Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

2018-03-22_14.02.34.jpg
37ed16aa64573c68f65f2ebdce57d7da.jpg

Not really a tell of being fake. I bought a pair from Footaction and my friend got a pair from FTL. The front of the soles varied on clarity. His were like the one's in the picture.

I never understand the logic that Nike is giving anyone anything. First, they are a business and make decisions to reach their goals. Second, I see Nike playing with details (ie. finessing like they love to) more than I ever see them giving people what they want.

Can't please people either way

....NT cried for YEARS "please, Nike, give us Nike Air on the shoes again like the OGs and how it was intended to be. I'll pay $300, I don't care, I just want Nike Air back...."

They gave it to the public....with an increased price tag...

NT cried "make the PL cut higher like the ogs on the XI"

They gave it to the public, now they complain it's too high...

It never fails man

I agree, but how can anyone say the low cut looks better on a mid xi? I guess it's not awful on the lows but on a freaking mid??? Come on now. I remember my awful cdp pair where the patent almost scraped the midsole where it dipped by the toes. Terrible, just terrible.

I never understand the logic that Nike is giving anyone anything. First, they are a business and make decisions to reach their goals. Second, I see Nike playing with details (ie. finessing like they love to) more than I ever see them giving people what they want.

But you do understand and are aware that they read this board for research and ideas, right? What gets posted on this board doesn't serve as a directive to Nike on what to release, but what is posted here certainly gives them an idea of what the consumer wants.

But you do understand and are aware that they read this board for research and ideas, right? What gets posted on this board doesn't serve as a directive to Nike on what to release, but what is posted here certainly gives them an idea of what the consumer wants.
Firm believer in this.^ Nike gives us just enough to make us want. Leaves out just enough to keep us wanting more. Their play on details are calculated.

Sure, but for example to say that they flooded the market with every GR in 2017 because sneakerheads wanted availability is foolish IMO. You hear it all the time "oh you wanted GR's but now no ones copping" or "you wanted limited now everything in 2018 is hard to cop". What I'm saying is they love to do is giveth and taketh away. The PL cut is a great example. People want the OG higher cut, Nike goes and OD it :lol:

I think so too, even though we are a small sample size
Yeah I agree. To me the best way to gauge a release and the feedback from it is in here. Nike has to be aware of the influence Niketalk has. I have lurked here since 05 or 06 and all the complaining from years back. A lot of those complaints like NA branding and PL height had to have been listened to from people in here and other focus groups Nike has. I'm not saying Niketalk is THE reason for some of the comebacks we all have wanted but I'm sure its had some influence. If I'm Nike,.. Id watch this site.

Sure, but for example to say that they flooded the market with every GR in 2017 because sneakerheads wanted availability is foolish IMO. You hear it all the time "oh you wanted GR's but now no ones copping" or "you wanted limited now everything in 2018 is hard to cop". What I'm saying is they love to do is giveth and taketh away. The PL cut is a great example. People want the OG higher cut, Nike goes and OD it :lol:

I simply said they use a place like NT for ideas on how to change things. Availability was a complaint, and they responded to that. How is that foolish? For making more product available to earn more profit? That's not dumb. I will say a lot of people here don't fully understand that concept. The only people that get hurt when shoes are over saturated on the market and sit are the retailers. The stores buy the shipments from nike, and since all the stores want the chance to sell out all the product, they have to pay nike. So Nike gets all their money for the shoes even before RD, so their bottom line isn't hurting. The retailers get stuck when a shoe doesn't do as well as they thought, and depending on where it sells best, that can determine how certain models/colorways are allocated, which causes the argument "my area doesn't ever get _____". Just understand this basic principle, Nike really understands the game of supply, demand, making the customers want more and how to create demand. Tell me this, their shoes are so popular, but when was the last last time you've seen an actual commercial for a nike shoe? They were ahead of the curve in terms of selling product by simply observing a message board such at this. The resell market and all of it's outlets are the new sneaker commercials. Nothing is a mystery or an accident. We are literally handing them the blueprint daily on how to take our money :lol:. It's up to you as a consumer to say enough is enough with this bs and stop buying what they are putting out.

I simply said they use a place like NT for ideas on how to change things. Availability was a complaint, and they responded to that. How is that foolish? For making more product available to earn more profit? That's not dumb. I will say a lot of people here don't fully understand that concept. The only people that get hurt when shoes are over saturated on the market and sit are the retailers. The stores buy the shipments from nike, and since all the stores want the chance to sell out all the product, they have to pay nike. So Nike gets all their money for the shoes even before RD, so their bottom line isn't hurting. The retailers get stuck when a shoe doesn't do as well as they thought, and depending on where it sells best, that can determine how certain models/colorways are allocated, which causes the argument "my area doesn't ever get _____". Just understand this basic principle, Nike really understands the game of supply, demand, making the customers want more and how to create demand. Tell me this, their shoes are so popular, but when was the last last time you've seen an actual commercial for a nike shoe? They were ahead of the curve in terms of selling product by simply observing a message board such at this. The resell market and all of it's outlets are the new sneaker commercials. Nothing is a mystery or an accident. We are literally handing them the blueprint daily on how to take our money :lol:. It's up to you as a consumer to say enough is enough with this bs and stop buying what they are putting out.
Believe me I'm glad they research these forums. I can't complain about any retros of the past recent years. Absolutely loving what's in my closet thanks to Nike listening. I'm just saying there's a bigger picture at play here then just giving the sneakerheads what they want.

Probably a bit more than that but we're a mere sample size. They can't go out and and survey everyone. So they use our data to project. But at the end of the day, they don't give a rat's *** what we really want, they're just going to do enough to keep us intrigued.
This

Hahaha! Some of you guys are complaining just to complain now. Was the 2000 pair trash now also?

People want to talk about “bricks” and “quality issues” that looks to be the problem with the 2018 pair. Especially if they’re making a million plus pairs of the shoe.

I didn’t see anything wrong with the 2011 pair. The cut was perfect - to me. If anyone wants to complain about the patent leather cut on a AJ11, it should be the 2009 space jams. That was a travesty!!!

But pics below show that there is no difference in the 2011 pair compared to the 2000 pair...

C74F3ECC-2DBF-4B55-A4F3-428A43F46EDB.jpeg

B6874FE4-5314-41DF-9048-69784B778154.jpeg
51806B31-9AFD-48EB-8EA0-FAC98FBB786B.jpeg
E7936BE4-A76F-4E5B-AE8E-3243196967E5.jpeg

Just my opinion...

Jumpman emblem left shoe they switched the way its facing

Believe me I'm glad they research these forums. I can't complain about any retros of the past recent years. Absolutely loving what's in my closet thanks to Nike listening. I'm just saying there's a bigger picture at play here then just giving the sneakerheads what they want.
I agree with this. At the end of the day its all Nike. Ever wonder why the Jordan 1 are the most retroed Jordan? The swoosh.. Period. NA branding benefits us and them. To get the best of both is what Nike has figured out. Jordan fans get OG treatment while Nike still gets recognized. That's why I'm not worried about that scrub Gentry stopping all of this. I really think the J 12 and so on are at the biggest risk of not being brought back as much because the swoosh originally isn't anywhere on them shoes. Believe me I'm taking all I can get from them. The Concord in December may not have the NA outside of the shoe. But it sure will be on the insole and side of the box.. The original box. Nikes plan is to make sure Nike is more relevant while using the Jumpman at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom