Are you Copping this Retro + III in 2013

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

• I Only Cop OG Colorways

• Total voters
I walked into my local HOH and scooped my size 13 about a week after the release. I'm diggin the colorway myself, but can see how they're not for everyone. I hope everyone that wanted them was able to get them and if not it'd be nice for the folks that still have these in their area to help out folks who don't. there seems to be a good amount out there , but let me know if anyone needs help tracking these down.

Dope pics as always @FutureDHughes! 8)

I come in here from time to time to see whats good and sorry to say its hardly anything nowadays..just a bunch of folks arguing and trolling back and forth about hypebeasts this and hypebeasts that...OG this and OG that. I've been collecting shoes since the late 90's and have had every OG from here to the moon, but that doesn't mean I don't embrace the new colorways (which I find appealing) just because theyre not an OG colorway. Again rock what you like and that's it. If you don't like the shoe, OK state your case and lets hear your input, but there's really no need to go beyond that and start labeling other people just because they like a shoe that you don't. All I'm saying is lets just keep it about the shoes fellas. And if you're bringing up quality issues about these then you should also be talking about every Jordan 3 release in the past few years. Don't act like these are any worse than the other Jordan releases that have been put out before these just because you don't like the colorway. :smh:

Last edited:
KidCloudKicker has a point, folks are quick to down this shoe's quality, when its damn near identical to all the 3s that have been out since 2011.

But its whatever, folks will complain no matter what.

& thanks for the compliment too bro.

:pimp:

Dope shoe. Can't doubt that

Ive always loved JB but with me being fairly fresh to the serious sneak game I keep my mouth closed about the "hypebeast" term. But this thread is bashing me in a way. I bought these for a few reasons... 1) I love the retro 3s  2) With me being from MIA I like the bright colors (but unlike the jokers they have more to offer as far as being contrast imo) 3) Because NO ONE has these by my house. I love OG color ways and will never knock em but when you have something that has released two or three times in the past 5 years you tend to want to mix it up. I know I do. Some say its a girl cw...some say its a hypebeast cw... but the majority most likely cant afford to cop all the releases that dropped in Feb and/or have enough to get the blk/white 13s. Dont bash someone else because you money isnt right enough. Down playing something you want is the easiest way to ease the pain of not being able to get them. 

Bottom line if you have nothing but negative input go to a thread you like and kick rocks. This is for people who respect the shoe game and different peoples taste. Instead of being on here all the damn time take ya *** to work and get those OT hours to buy all the releases. Thats like a dude in his beat up *** honda accord looking at me in my range like I made messed up life choices 
mean.gif
laugh.gif
 right 

Ive always loved JB but with me being fairly fresh to the serious sneak game I keep my mouth closed about the "hypebeast" term. But this thread is bashing me in a way. I bought these for a few reasons... 1) I love the retro 3s  2) With me being from MIA I like the bright colors (but unlike the jokers they have more to offer as far as being contrast imo) 3) Because NO ONE has these by my house. I love OG color ways and will never knock em but when you have something that has released two or three times in the past 5 years you tend to want to mix it up. I know I do. Some say its a girl cw...some say its a hypebeast cw... but the majority most likely cant afford to cop all the releases that dropped in Feb and/or have enough to get the blk/white 13s. Dont bash someone else because you money isnt right enough. Down playing something you want is the easiest way to ease the pain of not being able to get them. 

Bottom line if you have nothing but negative input go to a thread you like and kick rocks. This is for people who respect the shoe game and different peoples taste. Instead of being on here all the damn time take ya *** to work and get those OT hours to buy all the releases. Thats like a dude in his beat up *** honda accord looking at me in my range like I made messed up life choices 
mean.gif

laugh.gif

right 
Exactly! If you wear your Js, You can only have so much red/black in your closet. Sometimes I find myself skipping releases just because I ready have those colors in my closet. I'm 27 yrs old and I bought these because I like them, it's my first 3. My first pair of J's was the OG WC 4 in 89.

I walked into my local HOH and scooped my size 13 about a week after the release. I'm diggin the colorway myself, but can see how they're not for everyone. I hope everyone that wanted them was able to get them and if not it'd be nice for the folks that still have these in their area to help out folks who don't. there seems to be a good amount out there , but let me know if anyone needs help tracking these down.

Dope pics as always @FutureDHughes!
glasses.gif

I come in here from time to time to see whats good and sorry to say its hardly anything nowadays..just a bunch of folks arguing and trolling back and forth about hypebeasts this and hypebeasts that...OG this and OG that. I've been collecting shoes since the late 90's and have had every OG from here to the moon, but that doesn't mean I don't embrace the new colorways (which I find appealing) just because theyre not an OG colorway. Again rock what you like and that's it. If you don't like the shoe, OK state your case and lets hear your input, but there's really no need to go beyond that and start labeling other people just because they like a shoe that you don't. All I'm saying is lets just keep it about the shoes fellas. And if you're bringing up quality issues about these then you should also be talking about every Jordan 3 release in the past few years. Don't act like these are any worse than the other Jordan releases that have been put out before these just because you don't like the colorway.
mean.gif
Well aware of Jordan quality brand-wide. the true blue and white cements are def better quality than these Crimsons. These crimson 3s did look cheaper than normal when it comes to 3s recently though, no doubt about it.  just sayin anybody who expects integrity from the brand will only purchase (closest to) integrity from the brand--not a lazy, cheaply made concept. there are still some seldom releases which surprise you in quality but these are not the ones.

Dope pics as always @FutureDHughes!
glasses.gif

I come in here from time to time to see whats good and sorry to say its hardly anything nowadays..just a bunch of folks arguing and trolling back and forth about hypebeasts this and hypebeasts that...OG this and OG that. I've been collecting shoes since the late 90's and have had every OG from here to the moon, but that doesn't mean I don't embrace the new colorways (which I find appealing) just because theyre not an OG colorway. Again rock what you like and that's it. If you don't like the shoe, OK state your case and lets hear your input, but there's really no need to go beyond that and start labeling other people just because they like a shoe that you don't. All I'm saying is lets just keep it about the shoes fellas. And if you're bringing up quality issues about these then you should also be talking about every Jordan 3 release in the past few years. Don't act like these are any worse than the other Jordan releases that have been put out before these just because you don't like the colorway.
mean.gif
They could have pulled off this colorway if better quality used and overall look of shoe improved but they didn't. I have no problem wit the colorway. Just sayin they coulda done better and theyre def not worth $160. these simply look cheap.

Saw them yesterday in footaction (do my sneaker shopping online) and mannn that purple completely RUINED the shoe. Whatever happen to just sticking with the bulls colorway when doing a black and red retro +

Well aware of Jordan quality brand-wide. the true blue and white cements are def better quality than these Crimsons. These crimson 3s did look cheaper than normal when it comes to 3s recently though, no doubt about it.  just sayin anybody who expects integrity from the brand will only purchase (closest to) integrity from the brand--not a lazy, cheaply made concept. there are still some seldom releases which surprise you in quality but these are not the ones.
You can't be serious 
indifferent.gif

The quality is the same: slightly tumbled leather, similar quality in the elephant print. If I understood you correctly, you're saying JB puts out better quality on OG CW's or just failed at quality on this release?

Either way, WC or these Crimsons could use far better quality materials than what JB is using period... Not just on these. 
Saw them yesterday in footaction (do my sneaker shopping online) and mannn that purple completely RUINED the shoe. Whatever happen to just sticking with the bulls colorway when doing a black and red retro +
It's a brand new CW, not a black/red retro 

I actually thought the quality was better than the black cements. Granted I don't have these, but the leather isn't all shiny and plastic looking from all the pairs I've seen in stores.

I actually thought the quality was better than the black cements. Granted I don't have these, but the leather isn't all shiny and plastic looking from all the pairs I've seen in stores.
They really aren't cheap looking to me. Personally, its probably top 5 in terms of leather quality over the past year releases.... IMO 

Thanks for stating the obvious :rolleyes BTW slow down with posting, hasn't even been 3 months and almost up to 1,100 post already.

These would be considered classics because of the simplicity of the execution of a black and red retro+

The crimson 3's cw should of been used on a pair of spizikes because of the colorful elephant print

Last edited:
Thanks for stating the obvious
eyes.gif
BTW slow down with posting, hasn't even been 3 months and almost up to 1,100 post already.

These would be considered classics because of the simplicity of the execution of a black and red retro+

The crimson 3's cw should of been used on a pair of spizikes because of the colorful elephant print
Wasn't aware my post count and join date was a concern of yours 
tired.gif
 stick to the shoes and so will I son.

This sneaker has been in production a total of 25 years. You honestly think that JB would just stick to OG and "classic" cw's for so long? 

That's not what moves product. Innovation and pushing the envelope is what brings in revenue. 

Wasn't aware my post count and join date was a concern of yours 
tired.gif

stick to the shoes and so will I son.

This sneaker has been in production a total of 25 years. You honestly think that JB would just stick to OG and "classic" cw's for so long? 

That's not what moves product. Innovation and pushing the envelope is what brings in revenue. 

These sat on every single major release websites in fsr for days after the release. When was the last time that ever happened with a retro? Oh yea the Photo Blue's.

If the purple at the bottom was replaced with grey and the elephant print was black or even a dark shade of grey these would've been sold in under an hour. Trust me

I bet you if these ever rereleased in the future JB would replace the purple to guarantee sales.

I remember back in '06 when the military 4's sat because of the off white color, yes it was based of the original model, but a lot of ppl passed because of the off white. Look what happened last year, they switched the off white to white and sold way more pairs than they did back in '06.

Classic colorways is what carries the brand that's why they throw it on damn near all fusion and team shoes.

Thanks for stating the obvious :rolleyes BTW slow down with posting, hasn't even been 3 months and almost up to 1,100 post already.

That III (pictured) was made with NUBUCK; putting NUBUCK on a III is blasphemous...
Also, in regard to CWs: Americans adored the 1964 Chevrolet Impala. Chevy should reintroduce that automobile, but only make it available in the color that sold best in 1969 (sarcasm font). Sounds like a brilliant business decision :nerd: And while it may be brilliant , JB isn't dropping an OG CW III "for the first time in decades" -- the III releases ALL THE TIME. JB has no choice but to play with colors, otherwise they run the risk of watering down and/or possibly ruining a classic (by constantly dropping it in the same OG CWs).
JB playing with colors is much better than JB playing with Fusions... Let us never forget that

These sat on every single major release websites in fsr for days after the release. When was the last time that ever happened with a retro? Oh yea the Photo Blue's.

If the purple at the bottom was replaced with grey and the elephant print was black or even a dark shade of grey these would've been sold in under an hour. Trust me

I bet you if these ever rereleased in the future JB would replace the purple to guarantee sales.

I remember back in '06 when the military 4's sat because of the off white color, yes it was based of the original model, but a lot of ppl passed because of the off white. Look what happened last year, they switched the off white to white and sold way more pairs than they did back in '06.

Classic colorways is what carries the brand that's why they throw it on damn near all fusion and team shoes.
Fusions were an "innovation" by JB ( I say that with a grain of salt because I think they're madd ugly)

Which is again, at the time, a new step for JB to fusion two or more models. Although the iconic CW is what solidified their sales numbers initially, the fusion idea was "cool" to a lot of people. 

There is no one product in the history of man that has not undergone change after some period of time. It's human nature not to stagnate. It will continue to happen e.g. the Maize/ Black XI's rumored for this years holiday release. 

Been feelin under the weather but the first nice day we've had so decided to snag a few pics of mine for ya'll.  Like 'em or not I dun care I'ma rock 'em.  Forgive the sweats, we can't all drop 40 on the jazz when we got the flu.

Lace swap? 
Just the ones they come with but that's just how they came out with my phone.  Got an old flip blackberry so no filterin or whatever just odd lighting.  But yah I thought the laces looked more orange than the midsole in these pics.

Back
Top Bottom