Air Jordan 14 Retro - "Black Toe" White/ Varsity Red/ Black ~ Summer 2014 RD: 9/20/2014

Dude its the worst part man.
Standing in line for 1-2 hours can feel like an eternity depending on who's in the line waiting man.

This morning for me, was brutal. Absolutely brutal
Why didn't u just cop online. It was super easy.

I was grabbing for the homie so I needed/wanted to see them in person.
It's funny you mention the online thing because I did grab a pair online while in line and folks acted like I just performed a Magic Trick.

Had no idea about buying online it seemed.

Last edited:
I was grabbing for the homie so I needed/wanted to see them in person.
It's funny you mention the online thing because I did grab a pair online while in line and folks acted like I just performed a Magic Trick.

Had no idea about buying online it seemed.
Yea that **** is so funny, you'll be standing in line and trying to cop online at the same time and folks are looking at u like what is HE doing? Like im doing something they had never even heard of before. No damn common sense whatsoever. Kids. Smh

Last edited:
Do you live somewhere Hot???

@yjaybrooks  

glue will separateon in Hot Weather on old kicks

My BAD ….LA yeah its' 100+ lately.. that will do it

Last edited:
That's the only reason I came back to JB...to only buy OG CW's that bring back memories. Nostalgia goes a long way for me.

Nike/JB releases have changed quite a bit in the last 2-3 years since I was really into it.

Walter..
2-3 years ago sounds about right it was the concord 11s release and the game ain't been the same since. Price has steadily gone up and copping pairs have become more difficult reselling is a side hustle and even trades have gotten out of hand 2 for 1 deals on a GR smh.

No they suck. Worst retro of the year

THIS.
while black and yellow can be a great colorway, I dislike the black nubuck paired with the thunder yellow and silver midfoot plate.
IMO, they should have made the upper like on the Black/Indiglos using black tumbled leather and smooth leather with suede toe
and use the black carbon midfoot plate like on the white/reds or forest greens.

No they suck. Worst retro of the year
nah they were better than the sport blue 14s at least. not by much but they were at least colorblocked A LOT more smoothly. A better alternative would have been to just release sport blue 14s colorblocked like the thunders. Now those would have been copped.

I love my black/yellow 14 and the black toes.   better than the Ferraris IMO.  but thats just me.  sport blues sucked tho. 

Black/yellow 14's are dope but I do wish the yellow wasn't as bright, still love em tho

nah they were better than the sport blue 14s at least. not by much but they were at least colorblocked A LOT more smoothly. A better alternative would have been to just release sport blue 14s colorblocked like the thunders. Now those would have been copped.
I actually thought the sport blues looked better than the thunders. Neither nowhere near enough to buy them tho.

read somewhere the 14s are going in the vault after these

any truth to this?

ps- my pair came in from os, no complaints

2-3 years ago sounds about right it was the concord 11s release and the game ain't been the same since. Price has steadily gone up and copping pairs have become more difficult reselling is a side hustle and even trades have gotten out of hand 2 for 1 deals on a GR smh.

Yea I've been seeing the resale prices and it's ridiculous. I recently purchased Playoff, Obsodian, and Taxi 12's, I wasn't happy paying resale for them at all, but it was the only way to get them now.

I think I stepped away from JB early in the year the Concord's released. It seems like a different scene coming back to it now. With these resale prices, It's going to hurt having to hunt down pairs I missed lmao

I blame these Black Toes for getting me back into JB
I truly regretted selling my '06 pair. Glad I was able to buy these, granted, they were surprisingly easy to buy, but I won't get too comfortable with the ease for this release.

Walter..

Are you  STEELERS FAN?

OR PITTS PIRATES??
Only sports I care about is mostly motorsports (Formula 1, Moto GP, Pikes Peak, Le Mans, WRC, Rally Cross etc).

I'm just a fan of Black/Yellow and Black/Gold color combo.
read somewhere the 14s are going in the vault after these

any truth to this?

ps- my pair came in from os, no complaints
That's awful if that's true...  want some indiglo for the max nostalgia feels event for me:frown:

Kind of sad that if you're a fan of the 14s you have to wait years vs the 11s, but I guess that's what you get when yours aren't that sought after/cash cow for Nike.

Last edited:
If the last couple years were any indication, I think we'll see more 14's next year.  Just a guess though.

2012 we saw 3 12's, and then last year got the Taxi's and Gammas.

2013 we saw 3 13's, and this year we're getting 4 more 13's.

If that pattern holds true, hopefully we get more 14's next year.

If the last couple years were any indication, I think we'll see more 14's next year.  Just a guess though.

2012 we saw 3 12's, and then last year got the Taxi's and Gammas.

2013 we saw 3 13's, and this year we're getting 4 more 13's.

If that pattern holds true, hopefully we get more 14's next year.
If they Dropped these.. I'm in!!!

Always wanted the Royal XIV lows

Back
Top Bottom