Air Jordan 3 "Fire Red" - White/Fire Red/Cement Grey - August 3rd (08-03-2013)

What elephant print do you want on the FR III's

• Dark elephant print (07's)

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Light Elephant Print (OGs)

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • WC Elephant Print (Katrina)

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
The extra pair that I bought 3-4 hours after the release on FTL got cancelled. Did they oversell or something?

I find it amazing that quite a few folks here in NT continue with this "quality" issue. In my opinion both Flip 3's were overhyped shoes...especially the white Flips. There were still quality issues with those by many accounts including myself who eventually sold the White Flips. It's irritating that people bash a shoe like this Fire Red 3 release and "lack of quality" and mention foolishness like "because they have leather insoles, they are quality shoes" the Flips are better quality and justified at $175. It's the same thing that irritates me with the "Banned" 1's which is why I have grown to not like them at all. The tumbled leather may not be as pronounced in person, however in pictures it looks weird. BLACK &. RED 1's are not supposed to be tumbled leather, yet that seems to make them worth the $800 they go for and they still crease horribly and get warped just the same.

Bottom line is, people need to stop frontin like leather insoles, tumbled leather, and higher price points mean a shoe is better quality, because it does not. Stop slammin this Fire Red 3 based off of that please
Quality IS an issue though. And the best way to see it is if you compare 2 of the same shoes from different releases. There is a reason why the banned 1s are constantly praised for quality. have you ever owned a pair of the bred 1s from the pack? the quality of those shoes, from the construction to the materials is absolutely horrible. The banned 1s made those breds 1s look like they were made of plastic. I even compared the pack 1s to the bred 1 high strap from back in 2008 and even those were LEAGUES apart interms of quality.  People are complaining because with new technology and new manufacturing developments shoes should be getting better and theyre not. You can compare any 2 releases of the same shoe and i will gurantee that the later release will be the one lacking. People are going to continue complaining about quality issues because if youve been at for around 10 years you remember buying better quality shoes for less. in 2005 150 was the most you paid for a pair of retros. LS and limitted release. Now 160 is the least youre going to pay. somethings not adding up.

canceled orders were released...
i was able to checkout my sz.12 on Beastbay, but i copped 2 pair on RD, don't need 3 right now.
:nerd:

pick these up since i missed out on the db they look better in person IMO didnt have a 07 pair

^^^ footlocker and co aren't like Nike when it comes to a cart... shoes aren't reserved for you.

Anybody elses NDC tracking number say "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated.
" It's never said that before..

I think they've changed up how they report things on the weekend. UPS doesn't normally do Saturday pickups from warehouses while things move along once they're in the system, the shipment won't be picked up until this afternoon at some point.

walked into FTL at 7 and got my pair. Threw them on top of my closet. Probably bring them out this Friday for the Texans game

Thanks, your right on price. Yeah he knows were talking about the flips, he is just WRONG about the price. He was saying how they dropped the same day as the fire reds in 2007 and only cost 150.00 not 175.00. I happen to know they cost 175.00, cause I grabbed a pair.

Sorry, it dawned on me you guys meant the black flips after I posted and I got rid of my post, obviously not before it got quoted lol My bad.

I was right on the price of the white flips though. I doubled up on both the flips and the fire reds that day and got my brother's Footlocker discount (good ol' days). The flips were definitely $150, because I paid $105 after the 30% discount. The fire reds were $125 and I paid $87.50 after the discount. Trust me, I would not forget those prices.

Black flips were definitely $175.

Last edited:
Quality IS an issue though. And the best way to see it is if you compare 2 of the same shoes from different releases. There is a reason why the banned 1s are constantly praised for quality. have you ever owned a pair of the bred 1s from the pack? the quality of those shoes, from the construction to the materials is absolutely horrible. The banned 1s made those breds 1s look like they were made of plastic. I even compared the pack 1s to the bred 1 high strap from back in 2008 and even those were LEAGUES apart interms of quality.  People are complaining because with new technology and new manufacturing developments shoes should be getting better and theyre not. You can compare any 2 releases of the same shoe and i will gurantee that the later release will be the one lacking. People are going to continue complaining about quality issues because if youve been at for around 10 years you remember buying better quality shoes for less. in 2005 150 was the most you paid for a pair of retros. LS and limitted release. Now 160 is the least youre going to pay. somethings not adding up.

New III's and IV's are better than the previous version

I remember this day back in '07, only about 10 people waiting outside of Footaction. Was able to try on my shoes and everything, copped both flips and fire reds. I gave my flps away about two years ago, and last year I threw out my fire reds, that paint chipping was horrible, and yellow stained heel tabs :smh:

Last edited:
I remember this day back in '07, only about 10 people waiting outside of Footaction. Was able to try on my shoes and everything, copped both flips and fire reds. I gave my flps away about two years ago, and last year I threw out my fire reds, that paint chipping was horrible, and yellow stained heel tabs
mean.gif
ive been getting pretty good with restoring/repainting so now with this new release i should be able to find another 07 pair on the low to fix up. i got rid of my original pair for the same issues!

went in my mall at around 5 pm on saturday and every store had them all over the place, if you want these and cant get them then you didnt try or stil larent trying, stock locate at your local store and you should get them no problem and as far as the quality goes they are no worse than the 2011 WC 3s imo, the red paint job on the midsole was kinda off but im not expert but they looked almost infrared to me, plus im not paying 160 to have to make them the way i want them (like the WC where as the red on the midsole stops near the heel of the shoe not the toe)

went in my mall at around 5 pm on saturday and every store had them all over the place, if you want these and cant get them then you didnt try or stil larent trying, stock locate at your local store and you should get them no problem and as far as the quality goes they are no worse than the 2011 WC 3s imo, the red paint job on the midsole was kinda off but im not expert but they looked almost infrared to me, plus im not paying 160 to have to make them the way i want them (like the WC where as the red on the midsole stops near the heel of the shoe not the toe)

you know people complain about quality on every Jordan retro release.... EVERY.

too early to stock locate tho.

Back
Top Bottom