Air Jordan 11 Retro "Prom Night" QS May 26 2018

Hell bent on shoehorning that dumb backwards jumpman into the area that was clearly meant for it to be the other direction. So excruciatingly stupid.

And so the space jam remains the only 11 worth a damn in 15 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, the Cordura upper is synonymous with the Jordan 11, but I feel like they would've been too much like the Gammas. I just hope it's not that felt-like material that's on the back of the 72-10s.
But being similar to the 72-10s is ok?

I hated the columbias in 96 because they didn't have the mesh, and it's still just as wack without it today.

Hell bent on shoehorning that dumb backwards jumpman into the area that was clearly meant for it to be the other direction. So excruciatingly stupid.

And so the space jam remains the only 11 worth a damn in 15 years.
Truly agree with you. I have my own little beef with the 9s. Size/direction with the Jumpman. With it being a non og colorway, and all black, it don't bother me as much.

Last edited by a moderator:
But being similar to the 72-10s is ok?

I hated the columbias in 96 because they didn't have the mesh, and it's still just as wack without it today.
I actually wouldn't want them similar to the 72-10s.

If the shoe was a blacked out Columbia in terms of materials (I'm a fan of the Columbias, and a blacked out Columbia is what I thought we were getting), it'd differ from the 72-10s by having a smooth leather upper and not the tumbled stuff, have high-cut normal PL as opposed to that transparent and sparkly on the 72-10s, have Cordura/nylon eyelets and straps as opposed to the felt-like ones on the 72-10s, have a black midsole, and have a smoked out or icy-ish outsole as opposed to a milky white one. If you replaced what we have here on the "Prom Nights" with a Cordura upper, we essentially get a Gamma with higher cut PL, no maize or gamma hits (which were tiny to begin with), and no gamma pods on the bottom (which are on the sole).

A suede/nubuck upper actually never even crossed my mind, but I'm cool with it being different in this way.

IMG_20180309_214714.jpg
Does anyone else remember this?:pimp:

If only that jumpman on the left shoe was reversed :smh:

I mean that whole entire spacing was made to fit the jumpman that way!

I'm starting to turn heel on these... I like the upper a lot, but still think the sole should have been darker... I think I'll grab a pair if they aren't near impossible to get.

Edit:is it just me or does the patent seem even higher cut, than any other 11 retro you've seen?.?

I don't want to give any ideas to JB. But I recall when Flyknit was first introduced in 08 at a Nike Conference, there was a clip of a Jordan XI with a flyknit upper. Where can I see those again?

Really should have been the same color sole they put on them referee lows. Still dope nonetheless

Even a smoked color like the OG bred I.E lows would have been better, these look like the same color soles as the gammas to me... hopefully it's just the lighting...

Back
Top Bottom