Air Jordan 3 Retro AS NRG Thread

Seems like these are more plentiful than the Jordan 3 NRG that released on the 24th, I'll take either one if I could get one for retail. Seems like NT is having great fortune with these NRG releases.
At the least, it does seem like there's more than the impression was given with the whole Halftime fiasco. The JTHs are cool, but having the FTLs, I'm definitely cool without. I know it's blasphemous for some, but I think a WC3 with an icy sole and a few cool details (FTLs) is a tad doper shoe than than a WC3 with a 3M shoosh (JTH) that I fear will irreversibly yellow eventually.

but the icy sole will yellow too lol
True. I can't walk, so an icy sole is going to take WAY longer than that swoosh would to yellow in my case. Patent leather or other uniquely treated/shiny pieces that are white, when placed on top of other "regular" white leather parts, always start to look off-white/yellow to me. And a yellowing icy sole, while I've never done it, seems to be something that people can "fix."

wouldn't the adhesive damage the sole in the long run?

Most likely and for some shoes it could weaken the glue that is used to attach the sole because they need to use a heating source to apply the shield to the sole.

Anyone put soleshields on your FTLs yet. I'm makeing some for mine tonight and gonna put them on. I love 3m paper lol

I dont. I couldnt care less if my shoes get dirty. Im not waking around with that plastic crap at the bottom, or force shields inside the toe box. They are shoes, we have cleaner and thats why we buy multiples. :D

I am wondering if the free throw lines are worth getting if I already have a pair of 2011 white cements. I was gonna buy them because I don't have a pair of Nike Air white cements. Thoughts on this?

I know it was a few pages back, but I gotta chime in on buying fakes... Even if no one can tell from looking at the shoe, aren't you only playing yourself when you get fakes? I mean, if you are just buying shoes just for the looks, you're really missing out on the whole point of these retro sneakers. Retros are modernized versions of classic sneakers, designed to give you the look, feel, and quality of what the manufacturers intended. For me, missing out on any of these aspects is totally missing the appreciation of the shoe. The nostalgia comes from wearing the sneaker that the original manufacturer made. If some other brand made a shoe that looks exactly like a white cement 3, not many of us here would buy it. That is essentially what a fake really is, except it is blatantly undermining your own appreciation for the real thing. So instead of appreciating a retro, you spend your time appreciating how close a fake is to a retro, and that's what you paid money for... spending money to say "wow this is a really good fake retro. amazing how good fake it is." I'd rather not have them at all. Same as buying a fake Rolex. You can have the look, but you'll always want to know what it's like to have the real one.

I am wondering if the free throw lines are worth getting if I already have a pair of 2011 white cements. I was gonna buy them because I don't have a pair of Nike Air white cements. Thoughts on this?

2011 have the thin tumbled leather that Jordan tries to pass off as high quality material-They may look great but they feel cheap on feet. My true blue 3s with the jumpman on the back(just recently retired from my rotation) feel nothing like my FTLs(gave my 2011 wc to my cousin). FTLs have buttery soft leather that gets softer after wear(wore mine once and they are remarkable). The leather all the way through just feels thicker and softer. Even the air units feel more responsive-The FTLs felt like they had Reebok dmx tech or zoom air in the heels and forefoot. BNTL brother, u won’t be sorry.

Last edited:
You can see a lot of stitching flaws on those 3s if you look closely. But damn looked at his bred toes vid and without seeing a full 360 of the shoe they would be very difficult to spot.

Back
Top Bottom