Air Jordan 11 Space Jam-December 10, 2016-$220

JB is changing every OG retro back to its OG colors. Aqua's, Bordeaux's, cements, Hares etc. I know people are going to be hurt when they release the Infrareds with a darker Infrared

I can't wait. Damn that pink they used last time.

yeah discipline, I was like I'm going to UDS them in a few years, break necks then the whole retro thing started to blow up....... Never wore them. I'll sell them to some collector one day. They are my grails, I know people use that loosely, But to me they started the whole fashionable sneaker trend, XI 's that is. I loved the Knicks as a kid and I would never buy Jordans, But when he retired these were a nice compliment to Knick colors. 

Okay, this is how I'm going to choose to look at this situation. He wore the purple Jumpman in that series before he wore them in the movie. That makes them just a PE sample and not a shoe exclusive to the movie. For me the purple pair will be special in its own way but will not be the 'Space Jam' to me.

I will look at the blue Space Jam as a commemorative shoe. Nike often takes models and gives them colorways to honor past events even tho they aren't the exact colorway that was worn on court (DMPs, LeBron Championship Packs, etc.). That is how I will continue to look at the pair with the blue jumpman. It's not the pair he wore in the movie but it was made to commemorate the movie. Both pairs will be special for me.

I would not have copped another blue pair but if the purple pair is done correctly (proper phrase on tongue, proper slight blue tint on sole), I will likely cop.

As for the question about NBA dress code, the NBA required white or black based sneakers with team color accents. The entire team had to wear either black or white. Several teams, including the Bulls, wore white for the regular season and black for the playoffs. MJ pulled out the concords for the Magic Playoff series and was told he couldn't wear them anymore cuz they were white based and his team was wearing black. That's why he wore the Flight Ones for a game then pulled out the black 11 sample he had.

Okay, this is how I'm going to choose to look at this situation. He wore the purple Jumpman in that series before he wore them in the movie. That makes them just a PE sample and not a shoe exclusive to the movie. For me the purple pair will be special in its own way but will not be the 'Space Jam' to me.

I will look at the blue Space Jam as a commemorative shoe. Nike often takes models and gives them colorways to honor past events even tho they aren't the exact colorway that was worn on court (DMPs, LeBron Championship Packs, etc.). That is how I will continue to look at the pair with the blue jumpman. It's not the pair he wore in the movie but it was made to commemorate the movie. Both pairs will be special for me.

I would not have copped another blue pair but if the purple pair is done correctly (proper phrase on tongue, proper slight blue tint on sole), I will likely cop.

As for the question about NBA dress code, the NBA required white or black based sneakers with team color accents. The entire team had to wear either black or white. Several teams, including the Bulls, wore white for the regular season and black for the playoffs. MJ pulled out the concords for the Magic Playoff series and was told he couldn't wear them anymore cuz they were white based and his team was wearing black. That's why he wore the Flight Ones for a game then pulled out the black 11 sample he had.
Croatianstyle gots a pair from the actual movie.jumpman is concord purple.

Just look at them as what Royal 1's are to the ones. That's all they are.

No they're not. Even though the 2000 Deep Infrared is undoubtedly better than the 1991 release and aged 1000x better, they're going to keep it with that 1991\2014 infrared color scheme with the Aquabuck.
The 2000 release felt like walking on concrete. They were hell to play in. Plus the 'nubuck' fell apart as well as the sole. Nothing about them aged well at all. Those shoes were garbage.

People are still going to cop. Hype beast don't know what color the jump man is suppose to be.

he's talking about the Infrareds and he's right. The Durabuck peeled peeled off when i pressed my finger into it when I bought a pair in 2011. Looked great but quality was horrible long term. Only people who've owned them would know
I rocked a 2K Pair until I traded them for some Fire Reds a couple years back. It chipped a bit, but it was okay. Rocked easily 200+ times from what I recall. The dude offered me some 91 beaters with the soles swapped, the sock liner on those felt like sandpaper and the durabuck was so dull looking, even in photos from 91'.

Last edited:
Purple showed up as blue back then with the cameras they were filming space jam on. Jumpman was always meant to be concord as these were the away version of the concords but they were samples tinker didn't want MJ wearing blah blah blah

Major blow to hypebeast everywhere. I love it! Hope they throw the 45 on the back as well.

Last edited:
Purple showed up as blue back then with the cameras they were filming space jam on. Jumpman was always meant to be concord as these were the away version of the concords but they were samples tinker didn't want MJ wearing blah blah blah

Major blow to hypebeast everywhere. I love it! Hope they throw the 45 on the back as well.

Concord jumpman is ok. The 45 is going too far. The only number that should be on these shoes is the 23. I am copping no matter what we're getting though and so is everyone else! Ain't no one really passing on these no matter how much y'all talk!

Concord jumpman is ok. The 45 is going too far. The only number that should be on these shoes is the 23. I am copping no matter what we're getting though and so is everyone else! Ain't no one really passing on these no matter how much y'all talk!

CroatianStyle's pair, which JB is using for inspiration, has "23" stitched on the heel...Wouldn't worry about the "45"...

Last edited:
If anything I think the purple jumpman will get more people to cop. A lot of people already have blue. Hypebeasts will get hung up on how there are the real space jams. Even most people that prefer purple won't have a problem with these when December comes. Baltimore will be off the hook for these with that purple.

1354402402_birdman-rubbing-hands.gif

I would have been more excited for this release had they dropped before I saw/had the 72-10. I still will cop but the 72-10 looks better IMO.

I would have been more excited for this release had they dropped before I saw/had the 72-10. I still will cop but the 72-10 looks better IMO.

72-10 are dope, i love my pair but

Space Jam >>>>>> 72-10 on everyday ending in y

Back
Top Bottom