Air Jordan 14 Retro - "Black Toe" White/ Varsity Red/ Black ~ Summer 2014 RD: 9/20/2014

eightfivefresh eightfivefresh and scrilla410 scrilla410 I agree with what both you guys say. I'm one of the newer heads that are into sneakers but the way some of them act :smh: just look in the carmine 6 thread lol but he hype for jordans have made me distance myself from nike and JB little by little
I feel you I had my point where I took a 2-3 year break from jb plus I already had enough shoes anyway but all it takes is for that one shoe to drop to reel you back in and they got you hooked again lol happened to me wen the 3m tounge 5's dropped I officially got back in the game

^ if you think about it. It's almost a decade ago. Still have my 05 last shots in good condition.

There is young people that do buy them for the hype. But whats worse is when old people that couldve bought them back then but they just now started cause of hype and to show off to young people

I feel you I had my point where I took a 2-3 year break from jb plus I already had enough shoes anyway but all it takes is for that one shoe to drop to reel you back in and they got you hooked again lol happened to me wen the 3m tounge 5's dropped I officially got back in the game
I took a break as well not totally by choice though, but I'm about to step into the shadows again once I finish (trying) to scoop up what I need this year. As far as I see it this is the LAST possible year I can justify Jordan brand's price range. It's clearly out of hand but the new crowd which is now JB's main market has already shown they are completely comfortable at this price point considering all these MORONIC prices I see people copping @ resale talkin bout that's a steal
indifferent.gif
. This **** has gotten stupid from this flood of idiots. MFers are so blinded by the "cool factor" of "buying shoes", which is essentially what this whole "thing" boils down to, that they have caused an unnecessary spike in price across the board of what once was a far more affordable "hobby" if that's what you want to call buying shoes. I don't care who you are, spending 200 dollars or more on these types of shoes just makes you look like an idiot. Like I said, I'm about done giving Jordan brand damn near 200 bucks for a few ounces of plastics myself....
tired.gif

Last edited:

I took a break as well not totally by choice though, but I'm about to step into the shadows again once I finish (trying) to scoop up what I need this year. As far as I see it this is the LAST possible year I can justify Jordan brand's price range. It's clearly out of hand but the new crowd which is now JB's main market has already shown they are completely comfortable at this price point considering all these MORONIC prices I see people copping @ resale talkin bout that's a steal
indifferent.gif
. This **** has gotten stupid from this flood of idiots. MFers are so blinded by the "cool factor" of "buying shoes", which is essentially what this whole "thing" boils down to, that they have caused an unnecessary spike in price across the board of what once was a far more affordable "hobby" if that's what you want to call buying shoes. I don't care who you are, spending 200 dollars or more on these types of shoes just makes you look like an idiot. Like I said, I'm about done giving Jordan brand damn near 200 bucks for a few ounces of plastics myself....
tired.gif

No Need to Expand on What You Said, bc I Agree with ALL OF IT. 
mean.gif

Something about 14s man, I don't know why folks don't like them.

I mean the design is nice, shape is on point and the color ways have really been nice.

These and the Red Suedes will definitely be bought.

I remember when I first got into retros, 2005 I believe, and I grabbed the White/Red 14s a week after they dropped.

Good 'ol days.. |I

Last edited:
Thanks, my memory is shot right now but i think i grabbed those sometime in the middle of the Bulls-Jazz series or maybe after. Richards of all places. I wore em for an hour, put em in the box and been there ever since. About as close to ds as you could get with no issues. Original paper never turned em colors, no separation and zero color fade. Dont make em like they used to. Thanks for the compliment.

Something about 14s man, I don't know why folks don't like them.

I mean the design is nice, shape is on point and the color ways have really been nice.

These and the Red Suedes will definitely be bought.

I remember when I first got into retros, 2005 I believe, and I grabbed the White/Red 14s a week after they dropped.

Good 'ol days.. |I

If you ask me they are the best mid right there with the 3's. I dont consider xi's mids like some do. Xivs are pretty fresh and most of the variations are great. People should wake up to them.

Yeah nevermind, dont nobody wake up to em lol. Those red white 05's look sharp. I need to get a newer retro since my og are out of commission.

I'm not gonna lie that chrome kinda sucks but I guess more pics might make em grow on me. I'd def go out for the last shots or the white reds tho. Btw the hype is because of how much Jordan's are. I remember back in the days with almost every jordan release ppl talked about how they hated the design when first seeing them but by the second colorway everybody wanted a pair. This is 1990-2003 I'm talking about. Ppl even hated the patent leather on the XI's when they first dropped talking bout how they looked like a pair of shoes not sneakers. Anybody who was in the game then knows what I'm talking about. Ppl bought em cuz it meant you weren't poor. If u had Jordan's u were doing good or your parents were doing good in life. Now it's cuz drake or dj Khaled or Kanye wore em. I don't fret about the retail prices cuz even gum went up %100 since 10 years ago. Inflation exists. I just don't like the hassle that goes into buying Jordan's nowadays. I don't like dealing with he mobs of kids with their pants down to their ankles acting uncivil and as if they're cavemen. That's what pisses me off about This fad nowadays

Gotta admit, in my later 30s, the xi has come around. When they came out though, the patent leather killed it for me. I remember as far as colorways, it seemed to me people caught on with the black/red look more than anything. The chicago style was always the "flagship", the rest were the ones filling the gaps and most times more popular. You know i love star wars and Luke, Han and Leia but Vader was the man and thats how i always saw the popularity of Jordan cws. I would pick a red lightsaber 8 out of 10 times.

I had two OGs and then the wht/red from 05. They were all balled to death because they were one of the most comfortable and cushioned Jordan's ever.

The black toe I do want, but the only reason I would buy these is to put it on the court. However I just don't see these perform better than the XX8, Lebron XI, and up coming XX9. So then comes the dilemma of whether to get these for casual or not; which reminds me the XIV is one of the least durable AJ. The midsole that comes through the out sole at the heel gets beat really easy and the shank plate also gets dings etc like no other.

Decisions decisions...

Everyone gonna be 14 lover when these drop.

:lol:

These won't sit like the Last Shots did in 2011.

I know that was before the Concords, but if the White/Reds weren't a QS in 2012, those would of sat.

Face it, 14s and 2s are the least "sought after" unless they're limited.

I just want 1 pair, y'all can cop 16 pairs if you want.

14s, 2s, 9s & 10s all least sought after

Everyone gonna be 14 lover when these drop.

:lol:

These won't sit like the Last Shots did in 2011.

I know that was before the Concords, but if the White/Reds weren't a QS in 2012, those would of sat.

Face it, 14s and 2s are the least "sought after" unless they're limited.

I just want 1 pair, y'all can cop 16 pairs if you want.

And 7s and 8s. I mean you can get last years playoff 8s for damn near retail

roll.gif
laugh.gif
at how this turned into a nostalgia thread talkin about back in the good ol days. but i just need these the sport blue vi, infrared vi, and the columbias and imma try to chill for a minute.

Personally, I think the 15s beat all those out for being the least sought after. I mean I don't care much for the ones you name either, but I'd still take them over the ugly *** 15s

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom