Air Jordan 3 Tinker Black Cement July 27, 2019

After I missed on the Solefly 17s , I placed a order through stockx at like 4 p.m. by 7 p.m. ""the seller"" shipped . the next morning around 11am ,stockx already had them authenticated and confirmed, and shipped out to me.

What I believe is stockx hold some of the inventory in their place they don't necessarily pay middleman. I think they do their due diligence to get out there and actually purchase some of these sneakers and just hold them in their warehouse or place of storage and just sell them directly to the buyers, that way there's no middleman they receive all the profit.

Not necessarily. Anything from Chicago or other nearby markets deliver to Detroit next day. I doubt they keep pairs warehoused or anything like that. Just a little overthinking. :lol:

You bought my pair man haha! Not even kidding. Enjoy!

Chicago to Detroit is next day.

I think you may have sold to the person right after me. I was going back n forth by a $1 w someone on there (hate that by the way) and I ended up at 506, the person right after got em at 505. I sure wish my stuff was that fast to/from stockx.

Too bad the buy/sell isn’t a lil easier to use on NT, we both could have saved a few bucks on fees. I used to use it quite a bit before the platform change, but it’s not as interactive anymore.

It's unlikely StockX purchases pairs. While it makes sense from a margin perspective, it's not really scalable. They would need to know it's a limited release with value, and even if they could purchase an unusually large number of them, the volume would be negligible for the size of their business.

They're a stock exchange platform whereby buyers and sellers set the market price. They can't and shouldn't interfere with that to maintain the integrity of the platform.

You probably just got lucky with the shipment and authentication timing. Maybe they even have a local dropoff for sellers in the area, though I haven't read anything about that in their FAQs. More than likely, if it wasn't shipment timing, it was a return they accepted for whatever reason, and had on hand. There's no way for you to really know unless your pair has obvious defects like the back tab of that guy from the FTL thread. Hopefully that's not the case! It's just some weird edge case that none of us will ever really know what happened.

God,Women & money are the ultimate motivators in alot of the time.

So anythings possible.
I truly feel its more than likely, than it is unlikely, it isn't like they don't have the money to tie up in a particular product .
It isn't that hard to know what's going to sell out and what isn't. anything thats limited is going to flip for a profit more often than not. . . Its only logical to think theyd want to pocket more than 9% per transaction.
Based on where they are now compared to where they were even a year ago they're definitely a profitable Market. By selling in house they're even more profitable.

God,Women & money are the ultimate motivators in alot of the time.

So anythings possible.
I truly feel its more than likely, than it is unlikely, it isn't like they don't have the money to tie up in a particular product .
It isn't that hard to know what's going to sell out and what isn't. anything thats limited is going to flip for a profit more often than not. . . Its only logical to think theyd want to pocket more than 9% per transaction.
Based on where they are now compared to where they were even a year ago they're definitely a profitable Market. By selling in house they're even more profitable.

Unlikely. The volume they would get from direct acquisition/sales would be dwarfed by their normal sales process. While you're correct about the margin potential, it's simply not their business model. I've worked with companies who make 100s of millions of dollars from 2-3% transaction fees. Their 9%+ is a freak'n goldmine.

Im not saying they're buying fsr , more like common sizes of pairs that are sure sales.
Being that you are very familiar with the business side , I respect your opinion, yet I still think its a strong possibility they supply customers 1st hand at times.

Last edited:
Hey at least you got them earlier than others lol, not to mention hitting on END period :lol:

Lowkey I kind of wish I entered on END too, I initially just thought one pair would be enough but a double up is essential for sure

If the black cement pair drops too I think I'd pass just because of already having the regular. Not exactly on the collectors side :lol:

When you order from StockX do they auto select your seller? or is it randomized

I'm so used to eBay's process (which is trash) but will likely buy next from SX

When you order from StockX do they auto select your seller? or is it randomized
I'm so used to eBay's process (which is trash) but will likely buy next from SX
Goes to seller with lowest asking price.

No clue who the Yeezy dudes are, but nobody really messed things up last night.

You wanted me to post it on NT? I had a heads up around 5pm about it, line was already 150 deep. :rolleyes
He means people in the yeezy thread were saying airaab ran you off the thread and ruined it for everyone with the drop hints. I still believe in you tho. Your info was actually still very valid when you said uncle savino isn't shipping....

Back
Top Bottom