Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

New tech isn’t always better tech. For me nothing new has beat the Kobe 6 for overall performance and comfort. Would full-length zoom and a flight plate make them better? Probably. But nothing that has those things has an upper that fits me as well. If you like a mid with a light, flexible, but stable upper and a wide forefoot and good grip, the 11 is probably still a good bet for you.

You don’t think there is a correlation between ankle injuries and ankle support? No his ankles weren’t visibly taped either.

Idk bout y’all but I would never hoop in lows for that reason

I also wouldn't ball in lows and, yes, I agree that there is a correlation between ankle support and ankle related injuries.
But if you look at the Hayward injury, it was the weird way he came down as his leg was trapped under him. Wouldn't have mattered if he had high tops or better taping. Same with PG13, those injuries were just freak occurrences.

I also wouldn't ball in lows and, yes, I agree that there is a correlation between ankle support and ankle related injuries.
But if you look at the Hayward injury, it was the weird way he came down as his leg was trapped under him. Wouldn't have mattered if he had high tops or better taping. Same with PG13, those injuries were just freak occurrences.
True it was a freak accident idk tho man if dude had been taped up with some highs on, who knows (hypothetically)?

I’d bet he doesn’t wear lows anymore though.

I would compare balling in Jordans like athletic apparel. Back in the day (and still today) you threw on a cotton tee & some sweats. Now there are all sorts of moisture wicking dry fit tops “aerodynamic” shorts etc. Now, if you’re a track & field athlete competing in the olympics then obviously you’ll go for the new tech. But if you are joggin thru the neighborhood or throwin up bricks at the ymca then a tee/sweats are just fine. I understand not wanting to mess them up but if ppl want to play basketball in em then hey go for it. Probably will wear out (eventually) like any shoe, but they bought em they can do what they want. These things may not have futuristic tech but they aint gonna be crumbling like a saltine cracker on your feet. Also the fancy insole thing can easily solve any comfort problems so although I probably wont play in em mainly bc i dont want someone scuffing up the patent and then wanting to kill myself, I can certainly understand why ppl would wanna ball in them.
Disclaimer: The 78 pairs i have bought are NOT for sale.
Disclaimer #2: Yes im being extremely sarcastic and would never own 78 pairs of the same exact shoe. Bought 1 pair and they are pretty sweet

My main focus is that it's the design of the shoe and the materials and aspects that comprise it which contribute to why they hold up well. The traction, stability, mobility, and so on are still good on court today which makes these very playable shoes (with a top of the line insole of course.) I don't see anyone playing in a pair of chucks simply because they put expensive insoles in them.
These people are ridiculous bro, Bill Russel won 9 rings hooping in chucks and he didn't have no damn orthopedic insoles either lol. Chucks are basically socks with shoe strings. Retros are fine to hoop in. People have just been spoiled with all of the newer tech.

Everyone wanna be negative and saying these sitting bc a few stores still have them. To me the real question is how many Nike/Jordan sold. I bet that would be a more shocking number. Has to be over a mill, right?

bc jb always gotta ruin some sh*t! this shoe woulda been perfect/flawless had they simply stitched the 45, but nnooooo. they gotta give us some cut corners sh*t that they know will peel off after a few wears. sh*t is bad, b... :stoneface:

Or maybe they gave us what people are always complaining about. People beg for everything OG, JB gives us OG, and people still complain :smh:

Can’t please everyone I guess

bc jb always gotta ruin some sh*t! this shoe woulda been perfect/flawless had they simply stitched the 45, but nnooooo. they gotta give us some cut corners sh*t that they know will peel off after a few wears.

Agree. Pisses me off when they cut corners like this. I can see through their cheap ways. Quality inspired by the greatest player ever. They should always remember that but sadly they don't. Jerks.

I’d also love to know the age of the people who are complaining about this shoe in any way. Being 34 myself, I know damn well nothing is perfect. If you’re picky enough, anyone can find a flaw with anything in this world.

Back
Top Bottom