Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

Meh. Still have my DMPs, and while that was a fun release and all, it was always just a substitute for my real favorite, the concords. I still have two pairs of DS 2018 concords, and a very lightly worn pair, so I have zero need for these. Glad people who want them will be able to have them again, though. I just hope this doesn't mean another concord release (with 23 on the back) will be held for another six or seven years, since such a similar colorway is now dropping this year.
Also, JB is straight-up giving the middle finger to everyone who keeps waiting for columbias in the current mold LOL. I don't care at all for that colorway, but a lot of people seem to, and it's the only OG remaining to be redone. JB is giving those the white/red 12 treatment, seems like.

It's a nice shoe, but the timing is pretty lame with the Concord still fresh in our minds and circulation. That said, it's been 4 years I supposed. The Black Infrared 6 was 5 years between releases, which seemed fast. I guess it's defendable, however, with so many other options, I'm a bit surprised. Personally passing. Concords are still one of a very few DS shoes I own. No need for these. That said, no doubt they'll sell out.

It's a nice shoe, but the timing is pretty lame with the Concord still fresh in our minds and circulation. That said, it's been 4 years I supposed. The Black Infrared 6 was 5 years between releases, which seemed fast. I guess it's defendable, however, with so many other options, I'm a bit surprised. Personally passing. Concords are still one of a very few DS shoes I own. No need for these. That said, no doubt they'll sell out.
Exactly. It'll be all the people who either missed out the 2018s or have beaten their pair(s) into the ground who are going hard for these. I know there's a subgroup of people/collectors who just want to have every release, too. Other than that, for everyone who still has fresh concords, what's the point of buying these?

I'd love it if they replaced the flimsy plastic jump man with the metal/thicker plastic jump man they used on the Jubilees. That and make the gold "23" stamp darker/more bold or make it stitched.

these were $300 retail for both on release day and this local shop sold them for $400. i remember passing because i wasn't used to the idea of resell. came back an hour later to cop and they sold out w the quickness

Exactly. It'll be all the people who either missed out the 2018s or have beaten their pair(s) into the ground who are going hard for these. I know there's a subgroup of people/collectors who just want to have every release, too. Other than that, for everyone who still has fresh concords, what's the point of buying these?
I have 2 pairs of crispy cords at home. This is a different shoe to me…

Really wanted Columbias but these will do. In for a pair or 2.

I have 2 pairs of crispy cords at home. This is a different shoe to me…

Really wanted Columbias but these will do. In for a pair or 2.
Fair enough. From eight feet away it’s the same, though. Only shoe nerds know the difference LOL. Maybe that’s the appeal, though? I’m just not wired that way. I see these and think, cool but concords are better so what’s the point if I have concords? Just me though 🤷‍♂️

Fair enough. From eight feet away it’s the same, though. Only shoe nerds know the difference LOL. Maybe that’s the appeal, though? I’m just not wired that way. I see these and think, cool but concords are better so what’s the point if I have concords? Just me though 🤷‍♂️
Hopefully they come with the clear sole and not the icy blue. That’s what really makes these a different shoe imo. I kept my 2011’s hoping that eventually that blue tint would go away and they would look more like the 2000 retro. Never happened. That’s why I like the DMP a lot. It’s a lot closer to the 2000 retro which I loved. The 2018 is the closest to the OG hands down. But that 2000 retro was beautiful.

these is gonna be nicer than the concords in terms of quality.
I doubt that. Those concords were the best of the remastered pairs. They took a step back in my opinion the very next year. The playoffs were a bit disappointing to me after they had just nailed it the previous year with the concords. The 2018 was as close to a perfect retro as we will ever see.

I doubt that. Those concords were the best of the remastered pairs. They took a step back in my opinion the very next year. The playoffs were a bit disappointing to me after they had just nailed it the previous year with the concords. The 2018 was as close to a perfect retro as we will ever see.
Only thing off on the playoffs was the shade of red on the outsole, other than that they nailed it.

Only thing off on the playoffs was the shade of red on the outsole, other than that they nailed it.
The shade of red and I also feel like the thickness and quality of the PL got worse. At least on my pair the PL was definitely cheaper looking on my playoffs. It probably doesn’t help that I have OG and 2001 pairs of playoffs to compare them to. Probably was part of the reason I just wasn’t feelin’ them like I thought I would. Still was a solid retro though. I’ve liked all of the OG remastered 11’s so far but those Cord’s are definitely my favorite.

Regardless of how thick or thin the PL are, they all gonna look ****ty once they got creases on em, so its irrelevant to me on the thickness of the PL. i still own the og playoff i wore in the 90s, not that big of a diff compared to the cool greys i got last year

Back
Top Bottom