AIR JORDAN 3 BLACK CEMENT - NOVEMBER 23, 2024

LOL this is not true AT ALL. We were hyped that they were coming, but bummed about the leather wings. My man supermanblue79 supermanblue79 and I spearheaded a campaign to get the leather wings changed...which apparently worked (he confirmed through the grapevine). It wasn't until a bit after release people started griping about the quality on those.
This is all 💯 jshortt jshortt . I'm glad to see you still active and doing well. The first news of the Military IV being retroed was huge news, especially here on NT. I can remember JB getting the toe correct, but seeing that the wings would be leather like the grade school shoes from the og era...and we weren't going to let it happen. Collecting the og Jordan shoebox, letter to corporate, and other materials that we put together were directly responsible for the shoes being released with plastic wings...confirmed by an infamous NT insider 😆. We just didn't know that they would be cutting costs by using lower grade, thin leather for the first time on a Jordan Shoe. I still bought 2 pair, and Gentry was kind enough to keep an open line of email communication with me before he left JB. I was pressing him to send you a I a pair of the IVs in his true blue sample colorway, but it never happened. JB released the motorsports colorway instead, and I could not get him to send us anything smh. I'll always appreciate you for working with me on that effort.

Last edited:
Ngl, in all seriousness, after watching this guy's vids here-and-there for a few years now, I legitimately think he has a mental disability. He mispronounces the simplest words and sometimes seems to struggle to put a simple thought together on camera.

You can tell he definitely pulls his pants all the way down at the urinal.

At least his wife is very beautiful and is the breadwinner for the family. He did something right lol

Been looking at early pairs on Ebay and this pair is by far the best ive seen yet

1727213832363.png

1727213852710.png

I have been thinking I'm buying these because they're at least a lot better to me than the 2018s, but unless the true retail pairs somehow look a lot better than almost everything we've seen so far, it just hit me that I don't need to drop $200+ on them when I have plenty of fresh pairs of the reimagined WCs plus my barely worn pair of Fire Reds.

I have been thinking I'm buying these because they're at least a lot better to me than the 2018s, but unless the true retail pairs somehow look a lot better than almost everything we've seen so far, it just hit me that I don't need to drop $200+ on them when I have plenty of fresh pairs of the reimagined WCs plus my barely worn pair of Fire Reds.
Sell the Fire Reds = Win / Win :pimp: :pimp:

Fire Reds are slept on.

I paid resell, but I couldn’t have asked for a better pair.

I really don't get why some people hate on them, and I'm always a stickler for being close to OG. The shade of EP might not be exactly correct in that regard, but it's by far the closest it's ever been and the overall shape of the shoe is on point. Only regret I have is not going down 0.5 like I did later on the WCs. I'm not looking to start any sizing talk, it's just that for MY feet, the reduced amount of padding in them and the WCs make a 10.5 fit better than my TTS 11 just because the sz 11 gives me plenty more toe space than I need. But oh well, it doesn't really matter.

This is all 💯 jshortt jshortt . I'm glad to see you still active and doing well. The first news of the Military IV being retroed was huge news, especially here on NT. I can remember JB getting the toe correct, but seeing that the wings would be leather like the grade school shoes from the og era...and we weren't going to let it happen. Collecting the og Jordan shoebox, letter to corporate, and other materials that we put together were directly responsible for the shoes being released with plastic wings...confirmed by an infamous NT insider 😆. We just didn't know that they would be cutting costs by using lower grade, thin leather for the first time on a Jordan Shoe. I still bought 2 pair, and Gentry was kind enough to keep an open line of email communication with me before he left JB. I was pressing him to send you a I a pair of the IVs in his true blue sample colorway, but it never happened. JB released the motorsports colorway instead, and I could not get him to send us anything smh. I'll always appreciate you for working with me on that effort.
If only you guys had pressed him for Nike air, leather that couldn’t be confused with cardboard, and an actual Air Jordan 4 shape instead of a banana shape then maybe that release wouldn’t have been the complete disaster that it was. The plastic wings didn’t matter one bit. It’s like saying you’d be happy with a **** sandwich as long as it comes with mayo.

Respect :nthat: No FR 3 slander from me :lol:

But if picking 2 to keep outta of 24 BC and 23 WC the fire reds are gone :lol: In my book
LOL It's not a matter of needing to trade one for the other, it's a matter of the BCs--at least what we've seen so far--being the worst of the three. It would be the pair I reached for least often, hence why I've started to question how much I really need a pair in order to satisfy my OG III urges on any given day. I'm not to the point of saying I'm definitely out, but I'm definitely not stressing this release one way or the other, if that makes sense.

The toe box isn't even slanted, and it's raised up too high with that banana shape. They should have at least used the same mold or whatever as the reimagined white/cement 3s.

Doesn't it cost an absurd amount of money to create sneaker molds?

If so, and if we've been seeing 'some' real pairs, why wouldn't they just use the White/Cement mold as it was damn near perfect?!!

Why the hell would they think this 2024 shape is "it"? :lol: :smh:

If only you guys had pressed him for Nike air, leather that couldn’t be confused with cardboard, and an actual Air Jordan 4 shape instead of a banana shape then maybe that release wouldn’t have been the complete disaster that it was. The plastic wings didn’t matter one bit. It’s like saying you’d be happy with a **** sandwich as long as it comes with mayo.
If only.... Calm down guy. You act like we were Marcus Jordan and Thinker Hatfield Jr.. The og Wings made all the difference on that release to me, and many others that supported the effort. It was nice to see a major brand be influenced by a handful of knowledgeable customers, especially after samples were already produced. For JB to go in another direction was major. Nothing we could do about your banana sandwich on cardboard pumpernickel, topped with **** and mayo.

Last edited:
Doesn't it cost an absurd amount of money to create sneaker molds?

If so, and if we've been seeing 'some' real pairs, why wouldn't they just use the White/Cement mold as it was damn near perfect?!!

Why the hell would they think this 2024 shape is "it"? :lol: :smh:

I don't know enough about the manufacturing process to say for sure, but it seems like the slant has to do with the way the leather is stretched on the lasts. So it may well be the same "molds" being used but the assembly technique or tolerances or whatever are being done differently for some inane reason.

Yeah from this angle especially, they don’t look drastically different than my WC3s reimagined in terms of shape and execution.
IMG_3694.png
I’ve seen enough somewhat decent pairs at point now that I’m not sweating this release anymore. I’m thinking they let all the bad (flawed) pairs out early and the better pairs are starting to trickle out. Going for my usual 2 pairs after mix matching the best print to my liking and think I’ll be fine with this release. Way better than any previous retro of this cw.

I don't know enough about the manufacturing process to say for sure, but it seems like the slant has to do with the way the leather is stretched on the lasts. So it may well be the same "molds" being used but the assembly technique or tolerances or whatever are being done differently for some inane reason.

Good point.

I'm curious what the hell happened here.

Been looking at early pairs on Ebay and this pair is by far the best ive seen yet

1727213832363.png

1727213852710.png
Can’t imagine anyone calling these trash or wanting 2018’s more than them. Look better than some WC pairs posted here.

Huge run and all we’ve had until the past week is super early pairs. Now they’re starting to land with sellers and trickling out in unsurprisingly better form. Think there’s just too much emphasis put on early pics that don’t represent what most of us will be buying.

Back
Top Bottom