Air Jordan 2012 First look.

Originally Posted by jumpman cbt2

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

The use of newer tech in a sig Jordan sneaker, a step outside the box in design...now this is the JB that I remember.
I'm glad they did not recycle the silhouette of the 2011.  And if they are pushing the envelope technology-wise (as they should), good for JB.

I'll pass judgement once I see them in person/try them on.  I thought the 2011 pics looked blah at first then I ended up liking them in person.
Same here. While the AJ 2011 are great shoes in both look and technology wise, i'm glad that they did not just make the 2012 based on 
the sihouette of the 2011. Now these look interesting in that darker colorway and the Jumpman at the heel is not so ridiculous

huge compared to the early pics of the white/charcoal sample. How about a black/charcoal model with red clear outsoles?

They normally  tell a story with each of the signature shoes. What's the story on this one? Is it simply gonna be that 'Nike had some Flywire sketches laying about and we slapped a Jumpman on it'.

in the pix on pg 10, what shoe is that at the bottom of the page? looks like an all gold 9.....

Being a avid jordan fan I feel that it may be time to end the signature line for JB there are numerous reasons I feel this way. 1. Being in the shoe retail business none of the sigs have done well the past few years. 2. The feeling of the "new jordan" ain't there for me atleast. JB is now exactly what it is a brand not just one shoe how it was when mike was playing.

now jordan is going down the flywire road. such b.s. nike/jordan sure does like to overdo it with things. next it will be fuse.
eyes.gif

At least the shape of this shoe looks good,
so they still can improve a lot. Remember the
early worn prototype of the aj 17 that leaked?
They looked very plain and in the end only
The midsole design made it to the final
Design as they changed the whole upper design
and the outsole pattern got adjusted.

Then the sample of the aj 20 was also lame.
then the final version had a slightly improved
Shape, having patent leather and riffles
at the forefoot, making it more appealing.

Originally Posted by eltouha

^got pics of those proto xvii and xx?
Not on my pc here. But i know the pics i got it from here. So if you use the search machine i think you will find them here
in the archives too.

The XVII early prototype was white with black tongue and collar while the outsole was black and the TPU was red.

The heel ring was chrome. In the final version they changed the midfoot section completely, the heel ring was alu silver,

added the rubber heel tab. The prototype did not offer the midfoot cover option nor double row lace holes.

The lace loops were designed like on the AJ XIII to AJ XVI (hidden).

In a dope colorway these can be hot ..especially if ray Allen or dwade get
Some p.e 's # if NBA lockout ends

I must say, I like the 2012 Air Jordan Shoe. The color is definitely not my choice but the design is not bad at all.

I usually try not to criticize designs because I know how difficult it is to come up with something original....but damn man.

I KNOW there are talented designers at Nike and even a few in Jordan Brand... what is going on where THIS is allowed to be called the Signature model? This isnt even Team Jordan Worthy.

Sticking Flywire on a shoe isn't stepping outside the box when Nike's been using it on EVERYTHING. Thats called being late to the party. Hell we are happy just seeing Zoom in a Jordan but Flywire? Thats a step back to me.

Give me full Vis Max Air if you are going to try and make it visually appealing while using old tech. Whats next a Jordan Sig shoe with 180 Max Air?

Back
Top Bottom