Air Jordan 3 "Fire Red" - White/Fire Red/Cement Grey - August 3rd (08-03-2013)

What elephant print do you want on the FR III's

• Dark elephant print (07's)

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Light Elephant Print (OGs)

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • WC Elephant Print (Katrina)

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
One week before release here comes all the one sentence "can't wait" "love these" "must cop" posts lol
Scoop both, that's my answer to end any type of debate in my head lol.

If I bought sneakers based off how many red-white-black shoes I own, I wouldn't ever be allowed to buy another one.

Fire 5's > these 3's

That 23 and red on the midsole is killin it, so dope. The 23 makes the 5 so much nicer, imagine the grapes with a purple and teal 23

These with light print > fire 5's tho
I envy you, lol. Wish I had that type of control.
Its an issue of money not preferences. But I prefer the V silhouette better. I have also made it a mission to collect all the shoes featured in fresh prince that I like :lol:.

I just dont like owning too many white based shoes. Not just white and red. But most Js are white. Its why I still **** with SBs

I passed on the Bugs Bunnies, a colorway I would normally cop, because of that.

Last edited:
These are beautiful but honestly if i dont win them im not buying, sounds like they finally got the paint issue fixed too

Hope yall enjoy yall pairs

I only go online now... I refuse to wait in a line for a damn raffle ticket FOR THE CHANCE to purchase a shoe at retail :smh:

guess I got too much pride :rolleyes

I'm the same way at this point. I did raffle for maybe 1 or 2 releases when they first started. I think it was for the Black cement 4's and the Bred XI's. Anyways I don't even waste time for raffles. Time consuming driving out and hitting up stores for MAYBE a call back. Like you said, online is pretty much the only way I copp now and I get just about every release I want anyways

hopefully these aren't that hard to obtain... could use another pair to beat up
These wont be hard to obtain with a little work. Are you going for online or are you trying to cop in person?
I only go online now... I refuse to wait in a line for a damn raffle ticket FOR THE CHANCE to purchase a shoe at retail
mean.gif

guess I got too much pride
eyes.gif
You're lucky you live on the East Coast.  I've found waking up at 4:30 am to sit and keep hitting refresh/add to cart for 30-60 minutes after 5am really messes my sleep schedule up for the rest of the weekend.  I wish they'd go back to the 9pm PT/12am ET schedule.  Most people are still up at midnight.

You're lucky you live on the East Coast.  I've found waking up at 4:30 am to sit and keep hitting refresh/add to cart for 30-60 minutes after 5am really messes my sleep schedule up for the rest of the weekend.  I wish they'd go back to the 9pm PT/12am ET schedule.  Most people are still up at midnight.

I just set my clock to 4:50. Right when the first link go up, i click it. then by 5:15 comes if I'm still waiting. I just shut down and go to sleep and call it a fail.

Finally picked up my pair.  I'm not sold on them though.  I'll give it a couple more days and see if they grow on me.  If not, I'll get ride of them.

Now for some pics:
      since you got them in hand can maybe you can answer me on what material the elephant print is? 
Its the dark elephant print.  Feels a bit "thicker" than the true blues IMO.

And they're TTS for me.

Just got my wristband... guaranteed to get my pair this saturday... as long as I wake up on time at 8am :D good luck to all

anyone else really hate the dark elephant print?? why cant they use the same elephant print as true blues and cements
mean.gif

I really don't get it either, but my guess is it has something to do with the midsole and what it is made out of.

my BC3's from '11 had bad cracking after I wore them a good amount of times, I stripped the paint and re-painted and since then the paint has cracked only slightly but its holding up.

I personally think people should wear in their 3's before doing any repainting, because the midsole needs to get use to the pressure its going to be put through. Effectively, when one decides to repaint them the paint will not need to flex due to wear as the midsole would have already adjusted to this.

My FR3's have cracked as I knew they would when i first wore them and so I repainted them, then wore them again and the cracking was just as bad with the original paint, but that's because I have not yet given the midsole a chance to break in.

Just my opinion on the whole cracking thing, I could be wrong and it could be the paint. :rolleyes

Just Jordan Brand being cheap on their end and raising prices on our end. Just business now at the end of the day.

Ask anyone who bought and WORE IIIs or IVs during the first retro craze of '99-'01. No cracking at all.

Hell, my '99 IVs and '01 IIIs I've had and worn since '99/'01 have YET to crack. My most recent retros? Psht. DONE after 5-7 wears. :smh:

Yesssss got a ticket so got my pair locked down! These and the those Fear 4s are the only Js I'm looking for this month.

And for those complaining about raffles, do your homework. Some stores could be doing guuarenteed tickets as well. I didn't have to wait it line to get one either.

anyone else really hate the dark elephant print?? why cant they use the same elephant print as true blues and cements :smh:

really? was the 15 of the last 20 pages not enough of that discussion for you?
But no. I like that it is different from the others

Last edited:
anyone else really hate the dark elephant print?? why cant they use the same elephant print as true blues and cements :smh:

it didn't happen in 07, it didn't happen in 2013 and I hope it never happens ever. This is maybe the 200th post about this, it's time to move on. I hate to be that guy, but seriously, it's not going to change in less than a week from RD, I think you all need to stop complaining and move on. :smh:

I really don't get it either, but my guess is it has something to do with the midsole and what it is made out of.

my BC3's from '11 had bad cracking after I wore them a good amount of times, I stripped the paint and re-painted and since then the paint has cracked only slightly but its holding up.

I personally think people should wear in their 3's before doing any repainting, because the midsole needs to get use to the pressure its going to be put through. Effectively, when one decides to repaint them the paint will not need to flex due to wear as the midsole would have already adjusted to this.

My FR3's have cracked as I knew they would when i first wore them and so I repainted them, then wore them again and the cracking was just as bad with the original paint, but that's because I have not yet given the midsole a chance to break in.

Just my opinion on the whole cracking thing, I could be wrong and it could be the paint. :rolleyes

Just Jordan Brand being cheap on their end and raising prices on our end. Just business now at the end of the day.

Ask anyone who bought and WORE IIIs or IVs during the first retro craze of '99-'01. No cracking at all.

Hell, my '99 IVs and '01 IIIs I've had and worn since '99/'01 have YET to crack. My most recent retros? Psht. DONE after 5-7 wears. :smh:

I've repainted my Cool Grey 4's, the paint was not flaking but instead had hairline cracks after several wears, it was almost impossible to get the original paint off, it felt thick *pause* and well applied, since repainting I have had no issues whatsoever, and that's angelus paint that's on there now, so I really don't know what it is. Again those CG IV's have had time to be broken in, that's the only reason I say let the midsole break in before repainting any of the 3's or 4's. But i'll take your word for it, and I have heard the older retro's paint was some serious stuff.

Very little interest in these at my local spots, but my 2006 tabs are beginning to yellow a bit so I will grab a pair for daily drivers :nerd:

looks to be as GR as they come when it comes to jordan retro's these days. Footlockers all over are gonna have them, shouldn't be hard to scoop, but they won't last the day.

I think...and I may have read this somewhere on NT...that Nike used to dye the midsole, but now they just paint it. So back in the '99-'01 era, even if the midsole did crack, it was dyed throughout, so it wasn't nearly as bad of a visual blemish...

But now, the paint "cracks" and you can see the uncolored midsole under it. I actually wore my white flip 3's this weekend and the midsole is shredded (of course), but the midsole is an off-white/bone color, so it still is exposed because the paint is/was true white.

Back
Top Bottom