AIR JORDAN 12 Cherry Holiday 2023 - Release October 28, 2023 - Good Luck!!!

1694113956945.png

I mean I’ve had two pairs of OG white/reds in my lifetime and speaking for myself personally, as long as it’s not a dark asss red like the one that came out in ‘09, I would be happy. That bright red like the jerseys Jordan wore in the 90’s is my favorite type of red and seeing any color close to that on his kicks is a win for me

I mean I’ve had two pairs of OG white/reds in my lifetime and speaking for myself personally, as long as it’s not a dark asss red like the one that came out in ‘09, I would be happy. That bright red like the jerseys Jordan wore in the 90’s is my favorite type of red and seeing any color close to that on his kicks is a win for me
He didn't wear the same red across the 90's though. The Early 90's home jersey with red has more of a pinkish/bright hue to it. The jerseys from 97-98 have a darker red which the OG Cherrys match pretty damn close.

He didn't wear the same red across the 90's though. The Early 90's home jersey with red has more of a pinkish/bright hue to it. The jerseys from 97-98 have a darker red which the OG Cherrys match pretty damn close.
I am not disagreeing with you at all here. But up to the 1992-93 season, the jerseys were screen printed . That season was the first to go with the embroidered numbers and letters. I think the red was the same. The only difference may have been the gloss look the screen printed jerseys gave appearing to be a brighter red.
9ab3a24d27c2ecdd41b3f51f5600ab28.jpg
e970e7d4cb5728a9c088ccbfc5897e34.jpg

If you have the OG jerseys side by side the difference in the shade of red is pretty noticeable. I thought that's why the infrared was used on the 6's. Maybe I'll pull them out and do some color sampling to see what they are, but it's not the lack of black around the red print. All I'm saying is the Cherry XII match the 97-98 uniform red both home and away almost perfectly.

It was never bright red though. Sorry, owned these and played a full season in them. Just wasn't the color you see in some of the retros and definitely all over the fugazis

I didn’t say it was “bright” red. The og pair you posted 100% were not that exact hue deadstock so you can’t make a truly accurate comparison from those is my point

But tbh I’d take proper shape with the color being off if I had to chose

I didn’t say it was “bright” red. The og pair you posted 100% were not that exact hue deadstock so you can’t make a truly accurate comparison from those is my point
Just never seen any photo of MJ wearing them where they look close to the color of the off pairs. Yeah everything is more vivid new but this was always a rich, darker red… almost like… a cherry?

OGs show more loss of vividness in the sole which was always brighter and meant to pop a little against the midsole

Back
Top Bottom