Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

11's might be clunky now but saying wearing them for their original intended purpose will ruin them is ridiculous.

Id never wear them for hooping. I wouldve wore lightweight running shoes when I balled in college if coach wouldve let me.

no way i'd EVER hoop in these! these are NOT basketball shoes regardless of how they LOOK. yall need to remember that. at this point, it's a LIFESTYLE shoe, not a PERFORMANCE shoe. let's remember this. that said, yea it might look cool or feel nostalgic or something, but why would i ever hoop in these? they aren't built for on court and u gone mess up your brand new shiny kicks u just dropped 250 on. what sense does it make??

Dude, what are you even talking about. These are built as close as the OG as they everybhave. Yet there not for ball? If these were good enough for MJ they’ll be good enough for you easy. As a matter of fact I would dare say these are still better than some current shoes. The outsole sticks like glue, full length air with a phylon midsole. Your out to lunch if you ask me. I’ve played high level ball for 15 years and these perform completely
Fine on court. As a matter of fact, I like these better on court than the 33....that ish is a straight gimmick. The 11/12/13/14 are still some of the best shoes to ball in. I’m keeping it real.

yeah, these were made for ball in 1996!! sorry to inform yall that it's almost 2019 and there has been nothing added or updated about this shoe. in fact it's likely safe to say things have been taken away. i stand firmly behind my statement. if i'm SERIOUS about hoop kicks, these are definitely not gonna be on my top ten list. can we all agree on that? damn, dudes act like they totally lost. obviously they are "basketball" shoes. but they are for looks/aesthetics, NOT performance. can we all agree on that? damn. dudes slow af in here, i swear... :sick:
Calm down my boi!...I get what you saying

Check out Scott Powell on Twitter, he’s already trying to undercut the success of these.

It is me, but it seems like some of the fakes I have seen look better than the real thing. The "fakes" try hard to be authentic.
I am not going to lie, I have seen some "fakes" and they look near perfect.

Last edited:
My senior year I was working at Taco Bell and spending my whole check on Jordans:lol:

Long story short I went to a varisity away game with the concord 11 retros of 2001 and the newly released Jordan 16s bred.

I started the game off with the Jordan 16s and was sliding all over the place to the point to where I switch to the retro 11s. They were better than the 16s but still didn’t make me feel secure when making fast moves because support and stability wasn’t there. I think I got crossed over like 7 times in 20 mins. Needless to say I lost my spot in the rotation and only played a couple of minutes for the remaining of the season:lol:

You really gonna blame the 11s for getting crossed and benched...? :tongue:

It is me, but it seems like some of the fakes I have seen look better than the real thing. The "fakes" try hard to be authentic.
I am going to lie, I have seen some "fakes" and they look near perfect.
3954AF1F-EEDE-44C8-A232-95F29F20988B.gif

The XIs and many 1995 sneakers were the ballin shoes that started the change shank plates, reliable zoom air futuristic designs handsdown the year nike was on fire every sneaker between 94 n 96 was amazing.

People who say you cant do this n that in them mean wont, yes theres modern tech but these are balled in in the NBA and college

I even ball in foams some of us grew up b4 everything was a sock on a cloud of air modern shoes are great but there are some shoes that are legendary because they changed the game.

Posts about qc which are reaching, gripe of the placement of the, debating that these are basketball or lifestyle shoes. One thing is certain

9F15AD0F-2E5E-443F-A863-CC8B738A6833.jpeg

I’m pure trash on the court. I always wear beat up sneakers when my friends invite me to ball up with them, as to not deceive anyone into thinking that I’m a good ball player. If I were good though, I’d definitely break out my freshest kicks on the court.

Respex

The XIs and many 1995 sneakers were the ballin shoes that started the change shank plates, reliable zoom air futuristic designs handsdown the year nike was on fire every sneaker between 94 n 96 was amazing.

People who say you cant do this n that in them mean wont, yes theres modern tech but these are balled in in the NBA and college

I even ball in foams some of us grew up b4 everything was a sock on a cloud of air modern shoes are great but there are some shoes that are legendary because they changed the game.
Ball shoes now ARE better but the the percentage of how much isn’t that far off despite what people want to believe.

With that said foams are and always were pure trash on the court :lol:

And yes I wore them back in HS to play pick up wearing jeans, no shirt, and b-ball shorts under the jeans :lol:

708F4709-82CE-410F-8D09-4670F50DA4C9.gif

Playing basketball in basketball shoes, how silly of him :lol:

Sometimes I can’t tell who’s trolling and who’s not
:lol:

you did call me out on balling in my penny 2's but yeah those things are just for looks but that's nike fault for not making them for performance and horrible comfort.

if jordan brand removed the air bag and used fake printed carbonfiber shank plate on the concord 11's we still have cats out here copping for $220+ and resell prices

and nike and jordan don't mind deceiving people. they have done it in the past and recently

China Accuses Nike of False Advertising Over Kobe Shoes
Brand issues an apology and refunds.
BY BRENDAN DUNNE
MAR 16, 2017
SHARE TWEET

Image via Nike
China's state-run television station called out Nike on Wednesday, addressing a 2016 issue over the brand's description of a pair of Kobe sneakers. According to CGTN, the claim of false advertising stems from a 2016 social media post from Nike saying the shoes had its Zoom cushioning technology.

The sneaker at the center of the controversy is the Nike Hyperdunk '08 FTB, a retro shoe released as part of the "Fade to Black" pack referencing Kobe Bryant's retirement.

CGTN reports that Nike Basketball posted about the shoes on social media platform Weibo last April, mentioning that they had Zoom in the soles. One customer found that wasn't the case after buying a pair and cutting them open, and discovered that others online had realized the same after some research. Customers formed a group to file their complaint, and received confirmation from Nike that the sneakers lacked Zoom.

Per CGTN, Nike agreed to refund purchases for consumers who were misled by the inaccurate info.

China Central Television addressed the Kobe sneaker incident in its annual consumer rights day show. The program has leveraged such claims against Nike before, saying in 2012 that the sportswear giant misled shoppers about the cushioning in its shoes.

Nike has apologized for the Kobe sneaker mishap, saying that it offered compensation to consumers as soon as it was made aware of the issue.

"Nike is committed to providing consumers with the highest product quality and service and we will fully cooperate with the government regulators regarding their inquiry," a Nike spokesperson tells Sole Collector. Per Nike, 300 pairs of the shoes featuring the inaccurate description were sold in China.

While there's been no controversy around the shoes in the U.S., it appears that a page on Nike's North American website contains misleading information about the same shoe. At the time of writing, the Nike Hyperdunk '08 FTB page here mentions a Zoom unit in the heel. A Nike rep hasn't been able to confirm with Sole Collector whether pairs sold in America differ from the ones in China, but there's not much precedent for such a disparity.

Some pairs of the Nike Hyperdunk retros recently released actually do use Zoom in the heel. As noted by Wear Testers last July, the "United We Rise" reissue featured the cushioning. Nike's been up front about the pairs lacking Zoom in the past, its copy describing shoes as having a "foam midsole" instead.

CCTV's comparison of the "United We Rise" Hyperdunk '08 with Zoom (left) and the FTB pair without (right), image via Fastpass
What's more, the Nike Hyperdunk '08 sneakers discussed here are retro models not truly intended for performance wear. Had Nike misrepresented the technology used in a modern design actually meant for present-day, on-court wear, the error would certainly be more egregious.

These mishaps over sneaker info are not entirely new to Nike's website. Nike-owned Jordan Brand recently came under fire in the U.S. over a product page for its Air Jordan 15 retro that falsely described the shoe as having two Zoom Air units.

If ball shoes are so better now then why do we see more legs snapping word to Paul George and Gordon Hayward

If ball shoes are so better now then why do we see more legs snapping word to Paul George and Gordon Hayward
Speaking on basketball shoes:
The shoes get slightly better but what getting better is the "Marketing"

were only human, no human is prone from injury.

Back
Top Bottom