AIR JORDAN 12 RETRO - BLACK/WHITE/RED - 130690-001 - CONFIRMED 4/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
On another note, smh to all you cats who care about what other dudes wear to buy shoes. Sounds like some gaya$$ female type gossip #$%. Do you and don't worry about the next man

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

Usually a bunch of people in line start talking about their sneakers.

Just a topic of discussion really.

I don't see no harm in it.
Son, you talking about wearing BHM 3's...you think THOSE are heat?
roll.gif

sticker,375x360.png

Hmm...... what is 'heat'?
Definitions:

[color= rgb(51, 51, 51)]
[/color]

- the [color= rgb(51, 51, 51)]state[/color] [color= rgb(51, 51, 51)]of[/color] a body perceived as [color= rgb(51, 51, 51)]having[/color] or generating a[color= rgb(51, 51, 51)]relatively[/color] high degree of warmth.

- [color= rgb(51, 51, 51)]the[/color] [color= rgb(51, 51, 51)]degree[/color] [color= rgb(51, 51, 51)]of hotness[/color]

So heat is basically what the consensus thinks is hot?

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

I hate when lines end up being a fashion show. The people in line are 95% males and 5% underrage females. Who are you trying to impress. The main objective is to buy shoes and you should focus on that. At the Cement IV line, this dude and his girl were taking turns every 15 mins or so going to the bathroom to change shoes. Like, the dude would get up and his girl would watch his spot and vice versa. They whipped out '99 Cements, 01 Black Cements, etc. Don't get me wrong, they had heat, but they also looked extremely stupid changing shoes every 15 minutes.

Lmaooo i hope youre kidding.
sick.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Minitsuj

Nike Town Santa Monica: There was maybe 5-6 people picking up their RSVP the same time as me. They made us check-in by signing our name to our Twitter handle/ID after checking our IDs and they called it in through their walkie-talkie. They even let one guy who goofed up his ID number in the DM by one digit to get his pair. Another employee walked down the stairs with our pairs and checked out with ease.

Nike Town Los Angeles: I was the only one at the time getting my pair. Went upstairs to give my ID to an employee and she brought out my pair. Scoped it out before I went down to pay and walked out happily.

It was interesting to see how each store had a different process. Not only was it easy and stress-free to get my pairs, but I'm sure it took a load off the employees on handling new releases.
did you go early or later in the day? I'm wondering how many people didnt pick their shoes up because they got lucky and copped on line.

The new process is definitely smooth, but i seemed to miss the last two twitter rsvp's. I preferred when NTLA sent a tweet to come stand in line to rsvp. Work less than 10 minutes from NTLA and it was easy for me to scoop a pair.

Originally Posted by asilva23

they run too big . . .
the quality is bad . . .
this guy is a hypebeast . . .

+!#@!!!

this is wut it's about:

anybody got beef, hit with a pm!
HELL TO THE YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What the heck are people saying about bad quality?

I must've struck gold with my pair. 

Originally Posted by lockdown36

Usually a bunch of people in line start talking about their sneakers.

Just a topic of discussion really.

I don't see no harm in it.

Honestly, 
I dont see the harm either.  Why you gotta hate.  If dudes want to wear their shoes while waiting in line, let them be.
No one cares if they wear them even though the fashion show gets old after awhile
The issue is whoever it may be thinking they are cool because they are wearing "heat" and im in vans

I was 4th in line at my HOH for this release had on some old vans had a hole in them and everythgin but they are mad comfortable

Kid had the nerve to look at me crazy and say to his friend "look what he has on his feet". I had to politely tell him "son I have more sneakers than you have teeth baby and adult so you might want to keep quiet." He was around 18 so he really wasn't a kid but still "I'm not cool" for not wearing "heat" huh??? 
laugh.gif
 ok

Ya'll sound dumb as hell...who the hell made it a rule to wear "heat" to go buy shoes?

Everytime I go "camp" I wear comfy shoes...Vans, Frees, AM, etc...

Some of ya'll speak some dumbness.

I rock some beaters. Note they'll be heat in the sense that they're cool retroes. But they're probably dogged. I rock pretty much as mentioned some comfortable clothes. Jogging pants or jeans, and a sweatshirt or hoodie. My feet usually my cg 3, metallic V 07, or Penny 2. As mentioned theyre cool imo due to em being retroes in that sense. But they're all beat to hell. $h!+ truthfully all I do is wake up and brush teeth when I gotta line up. Nothing fancy, just trying to snag my kicks and be out.

Originally Posted by casper90403

did you go early or later in the day? I'm wondering how many people didnt pick their shoes up because they got lucky and copped on line. 

A little bit past noon for SM. Around 3PM for LA.

I hate when lines end up being a fashion show. The people in line are 95% males and 5% underrage females. Who are you trying to impress. The main objective is to buy shoes and you should focus on that. At the Cement IV line, this dude and his girl were taking turns every 15 mins or so going to the bathroom to change shoes. Like, the dude would get up and his girl would watch his spot and vice versa. They whipped out '99 Cements, 01 Black Cements, etc. Don't get me wrong, they had heat, but they also looked extremely stupid changing shoes every 15 minutes.

YOU LIE.

eek.gif
laugh.gif
grin.gif
tired.gif
roll.gif

thats the corniest thing i ever heard

laugh.gif

Some Of Ya'll Cats In Here Need To Get Up, Get Out, And Stop Worryin' About What The Next Man Is Doing...... Like Really? Yall Care THAT MUCH About My Shoe Selection For The Day? Believe It Or Not, I've Spent THOUSANDS Of Dollars To WEAR My Shoes
eek.gif
LMFAO At Dudes Too Scared To Wear "Heat" To A Sneaker Release For Fear Of "Getting Got"
roll.gif
..... Guess That's Why I'm Thankful For Living Out Here In Colorado.........

And To Go On Record.....

I'm A 28 Year Old GROWN MAN.... My Sneaker Selection Today Had NOTHING To Do AT ALL With "Impressing Another Male"
eyes.gif
...... Just Like Any Other Day I Pick From My Collection Of 200+ Shoes
30t6p3b.gif

Some Of Yall Cats In Here STEADY Lookin Like Internet Goons
indifferent.gif

Member Base Gettin Dumber By The Year
tired.gif

does it bug you guys when dudes wear the actualy shoe to cop the same shoe? That always irritates the hell out of me. I'd rather be barefoot with toe nails that havent been cut in 3 weeks.

Pet peeve of mine.

Naw it don't bug me, I actually find it funny for some reason. I laugh at the subliminal stunting cuz to me its like a middle fingers to the ppl yet to get their pairs. At the Metallic Red foamposite release im happy someone was rocking theirs while in line cuz up to that point I never seen em in person. I was on the fence about getting em, and knew seeing em in person would be the deciding factor. However, I knew I couldn't waltz on in hours after to see a pair. Plus this was a midnight release and they were the only store in my city to carry em. I lined up anyway to cop and figured I could trade or sell if I didn't like em. Long story short when I seen em on dude feet I was happy I was in line, and was able to actually cop.

Originally Posted by SolexSup

Originally Posted by AirJaiden

I'm telling you bro. Every one was in $40 Vans trying to buy J's. I'm not hating on Vans or anything but I guess I was just expecting more. Oh well.

Honestly if i was to line up id probably show up in some vans or something comfortable. Not out there trying to impress anyone just trying to get my shoes.

People feel the need to like justify them being there. So ppl wont think they are a re seller so they show up in heat. I usually rock like my olympic or whatever everyone callin em, retro Vs, bc everytime i waited in line it was either snowing or raining. the patent leather clutch in the rain

you can't be serious. This did not happen in real life!
At first I thought Ducktales...but hell, when I was in line for the Concords (that I didn't get, an entirely different and bitter story 
mad.gif
) this teenage dude had on some BC3s...I had on some Coughdrop foams.  He mentioned how he liked them and wanted to get them but didn't...an hour later he goes to the car and comes back to the line wearing the pewter foams 
roll.gif

They were clean though. LOL

As for me, if I know that I'm gonna be standing in line for something (shoes, tvs on Black Friday, etc) I'm wearing something comfortable...for the WC 4s I had on my black/anth SC Trainer 2s.

My size 15 came with no hangtag and the right shoe back heel 3 was partially missing and the chrome laceholders are already peeling but im not gon complain cuz i almost left the mall empty handed

tumblr_m2lsys837A1r6jwmd.gif

Who does that? So they actually brought those sneakers with them to cop some shoes. They just making themselves targets to get robbed.

Barely made it to NTSF to pick up my pair from the twitter thing.
First time going there.
Traffic sucked *!! after I crossed that toll fee bridge.
Walked in not expecting to go up 5 floors to get to them lol.
Walked up to register at 12:59:31 , right before that 1pm mark.

No hangtag though.

Liking them though, happy with my purchase.

Originally Posted by marcushatten

Originally Posted by malcmoney

whos buying these for 300?

People are buggin thinkin they are gonna get that much. I woulnt pay over 200 shipped
ppl will realize soon, kinda like the chicago Xs. In a month or 2 theyll b much cheaper. i hope, i missed out last nite. I think im the only one, but im lookin forward to the Coolgrey/orange XIIs. I think theyre dope. Im sure theres lotttssssss of ppl on here who hate em, but pretty dope. those and hopefully taxis?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by marcushatten

Originally Posted by malcmoney

whos buying these for 300?

People are buggin thinkin they are gonna get that much. I woulnt pay over 200 shipped
its rediculous,  dudes will pull some "but those are ebay prices"  "flight club sells em for that much" 
laugh.gif

these dudes who get overly greedy price themselves out though.  it's one thing to sell em for around 230 shipped,  after paypal fees and shipping you end up with about a $35 profit and your stuff moves quickly,  dudes that want $270-280 or so end up screwing themselves in the long run,  they end up relisting their stuff over and over again because no one is going to pay their prices. they might get a sucker or 2 that panic on the release date, but aside from those people, most that missed out tend to hold out for the most reasonable price around.

on another note what's comedic to me is these clowns on the niketalk facebook talkin about "highest offer is so and so price."   if you want people to bid on your stuff stop being cheap and list em on ebay.    that highest offer crap is a joke,  most of the time the "highest offers" aren't even legit and if they are and you get a good offer your foolish to put that buyer on hold for a few days while you "test the waters" because if you do that, the majority of the time that potential buyer is going to take their money elsewhere.

anyhow enough with my rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom