AIR JORDAN 12 Cherry Holiday 2023 - Release October 28, 2023 - Good Luck!!!

62681610781__5BB5A123-FDE7-4F05-9F24-F6E45190EC37.jpeg

These are my OGs, I’ve worn them a ton..hope this helps for color reference

62681610781__5BB5A123-FDE7-4F05-9F24-F6E45190EC37.jpeg

These are my OGs, I’ve worn them a ton..hope this helps for color reference
Those are in primo condition. The plastic tabs have cracked on a lot of OG pairs by now and have to be swapped out. I really don’t think they’ve lost much of the original color. Even the contrast between the side panels and tabs is still strong.

This is why I hate when these modern sneaker leakers keep using that ~True to OG specs~ tag on the original colorway drops for sneakers…It sets up this artificial hype among fans getting them to think Nike made some big sweeping changes to these pairs, when more often than not they absolutely aren’t going to invest in the effort it takes to totally fix these issues…Looking at other recently / soon to be released 12’s, it’s obvious these weren’t going to get things like shape and material usage fixed…Military Blue 4’s are falling into this same category for a bunch of people…

Expecting every drop to get the Jordan 4 SB treatment is just setting yourself up for disappointment…It’s just not an approach Nike is going to take…Tempering your expectations early for these OG colorways is the best approach despite what these sneaker IG fools might try and say…

They got the red closer to OG and didn’t go ultra chrome on the lace loops and that’s good enough for me to get down with a pair…

This is why I hate when these modern sneaker leakers keep using that ~True to OG specs~ tag on the original colorway drops for sneakers…It sets up this artificial hype among fans getting them to think Nike made some big sweeping changes to these pairs, when more often than not they absolutely aren’t going to invest in the effort it takes to totally fix these issues…Looking at other recently / soon to be released 12’s, it’s obvious these weren’t going to get things like shape and material usage fixed…Military Blue 4’s are falling into this same category for a bunch of people…

Expecting every drop to get the Jordan 4 SB treatment is just setting yourself up for disappointment…It’s just not an approach Nike is going to take…Tempering your expectations early for these OG colorways is the best approach despite what these sneaker IG fools might try and say…

They got the red closer to OG and didn’t go ultra chrome on the lace loops and that’s good enough for me to get down with a pair…
I just had a prolonged argument with someone about this on IG I think it was under zsneaks post and I said the same. His response was yall shape warriors kill Mr. I said you are the customer Nike likes takes whatever they give no questions asked. We can at least hold them accountable and not lie for marketing

I just had a prolonged argument with someone about this on IG I think it was under zsneaks post and I said the same. His response was yall shape warriors kill Mr. I said you are the customer Nike likes takes whatever they give no questions asked. We can at least hold them accountable and not lie for marketing
I think it just may be a pov thing. I'm assuming you actually owned and experienced the OGs firsthand, therefore most retros are going to be inferior to you. On the other hand, a lot of us never owned the true OGs so JB getting the true shape of the original drop right doesn't really mean much to us. I don't think either side is right or wrong in their thinking, it just depends on the perspective.

The shade of red looks good so far as I can tell. I’m definitely in for at least a pair cause who knows when these will drop again. Need more pics to see if the double up is confirmed.

Shape is still off ofc. I don’t get why they insist on giving us Slim Fast Diet 12’s. The playoff 13 shape earlier this year was dang near perfect, so it’s definitely possible.

Mine
I didn’t say it was “bright” red. The og pair you posted 100% were not that exact hue deadstock so you can’t make a truly accurate comparison from those is my point

But tbh I’d take proper shape with the color being off if I had to ch
20230603_105015.jpg
michael-jordan-of-the-chicago-bulls-1996-1997-season-PR4G1K.jpg
hb8opy7azgrwood1tuuo.jpg
michael_jordan.jpg

Mine were 100% DS when I got them, and the red is accurate to the brand new pair MJ wore on court in 97. I said it earlier, varsity red is the same color as cough drop red

Last edited:
Playoff 8’s, these, Fear 3s and “gratitudes”, likely in that order and that’s it for me for this year.

These look fantastic though. Happy with how they came out. I wouldn’t mind a shock drop, neither.

Back
Top Bottom