Air Jordan 3 "Fire Red" - White/Fire Red/Cement Grey - August 3rd (08-03-2013)

What elephant print do you want on the FR III's

• Dark elephant print (07's)

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Light Elephant Print (OGs)

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • WC Elephant Print (Katrina)

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
The paint job on the midsoles are horrible! A second grader could have done a better job. After I inspected the last two pairs in my size it was an EZpass for me just not worth the money to me hopefully they do a better job with the FR 5's anyways congrats to those of you who got goodpairs or copped em anywayz!!!

Man, these are actually really nice. Not sure why there was no hype surrounding these. Hopefully the hype with JB releases is starting to die down, and the true enthusiast can get there pairs with little to no trouble,
Yeah right! Not very many people wanted this release or they are waiting on the Green Glow 4's/Fire Red 5's, like myself.

View media item 524212
A notorious reseller around my way..I try to tell him that the climate is changing for these kicks...so he buys in super bulk and charges 40 on top..,

People always say not to knock someone's hustle, but I can't wait until these guys end up having to sell for pennies on the dollar after the bubble pops. All it'll take is like 6 solid months of Nike pumping out enough shoes to satisfy everybody. Like say they do 1M pairs for Black Friday and the Christmas release.

So I ended up connecting with a local mom and pop recently, spoke with the manager a few times, and had him hold a pair down for me. 

We swapped numbers, and he told me he'd look out in the future so long as I look out with some cash (threw him $20 today on GP).

Anyhow, after exchanging numbers and a jackson, I was rung up by the owner and charged $200 flat. 
mean.gif

I'm upset that the owner marked these up to $186 and some change. Basically, the dude calculated the exact amount that would require me to pay $200 flat with tax. 

All in all I dropped $220 on these, when I could have EASILY copped for retail, 
mean.gif

The way I look at it is I secured a connect for the future. 
smokin.gif
 It just costed me $50 more than I should have paid. Guess it's a worthwhile investment (Black Red 1s, Taxis, Infrareds, etc.). 

Any try to custom red to black paint? I wonder how would that look?  Just a thought, no back fire please 
wink.gif

spend $50 so the same guy can charge me another $50 in the future? That's what defines an investment now a days?

So I ended up connecting with a local mom and pop recently, spoke with the manager a few times, and had him hold a pair down for me. 

We swapped numbers, and he told me he'd look out in the future so long as I look out with some cash (threw him $20 today on GP).

Anyhow, after exchanging numbers and a jackson, I was rung up by the owner and charged $200 flat. :smh:

I'm upset that the owner marked these up to $186 and some change. Basically, the dude calculated the exact amount that would require me to pay $200 flat with tax. 

All in all I dropped $220 on these, when I could have EASILY copped for retail, :smh:

The way I look at it is I secured a connect for the future. :smokin  It just costed me $50 more than I should have paid. Guess it's a worthwhile investment (Black Red 1s, Taxis, Infrareds, etc.). 
Hmmmm. Not a good look to be honest. You tipping for an above retail price. Imagine the $20 plus the $225 or whatever the shop may charge for a more limited release :/

did these sell out? i cant find them on ndc
yes they did on NDC. you're going to have to wait for their restock. i know i unleashed a size 10 out of my cart but they never made it back on the site. so they probably kept it for restock.

Last edited:
I was glad to cop at retail.. Had a guaranteed ticket for Champs even though it wasn't really needed. Luckily, the girl working there let me look over several pair. The 1st had mismatched sizes of e-print on toe and 2nd bad glue stains and paint on sole/midsole. But ended up with a pretty clean pair.. Was only getting one to rock so def wanted a fresh pair. :smokin

I was glad to cop at retail.. Had a guaranteed ticket for Champs even though it wasn't really needed. Luckily, the girl working there let me look over several pair. The 1st had mismatched sizes of e-print on toe and 2nd bad glue stains and paint on sole/midsole. But ended up with a pretty clean pair.. Was only getting one to rock so def wanted a fresh pair. :smokin

They actually let you go through the pairs like that? Never heard of that before. You must've been spittin game :smokin

Anyhow, after exchanging numbers and a jackson, I was rung up by the owner and charged $200 flat. :smh:

All in all I dropped $220 on these, when I could have EASILY copped for retail, :smh:

The way I look at it is I secured a connect for the future. :smokin  It just costed me $50 more than I should have paid. Guess it's a worthwhile investment (Black Red 1s, Taxis, Infrareds, etc.). 
That's probably the stupidest logic ever. U wanna secure a gr release for 50 may as well use eBay [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Staff is usually pretty chill about you looking through a bunch of pairs if they received A LOT of inventory, but they get pretty strict about limited releases or big holiday releases.

Staff is usually pretty chill about you looking through a bunch of pairs if they received A LOT of inventory, but they get pretty strict about limited releases or big holiday releases.

I had no clue. All the releases I've been to lately have had long lines so the staff is always tryin to get their commission as quick as possible and rush everyone out :smh:

They actually let you go through the pairs like that? Never heard of that before. You must've been spittin game
smokin.gif
Haha... Na, it was 8:30am and still pretty quiet there. Although, she may have been keeping me around to holla at me... should have asked for her discount.
laugh.gif

Some of you worry way too much about resellers.

Felt good to pay no attention to these pre-release (I practically throw in the towel on every release I want these day and just cop through pre-sell) but was able to grab a 10.5 on footlocker at 12p. Thought it was too good to be true when I got the 1 hour 30 minute timer.

Just saw these in person at NTLA and didn't get too excited. Was expecting better. **shrug**

yes they did on NDC. you're going to have to wait for their restock. i know i unleashed a size 10 out of my cart but they never made it back on the site. so they probably kept it for restock.

What? You really think that paired went to the "restock" pile?

Back
Top Bottom