Air Jordan 3 Katrina May 12th

Nike (and Adidas) are actually moving a lot of manufacturing out of China to further cut production costs. We’re likely getting lower-quality, Vietnamese retros in the future, unfortunately.

https://www.manufacturingglobal.com...es-main-manufacturer-adidas-and-nike-footwear

The Vietnamese textile industry is actually getting known for quality and innovation. Arc'teryx, Patagonia, some of the new athleisure brands make their stuff there.

http://www.scmp.com/lifestyle/fashi...ould-upgrade-its-textiles-industry-become-eco

Who knows what type of quality we will be getting from Nike moving here (or anywhere), but I wouldn't expect a downgrade.

Tried on an 11.5 and 12. This pair definitely fits bigger than the recent Nike Air pairs. I feel like the NA pairs have more padding inside and these Katrinas fit similar to the 2011 white cement I have. So I probably should have got an 11.5 but its too late now.

Yeah these do fit just a tad bigger than other 3s IMO. Not a big deal but I'm happy I went half size down.

:pimp:Eastbay shipment confirm
I also decided to get the white politics shirt
now looking to buy those sp accessories to complete the katrina collection

The Vietnamese textile industry is actually getting known for quality and innovation. Arc'teryx, Patagonia, some of the new athleisure brands make their stuff there.

http://www.scmp.com/lifestyle/fashi...ould-upgrade-its-textiles-industry-become-eco

Who knows what type of quality we will be getting from Nike moving here (or anywhere), but I wouldn't expect a downgrade.

Sure but I was specifically referring to footwear. From what I understand, it makes sense for them to move production of apparel there but they are also moving sneaker production. That’s what I’m concerned about since making shoes is a lot more complicated than making apparel.

Like I Said Homie... If You Were Happy With Em... More Power To Ya :lol:

Most People That Have Been Purchasing These Shoes Since 2001 And Before Were Majorly Let Down By The Color Jordan Brand Chose To Go With On This Release (That's Not Even Taking In To Account Mediocre Leather Quality).... In Fact, I Don't Think We've Seen Such A Drastic Difference In Color EVER On A Retro Release (Please Do Feel Free To Name Any You Feel Were Worse) :rolleyes

Ya'll The Type Of Dudes To Try And Convince People The Quality On The Last Fire Red V Retro "Wasn't That Bad" :lol:

I'm Not The One To Complain About A Release With No Reasoning Behind It..... And You Of All People Know That.

Like I Said Before, Hope All Is Well Bud

Yo this drives me so mad when grown people capitalize the first letter of every word. smh

Love these

245FA5F1-2F11-4D08-B9A1-6ED63EAF4BBF.jpeg

Stop Caping For Mediocrity Fam..... Ur Better Than That :smh:

mediocrity was every Jordan III release after da 2003 white & cements up until da nike air 200 cements from a couple years back.

let's not forget that midsole paint being chip proof >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> plusher leather.

cyber Mondays sat something crazy and that leather was great.

I want these but had to pick between all 9 pair of J's that released this month that I want, smh. I might pick them up next month if I can find them and be able to use a coupon.

IMO the quality was pretty good on these but I don’t pull out the magnifying glass and exam my kicks really thoroughly. I can appreciate what has been released to the masses over the last few years compared to those military blue IVs and fire red IVs from about 6 years back. I opened up the book when checking out and I was oh hell naw on those fire reds (they released On my bday). Those were some of the worst quality I’ve ever seen on some Js. Nothing will be perfect on mass produced anything but as long as my shoes don’t fall apart after a few wears, I’m good.

Did you get any III's from 2006 to 2016?

A Few Yep.....

DTRT 3's..... Flip 3's..... Fire Red 3's (Leather Wasn't As Nice On These), Jordan 3 Fear Pack Etc. Were ALL Better Retro's Than What We Were Given For That TB3 Release. :rolleyes

CDP 3's Were Plastic Garbage.... Passed On Releases Like The Sport Blue 3's Due To The Poor Quality As Well :wink:

But Hey, I Don't Know What I'm Talking About :lol:

A Few Yep.....

DTRT 3's..... Flip 3's..... Fire Red 3's (Leather Wasn't As Nice On These), Jordan 3 Fear Pack Etc. Were ALL Better Retro's Than What We Were Given For That TB3 Release. :rolleyes

CDP 3's Were Plastic Garbage.... Passed On Releases Like The Sport Blue 3's Due To The Poor Quality As Well :wink:

But Hey, I Don't Know What I'm Talking About :lol:

So no, you don't know what you're talking about. :lol:

You mentioned one OG colorway, but are picky about colors? So the fire red was spot on?

And the CDP's weren't garbage besides the cracking.

You mentioned something being stiff, but mentioned Flips?

The shape and comfort has pretty much been the same since 2003. Just slight differences in insole or collar and ankle padding.

Last edited:
Still waiting to get mine should be this week... still like the true blue better then these. That’s why I did not double up on them. And double up on the true blue

Back
Top Bottom