Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

Today's finishline restock reinforced for me how ridiculous people sound when they think they will grab a shoe via a restock that they were unable to get on release day. The restocks are all luck and are much harder than grabbing on release day, yet people talk like its a walk in the park when they occur.
Restocks remind me of Vegas. Everyone walks in with so much hope, yet they all have so little chance. Everynow & then a winner walks out but will most certainly come back to lose again. The cheaters always have better odds (bots) making everyone elses odds even worse. In the end, your better off working for your money (footapps/ground work).

Today's finishline restock reinforced for me how ridiculous people sound when they think they will grab a shoe via a restock that they were unable to get on release day. The restocks are all luck and are much harder than grabbing on release day, yet people talk like its a walk in the park when they occur.

This, I could literally copy and paste what I said 30 pages ago: If you have to work during the day or have something else to do, you can't catch these on restock. Better off waiting for an ebay coupon and paying an extra $10 over retail and not stress it.

i guess nike needs to make more shoes or are a lot of them bought by resellers to sell a few years down the line?

This, I could literally copy and paste what I said 30 pages ago: If you have to work during the day or have something else to do, you can't catch these on restock. Better off waiting for an ebay coupon and paying an extra $10 over retail and not stress it.

Exactly. That's what I've always thought about restocks as well. Every once in a random while I've caught something, but even though I sit in my own office in front of a computer all day (always with an NT etc window open), it's really difficult to hit. So I also laugh when I see people talking about "I'll just get these on a restock" as if it's that simple.

It does surprise me how high these are running right now on ebay. I thought they would be lower than that. There seems to be thousands of them on there. Some really bad fakes as well.

It does surprise me how high these are running right now on ebay. I thought they would be lower than that. There seems to be thousands of them on there. Some really bad fakes as well.

I'm debating with myself now about how I want to get my fourth and probably final pair. The more I think about it, as said above, the chances of actually scoring on a restock seems pretty slim in all reality. Could grab a pair off GOAT right now for about $285. That's about $45 more than what a retail-priced pair is in CA with tax. I don't have any reason to rush into another pair but at the same time, I sort of just want it to be done with so I'm tempted to just grab now. I guess at this point, I've waited three weeks, may as well hold off and see what the true restock situation turns out to be this month and if I don't score on one, I'll pull the GOAT trigger at that point.

I thought about getting another on ebay but damn. I really thought they would be around the 270ish range max.

I thought about getting another on ebay but damn. I really thought they would be around the 270ish range max.

Yeah I hear ya. I personally am done with buying shoes on eBay, at least shoes like this where I know fakes--some of them really good--are rampant. I'm not entirely confident StockX (especially) and GOAT don't let fakes through, but at least there's an extra layer of attempted protection from them. I know every dollar counts and the $220 MSRP is steep enough on these already, but for this shoe, I'd rather spend an extra few bucks with GOAT if need be than worry even more about getting fakes. I totally understand your point, though, believe me.

I'm debating with myself now about how I want to get my fourth and probably final pair. The more I think about it, as said above, the chances of actually scoring on a restock seems pretty slim in all reality. Could grab a pair off GOAT right now for about $285. That's about $45 more than what a retail-priced pair is in CA with tax. I don't have any reason to rush into another pair but at the same time, I sort of just want it to be done with so I'm tempted to just grab now. I guess at this point, I've waited three weeks, may as well hold off and see what the true restock situation turns out to be this month and if I don't score on one, I'll pull the GOAT trigger at that point.
Honest opinion of that, just go ahead and get em. You have already invested enough money in the release with 3 pairs already. Not trying to speak for you, but if money is not a problem then just get your piece of mind now. On the flip side, ya got 3 deep. So the convenience of waiting is in your corner for sure. Im sure resell will drop, but I have no idea when obviously. Didnt think they would be this high now. I hate waiting. So it really all depends on what the 4th means I guess.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Nike does a surprise restock around Super Bowl time. That would be their style.

Honest opinion of that, just go ahead and get em. You have already invested enough money in the release with 3 pairs already. Not trying to speak for you, but if money is not a problem then just get your piece of mind now. On the flip side, ya got 3 deep. So the convenience of waiting is in your corner for sure. Im sure resell will drop, but I have no idea when obviously. Didnt think they would be this high now. I hate waiting. So it really all depends on what the 4th means I guess.

I'm leaning that way but I'm going to hold off another week or three. You're right, I totally don't need another pair at the moment. It's just that I'd rather get the last pair I planned for and not think about it anymore. But since I've waited till now, another couple weeks won't hurt, and while I doubt I'll come through on the restocks, you never know. $240 is better than $280 or $295 or whatever it comes to with shipping from GOAT. I'm not made of money and I need to clear my credit card from the holiday shopping, meals, movies etc. The good thing with the concords for me is, my three pairs so far (and the fourth will be the same) didn't actually cost me anything new because I sold six pairs of shoes recently on StockX and pocketed close to $1300. So basically I traded those shoes for three pairs so far plus $500 or thereabouts. So I'm going to come out slightly ahead of where I started, regardless. I'd still rather pay less than more, though, believe me LOL

Back
Top Bottom