Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

effing Nike and their swoosh shipping boxes got me worried now>D definitely gonna try n hit the footsites app first and secure a couple of pairs in-store>D NDC would be my last resort if all else fails:rolleyes

Just caught up on the thread. This box thing is nuts. Nike made a bad decision there. Even before this idiocy: This is why I have all my packages delivered to my office. Stupid move, Nike. Stupid. :stoneface:

Super clean

36C9A45A-870B-47D3-B218-2AEF46EF69AF.jpeg
53A56B52-93EE-4310-8351-1CEE14DC3394.jpeg
36C9A45A-870B-47D3-B218-2AEF46EF69AF.jpeg
53A56B52-93EE-4310-8351-1CEE14DC3394.jpeg
54B3EF9E-8763-4DBB-8277-C30087A5635C.jpeg
533C0F44-FC3F-4C85-8FBA-F9436D912FA9.jpeg

Just caught up on the thread. This box thing is nuts. Nike made a bad decision there. Even before this idiocy: This is why I have all my packages delivered to my office. Stupid move, Nike. Stupid. :stoneface:

I changed my shipping address years ago for the same reason. Tracking my packages, they always seem to show up to my house address before lunch noon. So I would drive all the way home just to retrieve my package. Nothing ever got stolen before this. Just needed to secure to package.

Now that I get all my packages ship to the job, everyone calls me the box king....lol. I get 3-4 shipments of shoes and/or clothing a week!!!

Yeah. Sucks about the box thing. Depends where you live and if you have the ups my choice or fed ex app. You can always have it picked up at a location or a hub. At least you know your package will be safe.

Yep, I got mad worried when I received my Air Max Plus this week and saw the "new brown shipping box". The box caught me off guard.

Why do that around holiday with the new box smh

To remind people who see it that they need to make that last minute Nike holiday purchase...Dad needs some new socks? Oh yeah Nike...Son needs a new hoodie? Oh that’s right Nike...

Free advertising at the expense of already paying customers...

Any estimates of how many they’re producing on these?

Trying to gauge how tough it’s going to be to pick these up on a walk in.

Any estimates of how many they’re producing on these?

Trying to gauge how tough it’s going to be to pick these up on a walk in.

everyones saying its more than 1 million pairs. its a holiday 11. imo i dont think its gonna be too hard. plus there will be restocks upon restocks upon restocks.

Is the “mass production causes crap quality” claim now debunked? These are the most produced jordan, yet almost all of your pairs have great QC. Doesn’t this mean JB was just playing games before?

Is the “mass production causes crap quality” claim now debunked? These are the most produced jordan, yet almost all of your pairs have great QC. Doesn’t this mean JB was just playing games before?

One could argue it was them working the bugs out of the mass produced single release drop...

BUT

I’m still on the financial gain tip though...Saved them money, and in fact increased their profits, for well over a decade...While they were using sub par materials, sub par qc, in sub par factories, they were also steady increasing the price on the consumers end...

Anyone know the price of the old slide out box? I can’t find a 2011 box anywhere on eBay and since I stack all my 11s in the slide out boxes and the OG box that comes with these Concords doesn’t look right next to the others. I’d even consider buying a replica box at this point so I could store them properly tbh.

Last edited:

I mean technically they cut costs and downgraded the release, quality wise, by giving us a cheap OG box vs the old AJ 11 slide out box.

that giant plastic insert with the hole and the XI probably saved them a buttload of money by itself.

they didnt save that much, card board is card board and wholesale prices. not that much more paper being used in general

more than likely the savings came as above said, the plastic insert

Yep, sorry I should have clarified re: box with plastic insert. The slide out box does have the metallic circle pull out so that definitely costs a bit more than just cardboard. Also, the higher quality wax-like, carbon fiber print paper folded over the shoes as well. They kept the shoe trees the same so those costs are the same.

I remember seein an air line save 25k a year from removing 1 olive from the first class salad

yea i read about that. i think it was american airlines. they removed 1 olive from each passengers' salad and saved like 40k as a result. wasnt even no first class salad, just regular old salad. thats crazy lol

Back
Top Bottom