Air Jordan 11 Retro "Prom Night" QS May 26 2018

Okay so we are supposed to go to a prom night, or a date wearing these?

Or we are supposed to go to weddings, meetings with these as if they are formal shoes?

Is that the reason why it is called Prom Night?
MJ loved dress shoes. He wanted a sneaker that could pull that look off. A shoe that looked formal and at the same time met his requirements of a comfortable sneaker. He pushed Tinker to do this years before the XI came out in 95. Finally he did it. JB taking that story and running with it again. Just like the XI low tuxedo from a few years ago.

MJ loved dress shoes. He wanted a sneaker that could pull that look off. A shoe that looked formal and at the same time met his requirements of a comfortable sneaker. He pushed Tinker to do this years before the XI came out in 95. Finally he did it. JB taking that story and running with it again. Just like the XI low tuxedo from a few years ago.
That’s great
I seemed to have the same mentality as MJ

These three years trying to chase after a sneaker that I can walk into meeting room......

I came up with Cyber Monday 3s, Pinnacle Air Max 1s

Now I can walk into meeting room with Prom Night 11s if I don’t take L

I already know this high patent cut is going to bother me. But everything else about this shoe I like. Leather like 72-10 uppers would’ve been A1, but I’m just glad they didn’t go full mesh.

I love all black Jordans. Ive always wanted an all black xi that can be worn with anything. While the nickname isn't my favorite, pretty stoked about this release. Its a special occasion and everyday type shoe. So it works for me. Just hope they aren't too much of a pain to get.

IMG_20180310_222123.jpg

So we take the 2013 gammas and 2016 space jam mold, combine both and we have the prom night 11s.

Not saying the cw looks bad, I’ll just be opting for the Katrina 3s instead

Last edited:
Maybe it's just not suppose to be a everyday shoe...
It wouldn't be for me. I'm just saying it could if you chose. An all black shoe works with everything. These would def be a dress up type sneaker. Now that I said that I wait for the 'that's so lame" comments.:D

I already know this high patent cut is going to bother me. But everything else about this shoe I like. Leather like 72-10 uppers would’ve been A1, but I’m just glad they didn’t go full mesh.
That’s right your argue is valid

Remember those nylon mesh backpacks from early 90s early 2000s? Some have Barney & Friends printed on, some are free......... That’s how I feel about sneakers having mesh

Cheap

Same thing for Air Max 1s mesh.
I appreciate leather toebox AM1s

I feel 72-10 leather upper is tacky. But leather is the best option for upper here.

Now I appreciate Prom Night XI suede upper....... it’s not just some “triple black Jordans”

Okay so we are supposed to go to a prom night, or a date wearing these?

Or we are supposed to go to weddings, meetings with these as if they are formal shoes?

Is that the reason why it is called Prom Night?
Nah, Concords are for weddings. These are for funerals, job interviews, Prom night and your occasional board meeting. Breds are for dropping 40 on fools, set tripping on fools, stuttin' on fools at the mall, club, or anywhere for for that matter and Columbias are for baby showers. I thought this was established already?

I was hyped when I found out a triple black XI was dropping, then I saw the official pics.

That suede upper is no bueno, should've been mesh, and the bluish sole just throws the whole triple black look off.

Good luck to all those trying to cop, but I'm meh about these now.

Back
Top Bottom