Air Jordan 38

IMG_9506.jpeg

Would be pretty dope to get a retro m9 or m8 or goat m10/11 to go alongside future Jordan releases… I think it’s time to give my guy his due

Last edited:
Was it the 31’s that were bad traction? Outside of the PF version posted several pages back. Everything we have seen has been translucent. Must be in an attempt to show the new X-plate. Going to be interesting to hear honest takes once more people get these in hand.

Yep the 31's, the worst traction that I've ever played in.

This isn’t a blanket statement by any means so don’t throw tomatoes but it seems to me that most people who hate on the new Jordan sigs post like 20 fall into one of two categories:

1. Newer to sneakers

2. Were around 1-14 and have stayed true to their hatred of post -14 since.

Doesn’t mean it’s wrong just an observation. I love seeing the new model every year and I don’t judge it til it’s on foot cause it’s a performance shoe not a casual option.

I love LOTS of post 14 including the 16, 17, 18, 20, 2009, 29, 31, 34.

Keeping an open mind but these look GOOD to me thus far.

This isn’t a blanket statement by any means so don’t throw tomatoes but it seems to me that most people who hate on the new Jordan sigs post like 20 fall into one of two categories:

1. Newer to sneakers

Doesn’t mean it’s wrong just an observation. I love seeing the new model every year and I don’t judge it til it’s on foot cause it’s a performance shoe not a casual option.

You say it's not a "Blanket Statement" but then you say the "Haters" fall into two categories?

1691019343644.gif

That's kinda the definition of a blanket statement.

There's many different reasons why many don't like newer Jordan's and your reasons are definitely two of them.

Many younger people also don't like the newer Jordan's because they don't view them as classics like the 1-14's.

And many older people don't like Jordan's not numbered 1-14 because MJ didn't wear them on the court.

Then you have those that compare the newer ones to the older ones and since the older ones are classics and look better they consider the newer ones ugly and wack.

Then you have those that want the latest and greatest technology and the flagship Nike\Jordan model so they buy them for basketball.

You also have some that wanna play in what MJ would be playing in if he played today.

It's so many reasons why people do and don't like the newer Jordan's.

All the reasons you guys cite are likely true. But I legit cannot understand the comments I've seen (mostly on other platforms and not here on NT) by loads of people calling the 38 hideous and all that. It's a classic type of hoop-shoe silhouette that is pretty damn clean in its lines, colorblocking, and overall design. I'd like to know what Jordans they DO like, if they think these are ugly. That would perhaps shed some light on the types of designs they think look good. The 38s look like they could've come out in 1997 or '98, for the most part.

Post AJ14, stylistically, 15,20, 32-36 were all beautiful, & what I consider to carry the flagship torch. There was a good amount of mediocrity & modest amount of shrouds post 14.

The 37 took a step back, but I love how the 38 look in most every colorway that has been shown.

I’m sure there have been some great shoes, performance wise, post 14, and that’s where it counts the most, but maybe that’s a 51/49% thing, lol. I personally haven’t balled in any AJ post 17.

All the reasons you guys cite are likely true. But I legit cannot understand the comments I've seen (mostly on other platforms and not here on NT) by loads of people calling the 38 hideous and all that. It's a classic type of hoop-shoe silhouette that is pretty damn clean in its lines, colorblocking, and overall design. I'd like to know what Jordans they DO like, if they think these are ugly. That would perhaps shed some light on the types of designs they think look good. The 38s look like they could've come out in 1997 or '98, for the most part.
I don't really pay attention to those criticisms on the 38 but for sure they are million miles better than those garbage from last year and for sure the 38s are getting much love unlike the ones before it.

You say it's not a "Blanket Statement" but then you say the "Haters" fall into two categories?

1691019343644.gif

There's many different reasons why many don't like newer Jordan's and your reasons are definitely two of them.

Many younger people also don't like the newer Jordan's because they don't view them as classics like the 1-14's.

And many older people don't like Jordan's not numbered 1-14 because MJ didn't wear them on the court.

Then you have those that compare the newer ones to the older ones and since the older ones are classics and look better they consider the newer ones ugly and wack.

Then you have those that want the latest and greatest technology and the flagship Nike\Jordan model so they buy them for basketball.

You also have some that wanna play in what MJ would be playing in if he played today.

This is legitimately the first Air Jordan designed well enough, post retirement that I can actually envision him wearing on the court.

1. Newer to sneakers

Also wanna add I’m old and I wear casual no matter what. Still primarily hoop in my favorite model which is the 13.

Loved the 29 for hooping also.

I'm in your boat. I was around for all the OG pairs, though a little young for the first couple. Post 14, there have only been a couple models that I straight up disliked, (15, Glory Holes) and there have been some that I loved. I've never understood the folks that just immediately wrote models off because he didn't play in them. A good shoe is a good shoe. I really liked the 37 comfort wise, but as I've stated multiple times in that thread, I just couldn't get past the disconnected ankle. It looked terrible to/on me. So far, I've loved what I've seen with the 38. Just want to try them on and see what I'm dealing with.

I’m bout to rock these 38s so casually idc. Gimme a vintage black Karl Kani or Sergio Techinni sweatsuit and I’m chillin. We need to bring back that vibe of just wearing the latest Jordan because it’s the latest Jordan haha
Remember Damon Wayans wearing the 19s against Jordan wearing the cool grey 4s on his old show? Good times

1691019343644.gif

you must have missed the word "MOST" which means "NOT ALL"

and staying true to 1-14 because MJ didn't wear a lot of the other ones on court WOULD fall into one of the two categories i mentioned

it's cool though, I wasn't trying to argue. just stating an opinion of what I seem to notice in every new Sig thread every single year before the shoe drops, which is why i said it was my "OBSERVATION"

your experience could, should, and would be different as you're a different person -- which is one of the things I appreciate -- differing opinions --- and trying to understand them.

I'm in your boat. I was around for all the OG pairs, though a little young for the first couple. Post 14, there have only been a couple models that I straight up disliked, (15, Glory Holes) and there have been some that I loved. I've never understood the folks that just immediately wrote models off because he didn't play in them. A good shoe is a good shoe. I really liked the 37 comfort wise, but as I've stated multiple times in that thread, I just couldn't get past the disconnected ankle. It looked terrible to/on me. So far, I've loved what I've seen with the 38. Just want to try them on and see what I'm dealing with.

You plottin on a specific 38 colorway or waiting on discount or what?

Back
Top Bottom