Are you Copping this Retro + III in 2013

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

• I Only Cop OG Colorways

• Total voters
Nah it's pretty fresh in the picture. They look good like that. I'll be sure to grab a pair soon 
Yah I think that's just how the crimson part works.  In the shadows you see a pinker hue but when it's gettin more direct sun (like if you look at the lining around the tongue it reflects more light making it look a brighter orange like the laces while it's slightly diff on the midsole.  I love these things, debating using my FTL bday code to get another pair.

Last edited:
Its true, I believe the only way to really rock these IS to lace awap.

25aklcg.png

These sat on every single major release websites in fsr for days after the release. When was the last time that ever happened with a retro? Oh yea the Photo Blue's.

If the purple at the bottom was replaced with grey and the elephant print was black or even a dark shade of grey these would've been sold in under an hour. Trust me

I bet you if these ever rereleased in the future JB would replace the purple to guarantee sales.

I remember back in '06 when the military 4's sat because of the off white color, yes it was based of the original model, but a lot of ppl passed because of the off white. Look what happened last year, they switched the off white to white and sold way more pairs than they did back in '06.

I really don't care how fast it sold or if its still on the shelf, this isn't a factor to me when buying shoes. The only thing that matters is that I like the shoe. Once these are no longer readily available I believe they'll be a sought after colorway just like other non-OG colorways are today.

I agree that if they replaced the purple with grey that it wouldve sold better for JB but that really isnt a concern of mine as I dont work for them and couldnt give 2 left nuts about their bottom line. When first saw pics of these months back I actually thought it was grey instead of purple and was stoked about this release, and when I found out it was purple I was sort of let down and decided I wouldn't cop, but after seeing them in person I really liked them. The purple really isnt that noticeable at all and I like the shade that they decided to use not being too bright. If your worried about trying find something to match them with I'd be more worried of finding something to go with that crimson red as it is more of a distinct color...you really can't pull off normal red with it.

If JB does change the color to grey in the future it wouldnt be a rerelease, it would be a new colorway lol.

I don't know if you noticed but Military 4s are STILL still on shelves! Out here in the bay area too where we have a huge sneakerhead population. I won both releases of the Military 4s and liked the off white just as much as I do last years release. The main problem everyone had with the first Military 4 retro was that the leather used was horrible and creased by just looking at it. Notice that last years Military 4 release used a really nice quality leather and was probably the highest quality Jordan Retro 4 produced out of all the leather based 4s released. The Fire Reds and Cements used the worst leather (if you can even call it that) I've ever seen in my life! lol

Last edited:
Its true, I believe the only way to really rock these IS to lace awap.

I like the way the lace swap looks in this pic but is just a little too over the top for my taste. I prefer the subtle look of the black laces. This is one of the many reasons its cool being a sneakerhead, everyone rocks their kicks differently leaving room for appreciation, interpretation, and originality. :smokin

Last edited:
YEAH these sitting in alot of places they should have did a 150k pair run instead 250k....if they go on sale ill get em then...

I like the way the lace swap looks in this pic but is just a little too over the top for my taste. I prefer the subtle look of the black laces. This is one of the many reasons its cool being a sneakerhead, everyone rocks their kicks differently leaving room for appreciation, interpretation, and originality. :smokin

:smokin

I may change the laces back, but for now, I'll leave the red ones in.

Wore mine today for the first time. A lot of people kept looking. Whether good or bad, they broke necks. Haha. I'm happy with these.

Exactly! If you wear your Js, You can only have so much red/black in your closet. Sometimes I find myself skipping releases just because I ready have those colors in my closet. I'm 27 yrs old and I bought these because I like them, it's my first 3. My first pair of J's was the OG WC 4 in 89.

I'm 25 in a month, which makes me 1 years old when the "OG WC 4's" came out in '89. You are 2 years older than me so that makes you.......

.....unless you got them YEARS LATER. (not sure what you meant)

I'm 25 in a month, which makes me 1 years old when the "OG WC 4's" came out in '89. You are 2 years older than me so that makes you.......

.....unless you got them YEARS LATER. (not sure what you meant)
Not sure what you're saying either, but that last line was in reference to somebody making a dumb comment on the age of people owning this shoe and being a hypebeast or something.

And I'll be 28 this year. Don't know what you're getting at here.

Last edited:
The only thing I like about this shoe is the 3m, when I see ppl pics with flash on it makes me want to cop but seeing pics with the flash off just pushes me away

Finally picked em up today. Genuinely like the shoe but for retail pass but for $120 why not?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom