Air Jordan 13 "Flint" May 30, 2020

Good points...I still think the switch was done to capitalize on MJ’s name and marketability by pushing the IX out while his name was still out there fresh in the public minds...They were clearly thinking it wouldn’t hold into his retirement since they told Tinker to dead the line, which he carried on designing for on his own...Probably wanted to get the IX some recognition since he wouldn’t be seen wearing it...

But yeah VIII’s were a colorway short...Probably because of pushing the IX stuff...Always thought this sample might’ve been the fourth...PS sample is the only one I’ve ever seen...

2088680A-E8E6-45B0-86F0-1191372417B2.jpeg
1AAE5835-5374-4E3E-9BF9-EF3B1697D06E.jpeg
DAC132D7-153C-4D7C-935A-71EC177B7467.jpeg

I also do remember seen toddle sample size of the Paprika

Weren’t these a sample as well?

F27E05AD-404D-43A9-A6CC-E4FFF7EDD1E4.jpeg

had 3 pairs of the 05 flints at one point and sold them all smh... i do have the 2010 while still fresh i dont like the no 3m mesh... once this new pair drops my 2010 will be beaters

I remember the crazy hype behind the 05's in NYC. EVERYBODY wanted a pair. Good times.

I was there man. Lined up for a midnight release at Foot Locker on 34th. Got there around 10:30PM and was about 50th in line. By midnight, there were literally hundreds of people behind me. The line wrapped all the down the block and onto Broadway. They had sooooo many pairs though. Hundreds of pairs. I’m sure everyone was able to grab a pair. Good times indeed.

It's a different time now. My brother and I went early to FootLocker to secure our Black/Red 13s. We were the only ones there! It was a bit shocking. The nice thing is I was able to mix-match a left shoe from one pair with a right shoe from a different pair, to get a nice pair with no glue stains.

We'll see how the Flint release goes. NEED 1 pair, would like 2 pairs, wouldn't mind 3 pairs.

It's a different time now. My brother and I went early to FootLocker to secure our Black/Red 13s. We were the only ones there! It was a bit shocking. The nice thing is I was able to mix-match a left shoe from one pair with a right shoe from a different pair, to get a nice pair with no glue stains.

We'll see how the Flint release goes. NEED 1 pair, would like 2 pairs, wouldn't mind 3 pairs.

Sure is...

Back before apps and raffles early lineup was it...Various apps have made things so much simpler 😂...

I might still go out every once in a while for a release that’s fcfs but even then it’s maybe just a couple of other people, handful at the most...Nothing like the early 2000’s through the early 2010’s...So thankful those days are over now...

Sure is...

Back before apps and raffles early lineup was it...Various apps have made things so much simpler 😂...

I might still go out every once in a while for a release that’s fcfs but even then it’s maybe just a couple of other people, handful at the most...Nothing like the early 2000’s through the early 2010’s...So thankful those days are over now...

I guess you guys don’t need to hear my story about how I got the black/red AJKOs for $19.99 in 1995-86... talk about a different time! lol

I guess you guys don’t need to hear my story about how I got the black/red AJKOs for $19.99 in 1995-86... talk about a different time! lol

See with that timeframe it was hit the mall after school with the crew for new kicks...Didn’t know what shoes were on the wall until you saw them most times...Eastbay catalogs, Slam Magazine etc...

You want sales on OG’s...I’ve posted it on NT before but in 1996 for back to school I got the Columbia 11’s AND a pair of Chicago 1’s from my Vegas outlet store (Belz Outlet Mall at the time), for a whopping $117 combined...I wanted the all white Air More Uptempo’s ($139) but my mom convinced me to hit the outlet to see what they had, translation save her a few bucks 😂...Columbia’s were $79.99, had the ‘94 1’s on a table in the front of the store for $29.99...

Back
Top Bottom