times they come for delivery. I'll never have anything valuable sent to the house.

And yes, this swooh on the box is just insanely stupid!!! Why not just write "STEAL ME" on the box too? Really Nike? Your so vane you gotta have your logo on the boxes now? SMDH!!!

Anyone on the fence about these? I picked up the Cap & Gowns back in May and only rocked those maybe a few times and feel like these would rocked even less.

I tend not to worry too much about stolen packages, I know most drivers won’t risk their jobs over shoes, and my Block isn’t terrible. But a big fat swoosh on the box? That is borderline irresponsible. I imagine that it’s much more tempting to nab a package if you know it’s from a brand you like, compared to a plain box where you have no clue. Come on, Nike!

I ordered some slides last week and they came in the swoosh box. I couldn't believe they would do that.

Luckily I'm in a good neighborhood.

Anyone on the fence about these? I picked up the Cap & Gowns back in May and only rocked those maybe a few times and feel like these would rocked even less.

I was on the fence. I have WL82s which I’ve worn a decent amount of times, maybe 15? Including an awesome trip.

But my Cap & Gowns? I’ve only worn them four times, 5 tops.

So I was on the fence. Until the second Nike did the early release, then I copped instantly without even thinking about it. My self-control is pretty low when it comes to Jordans!

These are absolute classics, though. Whenever I wear them, I’m sure I’ll be thoroughly enjoying them.

yall do realize package thieves have 1 sole purpose....to steal packages right? so swoosh or not, if its sittin out there and he/she can carry it away, it will get stolen. if its something valuable they can hawk, they keep it and do just that. if its something they cant get money from, they keep it for themselves to use or toss it and go steal more packages.

theyre people of opportunity....not rocket scientist masterminds who calculate whats in ya box or not. theyll take it and hope they can get money from whatever is in your package. i do understand what some of yall saying with the swoosh, but trust me, thieves dont care. theyll take it if opportunity provides.

amazon ships packages with their logo on the box all the time. and u can get ps4s, phones etc from amazon which far outweighs shoes.m amazon boxces would be prime targets. but like i said, be smart and ya ish wont get stolen.

I was on the fence. I have WL82s which I’ve worn a decent amount of times, maybe 15? Including an awesome trip.

But my Cap & Gowns? I’ve only worn them four times, 5 tops.

So I was on the fence. Until the second Nike did the early release, then I copped instantly without even thinking about it. My self-control is pretty low when it comes to Jordans!

These are absolute classics, though. Whenever I wear them, I’m sure I’ll be thoroughly enjoying them.

I'm sincerely torn about these. I'm sure I'll probably cop anyhow.

people will steal packages regardless but having a swoosh on the outside of the box wont help things either
Exactly, you cant spot a swoosh from the street... if someone’s out stealing packages then they’re taking anything and everything

Doesn’t happen as often as some of you are claiming only if you have some shady *** driver who wants to give up a GREAT paying job for a pair of GR kicks then sucks for you

It’s sad to say but it’s robbing season. Especially during the holidays. Either at the store or your porch/ front door. Anything is up for grabs. Me including my neighbors been looking out for each other. Thieves Hits us hard a few years ago.

If we really want Nike to take notice, everyone should post a pic of their Swoosh boxes and tag Nike on their IG page. Do it enough times to get their attention.

They'll probably just produce more and look at it like free advertising because that's what you'd be doing lol.

62DBCEEC-B7D0-4B92-8ED4-243D020CA455.jpeg
Iono if it’s just me but I have a qc issue :/

Ever seen OG or 2000 retros? It's worse than this with the overlapping mesh.

188E27F2-68DE-4CBB-9098-97E6250CD655.jpeg
A0E838EE-FBD4-491E-9567-D771CBE70EC8.jpeg
D567C11A-45D8-4E7D-8D47-6F2E3555017B.jpeg
Alongside the “black concords”. The leather is softer around ankle on the concords than it is on the Jams. Other than that they are pretty much the same. Would’ve been nice to have that 45 stitched like the Jams but I’m happy with em. Thinking about grabbing a second pair.

Exactly, you cant spot a swoosh from the street... if someone’s out stealing packages then they’re taking anything and everything

Doesn’t happen as often as some of you are claiming only if you have some shady *** driver who wants to give up a GREAT paying job for a pair of GR kicks then sucks for you

that was my whole point. swoosh or not, if a dude came around with intent to steal packages, its gonna get stolen. only diff is without the swoosh, the thief wont have a clue what he stole until he gets to open the package later on.....and with the swoosh the dude has an idea of what he just took......but 1 thing will be the same.........he will take that ish.

heck yea that swoosh dont help, i agree with all yall...but lets not get too upset and act like ya joint woulda been safe in the same situation without a swoosh.

like i said....amazon has their logo on alotta their boxes, especially that tape if u have prime. and they sell electronics and other thing way more valuable than shoes.

amazon does just fine. because its up to us a consumers to take steps to make sure our packages dont get stolen.

Back
Top Bottom