Air Jordan 2 MAX!!!

Actually like the concept of making Retro Jordans with updated technology for use on the basketball court.

Actually like the concept of making Retro Jordans with updated technology for use on the basketball court.

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

Originally Posted by bwood056

Originally Posted by d e beatup

Then people would moan and complain why they're paying $160 $175 for a pair of 2s that look exactly like the $135 joints.  I personally don't like the idea; think it's a lazy copout but I can totally understand it from a strategic business standpoint, just like I hate fusions and totally understand the moneymaker they became.

The only shoe I would like to see this on is the XVIs since it would just be an improvement on the already-there vis-air.

yeah but now u are basing the "buying" of the shoe solely off of looks.

when the 2's originally came out, it was an advanced basketball shoe.

times change.

but the look of the shoe is classic, so putting a nice simple air unit in it = upgrade of BBall performance.

its not a drastic change, just to the performance of the shoe.

i for one HATE fusions with a passion

BUT these are a well executed change to keep up with the ever growing performance enhancing shoes.

I agree, its updated for today's basketball scene. What is the problem, they still look good. Just because it isnt hyped or limited doesnt mean its bad. Fusions were done solely for sneakerheads/ average Jordan consumer imo, where as this is done for basketball players.

Basketball players looking for a performance product don't go to B&M retail locations don't ask for the latest Jordan when looking for a top-tier performance product.  By almost all accounts, the AJ 2010 was an EXCELLENT performance shoe, but virtually every color performed poorly at retail and most can be found at a Nike Factory store for 70% off.  Most Jordan consumers are buying with fashion/casual appear as the sole factor, coupled with the branding of the Jumpman.

The Air Max Hyperize flopped at retail because it wasn't an accurate, fine-tuned upgrade; all they did was put the original upper on top of a different midsole/cushioning setup.  The Alpha 1, as mentioned, was a properly updated version of a classic shoe for today's performance standards and even that shoe is indicative of buying trends when you compare the liquidation/sell-through of the colorways.  A great performance shoe is designed with consideration on how all the components of the shoe interact from a performance perspective; putting a Retro 2, 5, 8 anything upper on the basketball specific 360 unit is not that different from selling you the Take Flight w/ a $25 markup.

Don't get me wrong; I think it's a great concept.  Even if you dislike Fusions or CMFT Max, you have to respect the hustle.  But I think it's a bit silly to think that these shoes are performance upgrades just because you slap a visi-air unit on them.

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

Originally Posted by bwood056

Originally Posted by d e beatup

Then people would moan and complain why they're paying $160 $175 for a pair of 2s that look exactly like the $135 joints.  I personally don't like the idea; think it's a lazy copout but I can totally understand it from a strategic business standpoint, just like I hate fusions and totally understand the moneymaker they became.

The only shoe I would like to see this on is the XVIs since it would just be an improvement on the already-there vis-air.

yeah but now u are basing the "buying" of the shoe solely off of looks.

when the 2's originally came out, it was an advanced basketball shoe.

times change.

but the look of the shoe is classic, so putting a nice simple air unit in it = upgrade of BBall performance.

its not a drastic change, just to the performance of the shoe.

i for one HATE fusions with a passion

BUT these are a well executed change to keep up with the ever growing performance enhancing shoes.

I agree, its updated for today's basketball scene. What is the problem, they still look good. Just because it isnt hyped or limited doesnt mean its bad. Fusions were done solely for sneakerheads/ average Jordan consumer imo, where as this is done for basketball players.

Basketball players looking for a performance product don't go to B&M retail locations don't ask for the latest Jordan when looking for a top-tier performance product.  By almost all accounts, the AJ 2010 was an EXCELLENT performance shoe, but virtually every color performed poorly at retail and most can be found at a Nike Factory store for 70% off.  Most Jordan consumers are buying with fashion/casual appear as the sole factor, coupled with the branding of the Jumpman.

The Air Max Hyperize flopped at retail because it wasn't an accurate, fine-tuned upgrade; all they did was put the original upper on top of a different midsole/cushioning setup.  The Alpha 1, as mentioned, was a properly updated version of a classic shoe for today's performance standards and even that shoe is indicative of buying trends when you compare the liquidation/sell-through of the colorways.  A great performance shoe is designed with consideration on how all the components of the shoe interact from a performance perspective; putting a Retro 2, 5, 8 anything upper on the basketball specific 360 unit is not that different from selling you the Take Flight w/ a $25 markup.

Don't get me wrong; I think it's a great concept.  Even if you dislike Fusions or CMFT Max, you have to respect the hustle.  But I think it's a bit silly to think that these shoes are performance upgrades just because you slap a visi-air unit on them.

Originally reported as the Air Jordan 2 Max, but the official name is the Air Jordan 2.0. You can thank Jordan Brand for clearing up the name mix-up. As for the release of the updated Air Jordan 2, the Air Jordan 2.0 is currently set to hit stores on June 4, 2011. Retail is $160.

air-jordan-2.0-white-red.jpg

air-jordan-2-0-sneaker.jpg

theshoegame

Originally reported as the Air Jordan 2 Max, but the official name is the Air Jordan 2.0. You can thank Jordan Brand for clearing up the name mix-up. As for the release of the updated Air Jordan 2, the Air Jordan 2.0 is currently set to hit stores on June 4, 2011. Retail is $160.

air-jordan-2.0-white-red.jpg

air-jordan-2-0-sneaker.jpg

theshoegame

Very fresh! If ur gonna tamper with a classic, this is how it should be done. Old skool to new skool. I like em.

Very fresh! If ur gonna tamper with a classic, this is how it should be done. Old skool to new skool. I like em.

I like the concept of jb taking old shoes and using new tech on them so they could be better suited for today, but i dont know if im quite feeling this shoe yet. The air bubble makes the midsole look like its a platform almost. might cop if i find em at a outlet .

I like the concept of jb taking old shoes and using new tech on them so they could be better suited for today, but i dont know if im quite feeling this shoe yet. The air bubble makes the midsole look like its a platform almost. might cop if i find em at a outlet .

Back
Top Bottom