Air Jordan 13 "Flint" May 30, 2020

Yeah man I’m sounding like a broken record I’m sorry but something is up with this release. I’m disappointed in myself for not having more patience to wait to check brick and mortar

Was able to scoop a pair size 11. Wonder if they will fit as i usually wear 11.5, but have some experience with jordans 13s being inconsistent. I have the chicagos 2016 on size 11 and they fit a little big, the breds from 2017 11.5 and fit perfect, HGG from 2010 in 11.5 fit a bit big. So hopefully they fit good and will not need to trade/sell to get a 11.5.

Was able to scoop a pair size 11. Wonder if they will fit as i usually wear 11.5, but have some experience with jordans 13s being inconsistent. I have the chicagos 2016 on size 11 and they fit a little big, the breds from 2017 11.5 and fit perfect, HGG from 2010 in 11.5 fit a bit big. So hopefully they fit good and will not need to trade/sell to get a 11.5.

Well if they don’t fit, I’ll gladly grab those from you lol.

Bstn didn't even load up. I'm not sure if bots can eat early, but if they can, they did.

Nike gave me a 'previous configuration can not be found'. No idea that that may mean. BSTN was locked up until sold out.

Curious if any kickscrew orders have come in yet for anybody here? Probably the cheapest option when no local options.

just got thru on BSTN with order confirm now i hope i actually get them and nothing gets cancelled etc...

In regards to the weirdness of this release, I see only three possibilities to explain it:

—As everyone hopes, there is stock that remains to be released for whatever reason and there’s a false perception of a shortage.

—Nike cut way back on production volume for whatever reason/underestimated demand for these.

—Flint 13s suddenly and bizarrely became one of the most popular Jordan retros of all time, as if this was a Concord release.

There’s all this talk about bots. Maybe that’s true to some degree, but bots aren’t new. So why THIS pair? Why not the fire red Vs just four weeks earlier? Why not the 11s back in just December? OK, Nike made a billion pairs of those ... which goes back to my point about production volume. There was no historical reason for resellers with bots to go absolutely ape**** for this release but not several others. So I’m not really buying the bot thing entirely to explain it all.

I got the Vs and black/red 11s no prob from BSTN. But THESE crash the site? That’s because of the ongoing difficulties for these so everyone over here hitting the Euro sites higher than usual, I suspect.

This has to be a supply issue. I can’t believe the true demand for Flints is the reason, even though it feels like it.

In regards to the weirdness of this release, I see only three possibilities to explain it:

—As everyone hopes, there is stock that remains to be released for whatever reason and there’s a false perception of a shortage.

—Nike cut way back on production volume for whatever reason/underestimated demand for these.

—Flint 13s suddenly and bizarrely became one of the most popular Jordan retros of all time, as if this was a Concord release.

There’s all this talk about bots. Maybe that’s true to some degree, but bots aren’t new. So why THIS pair? Why not the fire red Vs just four weeks earlier? Why not the 11s back in just December? OK, Nike made a billion pairs of those ... which goes back to my point about production volume. There was no historical reason for resellers with bots to go absolutely ape**** for this release but not several others. So I’m not really buying the bot thing entirely to explain it all.

I got the Vs and black/red 11s no prob from BSTN. But THESE crash the site? That’s because of the ongoing difficulties for these so everyone over here hitting the Euro sites higher than usual, I suspect.

This has to be a supply issue. I can’t believe the true demand for Flints is the reason, even though it feels like it.
This 1000%. I couldn’t have summed it up better that’s exactly how I feel. I think the most logical reason for this is there’s more unreleased inventory. Just seeing all the Ls posted on twitter widespread on rd had me thinking something is wrong here.

This 1000%. I couldn’t have summed it up better that’s exactly how I feel. I think the most logical reason for this is there’s more unreleased inventory. Just seeing all the Ls posted on twitter widespread on rd had me thinking something is wrong here.
The worst part is, it feeds on itself. Because of how it has gone down so far, when pairs do release, there are people snapping them up who wouldn't even have cared had RD over here gone the same as all the prior releases the past few years. It's possible this is some concocted genius strategy by Nike, but it feels unlikely to me. Whatever the reason, it also breeds paranoia. How many times in this thread have some people mentioned that this is the "new norm" and all of that? Again, anything is possible, but Nike's revenue goals make a reversion by JB to the circa 2011 nonsense extremely unlikely. They got away from that for a reason, not out of the goodness of their heart.

The worst part is, it feeds on itself. Because of how it has gone down so far, when pairs do release, there are people snapping them up who wouldn't even have cared had RD over here gone the same as all the prior releases the past few years. It's possible this is some concocted genius strategy by Nike, but it feels unlikely to me. Whatever the reason, it also breeds paranoia. How many times in this thread have some people mentioned that this is the "new norm" and all of that? Again, anything is possible, but Nike's revenue goals make a reversion by JB to the circa 2011 nonsense extremely unlikely. They got away from that for a reason, not out of the goodness of their heart.
Absolutely dead on again. Great assessment all around. It’s a damn shame how all this has played out. The fact that you had no problem getting the bred 11s from BSTN but did for these I think says it all.

IMO A lot of resellers looked at the UNC 3's release... already going for +100 euros (although the retail already was 190). No wonder these flints flew out of the stores... :frown:

+ US got this release a week earlier...EU people saw what happened and went crazy today!

This would have been an easy cop...2 years ago :frown:

Holy **** I got thru on BSTN by sheer luck. $220 total shipped, after the paypal conversion. Wow.
20200618_003007.jpg

I said the same thing when the pandemic hit over seas months before here in the states producation was probably cut months before we seen cases over here it’s more than likely not as many pairs made than some think

I got the 5s and 11s from bstn too. To my knowledge, those releases weren't advertised on sole links etc and the releases were kinda"under the radar. People have kinda caught on to bstn. Is it bots or not? Idk. But what I do know is bstn wasn't even allowing me to view the 13 page, when it finally did a few minutes after 3est, they were long gone.

Pretty sure there were 10x as many 11s as there are 13s and this pair of 13s is arguably a little bit more popular than that particular V. Key word (arguably)

Covid screwed everything up.

This pair I could understand...But the hare 6s? Come on now.

Last edited:
Some of it is the inability to cop in store. I am one of them.....I hadn't bought online (other than SNKRS) on RD since like 2016. Never needed to because I reserved through the Foot apps. Now I can't, and also FLX sucks so far. A lot of us RD in-store purchasers are online too. It adds up and has a trickle down effect on the hype and difficulty of obtaining online

Holy **** I got thru on BSTN by sheer luck. $220 total shipped, after the paypal conversion. Wow.
20200618_003007.jpg

yup same price i paid and they already shipped!
I got the 5s and 11s from bstn too. To my knowledge, those releases weren't advertised on sole links etc and the releases were kinda"under the radar. People have kinda caught on to bstn. Is it bots or not? Idk. But what I do know is bstn wasn't even allowing me to view the 13 page, when it finally did a few minutes after 3est, they were long gone.

Pretty sure there were 10x as many 11s add there are 13s and this pair of 13s is arguably a little bit more popular than that particular V. Key word (arguably)

Covid screwed everything up.

This pair I could understand...But the hare 6s? Come on now.

i was getting that same page it wouldnt let me view the flints i kept refreshing the page and once it let me on they only had my size

Back
Top Bottom